Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

X-sequence vs Quantum sequencer

Can anyone draw me a side by side comparison between the two?
Ps- Looking fed to Mod Step 2 as I also like to work w audio samples. But still.

Comments

• Two totally different beasts! Worth having both. I’m not qualified to distinguish but love them both for what each has provided to me on iPhone.

• @MusicMan4Christ is totally right on this one. They’re extremely different. Xequence will give you the ability to map out a song from start to finish. Quantum will give you the ability to make a few notes sound like a brilliant symphony.

Also with Xequence you kind of need to know what you want. With Quantum you can experiment and get a variety of interesting, welcome results. But again, Xequence is suited for songs, Quantum for interesting repetition of notes.

• If you mean Xequence, Xequence is a linear sequencer, Quantum is a step sequencer. And yes, totally different beasts.

Linear sequencers are meant to build up fully fleshed out longer-form ideas. You can jump on the timeline to where your chorus or 3rd section starts. Step sequencers are, generally, meant for shorter loops; variations generally come from playing them by manipulating the sequencer controls/values in real time. Quantum offers a number of built in methods to add variation and chain sequences together to make longer phrases but there isn't really a global 'song' timeline like you find on a linear sequencer.

Wish 'MIDI Song Editors' never adopted the phrase 'sequencer', confusing everyone. They can both trigger a 'sequence of notes' via MIDI but that's about where the comparisons end.

• Create parts with Quantum and record, edit and glue them together in Xequence.

• @tja said:
    Create parts with Quantum and record, edit and glue them together in Xequence.

There you have it. :)

• Thanks! So use both for their intended functions..