Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3.0.9

Comments

• BeatMaker 3.0.9 is LIVE!
    The BeatMaker 3.0.9 Update is now available on the App Store

Overall improvements

Parameters controlled by a macro will now act as macro knobs themselves, rather than displaying a panel to change/set the value.
    When displaying the FX panel back, restore the position where it was left on.
    Mixer levels can now be switched between traditional green/red levels and track colors. Simply press the “•••” button at the bottom right of the mixer.
    Added a RMS or Peak switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
    Added a channel strip size switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
    The 0dB graduation is now more prominent on mixer channel meters.
    Renamed quantization recording option to “Quantize Note On’s” and “Quantize Note Off’s” for clarity.
    Metronome options are now in a separate panel. To display it, long-press the metronome icon in the transport bar.
    Added metronome volume and tuning in the new metronome panel.
    Added “All Pass” filter type in SV Filter and 6-bands EQ effects.
    “Dynamics” effect improvements.
    Added a toolbar to copy, paste, cut and clear pads when entering “SELECT” mode on the main Perform screen.
    When entering Pads “SELECT” mode, disable Repeat.
    Pressing the browser headers, and the plugins list headers will quickly jump back to the beginning of the list.
    Save and restore full-screen sample editor time reference.
    It is now possible to set any color on tracks, banks & pads with the RGB color selector in the track panel.
    It is now possible to set any color on macros with the RGB color picker in the macro setup panel.
    Keep the order in which parameters are connected to macros, in the macro setup panel.
    Audio tracks can now use any other tracks as their audio input (hardware outputs, auxes, other audio tracks).
    In the Sound Store, you can now see which pack you already own and if they are already installed.
    It is now possible to re-assign focus actions to another device.
    Display sample bit-depth and sample rate in the editors.
    Improved AUv3 & IAA MIDI events timing and sequencer position accuracy.
    In the Settings, it is now possible to set the iOS audio system in “high-quality mode” (aka “measurement”). This mode is intended for apps that need to minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing to input and output signals.

Sampler & Plugins

When double-tapping the sequencer stop button, don’t send note off’s messages on all 128 keys and all 16 channels.
    Zoom to maximum level when long-pressing sample editor [+] button.
    Slices can now be exported a separate samples. They will be saved in the main ‘Samples’ directory.

Sequencer

Added an arm button to enable/disable track recording.

Bug fixes & engine improvements

Effect presets can now auto-create macros again.
    Bit-crusher max frequency limitation of 20kHz has been lifted.
    In the full-screen plugin view, properly show the AUv3 user interface again after displaying the “Add effect” panel.
    The “nuiFonts.db5” file, which was visible in browser Files mode, is now hidden.
    Fixed an issue with AUv3 MIDI plugins transport state (ie: Rozeta not playing the 1st downbeat).
    Fixed an issue where AUv3 would be notified about sequencer position changes in pre-roll / count-in.
    Fixed an issue with recorded quantized note off’s.
    Fixed an issue where the bank group was not properly restored on session load.
    Fixed a crash that would happen when double-tapping the track header in the Track Helper panel.
    Fixed an issue where user packs filtering would still show after library change.
    Fixed Saturator effect that would still apply output gain regardless of bypass status.
    Fixed an issue preventing some IAA plugins to appear in the list.
    Fixed an critical race condition between the audio engine and the UI that would crash the app when loading presets with lots of samples/layers (ie: BeatMaker Grand Piano).
    Fixed an issue where the audio track input label, in the mixer, would not properly update after reloading a session.
    Fixed the Slice Editor Snap L/R setting that was hidden in the “ENGINE” settings list.
    Fixed an issue on the song editor and sample editor where zoom would get stuck.
    Fixed an issue on the song editor where pinching would cut notes.
    Fixed track listing order in the Audio Export panel.
    Stability improvements.
    Minor visual improvements around the app.

• Any news on iPhone version yet?

• transient detection?

sample start/ automation?

• Unbelievable amount of hard work! Thanks Devs!

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Any news on iPhone version yet?

Q1!

• This is a great update to BM3.

• Hooray for being able to record the AUX tracks onto an audio track!

Now as for SELECT. I could never figure out it's function. I assumed it would allow for selecting multiple pads like in BM2, but it seem broken to me. It must serve another purpose that I'm failing to see.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Hooray for being able to record the AUX tracks onto an audio track!

