Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The new Arturia Minibrute 2 looks pretty sexy ;)

hhmmmm.... I bought a Microbrute a couple years ago over the Minibrute because it was smaller and more portable, but the Minibrute 2 looks pretty sexy imo, might be my next purchase, 2 oscillators, a se
mi modular/ cv/gate patch bay and sequencer??

Comments

• hmmmmm......:)

• That does look pretty cool. I bought a Microbrute a couple of years back - it was my first "real" synth of any kind. Basically everything I knew about synths came from iOS and this site prior to that. It sounded great, but coming from iOS expectations, it was a bit rough to go from all that capability at low cost to this analog piece of gear that sounded great, but had no presets and required you build sounds from scratch.

I sold it and got a Korg Minilogue, which was a bit more of a compromise between analog sound and the capabilities (preset saving; polyphony; etc) I had been accustomed to in iOS. All this is to say that the Minibrute 2 looks great, but I'm trying to avoid peeking any farther into the hardware rabbit hole. My synth needs are pretty casual and we can already do so much with what's on the iPad.

• 2S is even better, will buy it definitely later this year...

Oscillators and filter FM modulation !!!

• @StormJH1 said:
    That does look pretty cool. I bought a Microbrute a couple of years back - it was my first "real" synth of any kind. Basically everything I knew about synths came from iOS and this site prior to that. It sounded great, but coming from iOS expectations, it was a bit rough to go from all that capability at low cost to this analog piece of gear that sounded great, but had no presets and required you build sounds from scratch.

I sold it and got a Korg Minilogue, which was a bit more of a compromise between analog sound and the capabilities (preset saving; polyphony; etc) I had been accustomed to in iOS. All this is to say that the Minibrute 2 looks great, but I'm trying to avoid peeking any farther into the hardware rabbit hole. My synth needs are pretty casual and we can already do so much with what's on the iPad.

For me having to build presets from scratch was one of the things I liked about it, I already have a TON of presets with IOS and and desktop synths, and after using the microbrute for as long as Ive had it, I pretty much know how to get what I want out of it pretty quickly, but the Korg Minilogue is a sweet piece of hardware too, I wouldn't mind one at some point.

• edited January 2018

@dendy said:
    2S is even better, will buy it definitely later this year...

Oscillators and filter FM modulation !!!

And a better pattern sequencer. Looks great :)

Love this quick demo. Crazy stuff!

• @LeeB

looking forward to hear/see that beauty in your youtbe sessions :)

• @dendy said:
    @LeeB

looking forward to hear/see that beauty in your youtbe sessions :)

Maybe one day. I would like one for sure ;)

• I fried the power supply in my MiniBrute a few months ago. This is looking very tempting as a replacement. LOVE the patch bay!

• Yep 2s drool :)

• This only makes me wonder what Arturia will do with the 'MicroBrute 2' :)
    (Zeeon is more than enough for me but I do wish it had a bigger knobs).

• oooh, that lfo at the end. crisp

• Minibrute 2 is beautiful, I was thinking about getting it. The next day 2s came out and I shit my pants lol. I always say I need to save my money and something like this comes along :). If they have an updated version for the drumbrute coming out, I might have a heart attac.

• I'm digging that 2S too. So glad to see more companies going the "groovebox" route over strictly keyboards.

• For less money you can get an O-Coast or a Moog Mother 32, both of which sound way better than what I hear in the demo.

• Did not see these coming! But I'n glad and probably will buy that Microbrute 2 as well as either their 3U or 6U rack. The latter one will keep me quite some while busy! :smiley:

The 0-coast or Mother 32 are not comparable. They lack too much for that. Before this Microbrute 2 was introduced I was thinking of a Dominion Club. Only reservation about that one is the user interface. The sounds of that thing are marvelous.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    For less money you can get an O-Coast or a Moog Mother 32, both of which sound way better than what I hear in the demo.

Considering the feature set of the new MBs, I'm not sure these are apples to apples comparisons. There are lots of monosynths for cheaper but I can't think of many (any?) with the same number of features. Though, I'm with you on the basic sound of the thing as compared to some the other monos available. Particularly the Erebus.

I used to have serious GAS for the O-Coast but the honorable @brambos saved me hundreds with Ripplemaker. It sounds great and covers enough of the same sonic territory that my desire for 0-coast is basically nil at this point. Plus the sequencer and preset storage!

• Is this thing USB class compliant? Can I plug let’s say a guitar in that synth to use it as a mFX?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is this thing USB class compliant? Can I plug let’s say a guitar in that synth to use it as a mFX?

I don’t have one, ended up buying something else, but with my Microbrute I can plug my guitar into the audio input and play thru the ladder filter, but the audio signal doesn’t trigger the filter on its own, you have to press a key on the keyboard or do the old match book under a key trick to send audio thru the filter and turn down the oscillators if you only want to hear the guitar.

• edited May 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    For less money you can get an O-Coast or a Moog Mother 32, both of which sound way better than what I hear in the demo.

In Canada the Moog is more expansive than the Arturia with less options. I don’t think you can judge a synth with a 85 secondes clip ;)

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Strizbiz said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    Is this thing USB class compliant? Can I plug let’s say a guitar in that synth to use it as a mFX?

I don’t have one, ended up buying something else, but with my Microbrute I can plug my guitar into the audio input and play thru the ladder filter, but the audio signal doesn’t trigger the filter on its own, you have to press a key on the keyboard or do the old match book under a key trick to send audio thru the filter and turn down the oscillators if you only want to hear the guitar.

What else did you buy?