Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sh101 app

13»

Comments

• edited September 2020

@LeeB said:

@dendy said:

@jolico said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks - but both of these give me the heebie jeebies just looking at them - I struggle sometimes to make midi connections 😃. I was hoping for something more out of the box.

I know what you mean.
    I also want a simple SH-101 app that sounds, looks and acts like the real thing.
    No patching/menus/tabs/scrolling etc.

This all patchinh you need. Interzone Valley is direct 101 emulation and it's oscillators and filter are really sounding very close to real thing. Layout is straight forward and cleab. You don't need to connect anything more, all basic modules (oscillators, filter, lfo, envelopes) are by default internally commected, so you're just tweaking knobs.

This connection is on miRack AUv3 version (on iphone)

Looks good.

And sounds amazing :-) One of best analog-like sounding iOS synths... with a bit more patching you can connect 4 instamces and use them as 4 voice polyphonic synth, of course it's a bit pain because then you need always cooy patch changes to all instances :-)))

Of course, i think Sh-01a boutique would look cool in your jam videos :-))))

• @dendy said:

@jolico said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks - but both of these give me the heebie jeebies just looking at them - I struggle sometimes to make midi connections 😃. I was hoping for something more out of the box.

I know what you mean.
    I also want a simple SH-101 app that sounds, looks and acts like the real thing.
    No patching/menus/tabs/scrolling etc.

This all patchinh you need. Interzone Valley is direct 101 emulation and it's oscillators and filter are really sounding very close to real thing. Layout is straight forward and cleab. You don't need to connect anything more, all basic modules (oscillators, filter, lfo, envelopes) are by default internally commected, so you're just tweaking knobs.

This connection is on miRack AUv3 version (on iphone)

Thanks - I’ll give this some thought. It does sound promising. I’ll take a look at some miRack videos and take it from there...... at the moment my heart and my head are in tandem saying ‘don’t do it - you’ll spend a tenner and end up getting frustrated after half an hour’ 😄 🤔

• Egoist bass synth.

• edited September 2020

@dendy : I’m falling at the first hurdle here. I can’t find that MIDI-1 AUV3 host module in my Mirack list. Is ‘midi-1’ the name? And who is it by? Thanks! 🤨

*** Update - Using Mirack as an AU instrument in AUM. I went with ‘Midi Input‘ from the ‘Basic MIDI Input’ section, which differs cosmetically from the unit in your patch but appears to be the same(ish) thing (?) and figured I needed to go from the sockets marked ‘V/Oct’ and ‘Gate’ to the locations you used on the Interzone. Then hooked up Cykle to the AUM channel MIDI in. It worked! Hey - I just made my first modular patch! :)

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Its in the "Audio,MIDI @ Sync" pack. It's called "Basic MIDI Input". It's part of miRack, not listed under any company name.

Or, if you're on the "Tags" tab it's under MIDI.

• edited September 2020

@robosardine

the moment my heart and my head are in tandem saying ‘don’t do it - you’ll spend a tenner and end up getting frustrated after half an hour’

don't be afraid, you can use mirack just in simple way like patch above...that's actually how i use it in most cases - no complex patches, only such simple straightforward modules.. there are some true gems like this interzone valley, mutable instruments modules ports or some great sounding filters.. most of mirack patches in my projects comsist from just few modules patched in totally simple straightforward way - i always try to controll myself to just use good part of it but don't get lost in modular madness

• @wim : thanks! I think I found it about the time you posted, but glad to see I got it right :)

• I tried that one in MiRack, it’s a great little synth, but just doesn’t sound like a 101.

• @dendy said:
    @robosardine

the moment my heart and my head are in tandem saying ‘don’t do it - you’ll spend a tenner and end up getting frustrated after half an hour’

don't be afraid, you can use mirack just in simple way like patch above...that's actually how i use it in most cases - no complex patches, only such simple straightforward modules.. there are some true gems like this interzone valley, mutable instruments modules ports or some great sounding filters.. most of mirack patches in my projects comsist from just few modules patched in totally simple straightforward way - i always try to controll myself to just use good part of it but don't get lost in modular madness

Thanks for the encouragement @dendy I may well go for it yet, I’m starting to see the possibilities. It does look like it would be worth the effort in the end. Can the mirack creations appear in Audiobus & AUM etc for further processing etc? I see that it has Ableton Link on board.

I had completely forgotten about the bass synth in Egoist @BroCoast - having used it exclusively for slicing - I’ve got it already so will be on that case soon.

• Put the Tal Juno in single voice mode. Should get you pretty close.

• @cyberheater said:
    Put the Tal Juno in single voice mode. Should get you pretty close.

Wish I could. Unfortunately it’s only for iPadOS

• Korg’s Berlin in Gadget is not far from a SH101. I have an old SH09 in the attic waiting to be sold along with a CSQ600 (pref as a pair) and without looking up the differences between the SH09 and SH101 synth sections (there aren’t many) I’d say the one thing I used to use a lot on the SH09 and isn’t there in Berlin is the LFO delay. That really is a nice feature.

