Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Expression Pedal Calibration-help?

I use a Kieth McMillen 12 step midi controller to trigger Magellan and Galileo in my iPad (4th Generation). The controller takes an expression pedal which I have successfully setup to control the rotary speed dial in Galileo (mind you this is a simple on/off function). I set the same expression pedal to control the master volume in Magellan. It works sort of, but the switch is severe (basically max/min) and barely rocking back turns sound completely off. How can i calibrate the expression pedal so that I can use the full swing of the pedal and get a gradual increase/decrease in volume?

Comments

• edited January 2018

Sounds like the expression pedal may be setup as a switch, my fcb had this type setup on one of the expression pedals. It was only sending 2 midi cc messages, rather then 0-127.
    This might even be setup inside the 12 step, haven't used one but I'm sure others here are familiar with it.

You will probably get better advice if you mention the which expression pedal you are using as most likely someone here will be using the same model.

Hope you get it working!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Sounds like the expression pedal may be setup as a switch, my fcb had this type setup on one of the expression pedals. It was only sending 2 midi cc messages, rather then 0-127.
    This might even be setup inside the 12 step, haven't used one but I'm sure others here are familiar with it.

You will probably get better advice if you mention the which expression pedal you are using as most likely someone here will be using the same model.

Hope you get it working!

Thanks for chiming in! I am actually using a Dunlop DVP1 Volume pedal in conjunction with an expression convertor cable (basically allows the volume pedal to behave like an expression pedal). I have used the pedal for expression in many other pieces of hardware without fail, but those units had menus for pedal calibration. I don't see anywhere calibration can be done within the 12 step or the iPad apps I'm using.