Now as for SELECT. I could never figure out it's function. I assumed it would allow for selecting multiple pads like in BM2, but it seem broken to me. It must serve another purpose that I'm failing to see.

It just lets you switch to a pad without triggering it.

• ^ atm it is just a silent select (select a drum pad without making it sound). I think what you describe will come. Patience grasshopper!

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

There is a similar function on the Roland SP404sx. It allows you to select a pad without triggering it, which then allows you to edit it without those edits entering the mix until you trigger it. It allows you to add an effect to a sample that maybe doesn’t usually have one on it, change level, pan, etc before launching (on the SP404 anyway)

• ^
    AAAAAaaaaaaggghhh.

Thanks guys!

• >

Yet, for many who are coming from a different school of music making, this app remains very difficult to get into. Yes, I accept what a clever, versatile thing it is, but when something is this unintuitive, it’s off putting.

• @gusgranite said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Q1!

When or where you got this info?

• @Zen210507 said:

>

Yet, for many who are coming from a different school of music making, this app remains very difficult to get into. Yes, I accept what a clever, versatile thing it is, but when something is this unintuitive, it’s off putting.

well. as a modstep and ableton user i can honestly say it wasn't really that hard to get used to BM3. i guess i'm just platform agnostic at this point.

• @DaveMagoo said:

It won’t happen lol

• I updated it yesterday, and now cannot open it. It is stuck hanging on the intro screen. Anyone else is experiencing this? (I am on iPad Pro 9.7”)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

well. as a modstep and ableton user i can honestly say it wasn't really that hard to get used to BM3. i guess i'm just platform agnostic at this point.

Yeah, I feel the same. Modstep is a good comparison. For me, both modstep and BM3 have taken some time to feel completely comfortable and fluent with, but the time has been well spent with the options they provide in my workflow.

• @zhoe said:
    I updated it yesterday, and now cannot open it. It is stuck hanging on the intro screen. Anyone else is experiencing this? (I am on iPad Pro 9.7”)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6117/cannot-open-app-3-09-solved#latest

If you have a large library, it can take a long time to index it.

• edited January 2018

@ToMess said:

@zhoe said:
    I updated it yesterday, and now cannot open it. It is stuck hanging on the intro screen. Anyone else is experiencing this? (I am on iPad Pro 9.7”)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6117/cannot-open-app-3-09-solved#latest

If you have a large library, it can take a long time to index it.

Yeah, I have like 14GB. Should I just let it hang? I left it for 5mins or so...still ‘loading’.
    (Edit)...Sorted! Cheers

• edited January 2018

@zhoe said:

Be patient, BM3 is reindexing all your samples...
    For me it took one hour...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@zhoe said:

Be patient, BM3 is reindexing all your samples...
    For me it took one hour...

Cheers, all sorted now.

• 5GB and updated pretty quick. All good :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Ditto

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Yeah, I feel the same. Modstep is a good comparison. For me, both modstep and BM3 have taken some time to feel completely comfortable and fluent with, but the time has been well spent with the options they provide in my workflow.

Not for me.
    modstep was more difficult than Cubasis, and I still just don't understand why there is this double usage of a track / Pattern for both melody and drums (whyyyyy? for what reason????? usabe for whattttttttt?) but otherwise, it seems to be logical and intuitively usable.

Cannot say the same for BM3.
    Sure not.

• @tja said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Not for me.
    modstep was more difficult than Cubasis, and I still just don't understand why there is this double usage of a track / Pattern for both melody and drums (whyyyyy? for what reason????? usabe for whattttttttt?) but otherwise, it seems to be logical and intuitively usable.

Cannot say the same for BM3.
    Sure not.

It has taken the route of maschine basically except you have to go to the timeline to get to the sequencers. On Mac all the stuff is on one screen or hardware. My request is to have a button on the pad screen to take you to the midi.

• @ToMess said:

@gusgranite said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Q1!

Hmm. It was an Intua comment on FB but I can’t find it now...

• @gusgranite said:

@ToMess said:

@gusgranite said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Q1!

Hmm. It was an Intua comment on FB but I can’t find it now...

Not too long ago i remember Mathieu from intua posting on their forum something implying that there is no release date for iphone or mac version, but the release of iphone version is more about getting the ipad version polished and figuring out how to fit everything in iphone sized UI. Porting itself is not an issue and that any polishing done to ipad will also translate to other versions, so it makes sense to polish ipad version first.

• @zhoe said:

ditto

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine took 3.5hrs :/ approx 50gb.

Worth it though, solid update.