• @u0421793 said:
    Korg’s Berlin in Gadget is not far from a SH101. I have an old SH09 in the attic waiting to be sold along with a CSQ600 (pref as a pair) and without looking up the differences between the SH09 and SH101 synth sections (there aren’t many) I’d say the one thing I used to use a lot on the SH09 and isn’t there in Berlin is the LFO delay. That really is a nice feature.

The SH-09 is also a great machine.
    Have you tried patching it’s headphone out back into the external input and slowly raising the input fader?

• Yes Berlin gets a ‘you can stay’ badge - no question.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@robosardine said:
    Can the mirack creations appear in Audiobus & AUM etc for further processing etc? I see that it has Ableton Link on board.

miRack can be run as an AU in any host. It can be used as an instrument/generator, multi-output instrument, FX, and midi FX. Link isn't needed when running as an AU; host sync is used then.

• @wim said:

@robosardine said:
    Can the mirack creations appear in Audiobus & AUM etc for further processing etc? I see that it has Ableton Link on board.

miRack can be run as an AU in any host. It can be used as an instrument/generator, multi-output instrument, FX, and midi FX. Link isn't needed when running as an AU; host sync is used then.

Thanks @wim - I was thinking that link would be a good back up if running in a host wasn’t possible. I must say though I am surprised- I had a low expectation that it was geared up for full interaction - I had it down pretty much as a niche sort of item in a world of its own.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

@robosardine said:

Thanks @wim - I was thinking that link would be a good back up if running in a host wasn’t possible. I must say though I am surprised- I had a low expectation that it was geared up for full interaction - I had it down pretty much as a niche sort of item in a world of its own.

It was, but the amazing @mifki has blown those doors wide open. It's now the most versatile app as far as connectivity options I know of. Drambo is a close second, but that's it so far.

Did you know it can run on a Mac (standalone or AU) too?

• Isn’t Zeeon supposed to be the most SH101 sounding synth currently on iOS?

• edited September 2020

@jolico said:

@u0421793 said:
    Korg’s Berlin in Gadget is not far from a SH101. I have an old SH09 in the attic waiting to be sold along with a CSQ600 (pref as a pair) and without looking up the differences between the SH09 and SH101 synth sections (there aren’t many) I’d say the one thing I used to use a lot on the SH09 and isn’t there in Berlin is the LFO delay. That really is a nice feature.

The SH-09 is also a great machine.
    Have you tried patching it’s headphone out back into the external input and slowly raising the input fader?

I’ve done something like that, in fact earlier this year, but via analogue delays. Not very musical, this experiment, and also not as ‘physical modelling’ as it was in my mind before I got the energy to lash it all up.

CSQ600+SH09+AD202+Para+AD100 experiment

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Bassalicious 2 has a number of SH-101 styled waveforms. I can't say whether any of the filter types are close. There seems to be a lot to work with there though.

• @wim said:

@robosardine said:

@wim said:

@robosardine said:

It was, but the amazing @mifki has blown those doors wide open. It's now the most versatile app as far as connectivity options I know of. Drambo is a close second, but that's it so far.

Did you know it can run on a Mac (standalone or AU) too?

No I didn’t know that - but then again unfortunately I don’t own a Mac at this stage.
    I have Bassalicios 2 and Zeon but I have never hit it off with either of them. I seem to feel myself being drawn in the direction of Arurias iMini In the meantime as I continue with the contemplation (I’ve bombed out the Egoist bass synth). I came across it as I was looking around at all the suggestions etc. Not a 101 emulation but comes with a bit of grit attached. I didn’t have much awareness of it until now, but it looks to be instantly 😍 gratifying. I’m not feeling a strong draw to the world of the multi fangled though at the moment. I think the problem is my workflow is on a real roll Just now. If I were in a bit of a rut I might be more prepared to give it the time.
    Anyone any further thoughts on @cyberheater suggesting the Tal Juno in single voice mode?

• edited September 2020

According to people who have used these, they do sound very SH-101:
    https://patchstorage.com/sh-101-red-patches/

I've just added a new preset.

• @rs2000 said:
    According to people who have used these, they do sound very SH-101:
    https://patchstorage.com/sh-101-red-patches/

I've just added a new preset.

Nice one 😊

• edited September 2020

Interzone ... really like it, thnx for a new fav B) Now wheres my hat, so I can eat it. :#

• Damn @noob that does sound good! I've not been able to coax anything like that out of it. I need to circle back to that lil' sucker now. 👍🏼

• yea its awesome will have to take back cht i said about mirack ouf.. anyway note the "cheat fx" aka DDMF helps to get the bacon in there

• @u0421793 said:

Gadget’s Dublin can do a creditable ROYGBIV. Start with the first factory patch, 80s Bass, and bump the SCALE of VCO1 and VCO2 up an octave, to 4’ and 8’ respectively. That will get you in the ballpark. But I would buy a dedicated SH101 app right away if it were as good as TALXUNO.

• @analog_matt said:

@Antkn33 said:
    Did this ever come out?

@analog_matt said:
    We’re working on a modern take of an analog bass synth, inspired by the SH101 and Bass Station II. It will feature a sound engine unique from AudioKit Synth One. However, it will not be a 1-to-1 model of the BSII or SH101. It’ll be its own unique beast. B)

Haha it's still in progress. Maybe 2020.

is the LE01?