Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

help me choose

I need a dock for my ipad for midi and audio.....I was looking at the griffin studio connect and the behringer is202.....the griffin is cheaper but it looks like you have to use actual midk cables to connect your midi controller while the behringer looks like its just a usb cable....I need something for my midi keyboard as well as something that I can hook my guitar into....which would you get or ar there options i have not yet discovered? Thank you in advance....as of late I have been asking lot of questions getting everything going and understand how everything works and connects with my ipad and their apps and I juat wanted to let each of you know how much I appreciate all your help....I'm new here and i hope i can make some good friends here.....by the way my name is jim and I'm from Florida

Just to give you some background on myself.....I have released 2 techno/trance albums, I have played guitar for over 20 yeqrs but I love producing, that is where my heart is. I have spent the last 10 years producing on ableton...that is what i know. everything on the ipad is so overwhelming....im just used to abletons features and work flow....so yea very overwhelming doing something so different, but anyway i have been recording for a decade and i'm hoping the ipad will open more doors for me for my producing, anyway hope to get to know you guys and meet some great true friends.....if you want to check out my music you can search for "Technica Projetions"

Comments

• I have the old style 30 pin Griffin Studio Connect, and I was happy with it at first. I got it for $15 bucks or something on Amazon. It is very unpredictable, it will work a charm for a while, then, not at all, or throw out some god awful noises.

I can't complain too much for how little I paid for it. It does make a pretty sturdy ipad stand as well. I wish it was more reliable.

I say Behringer. I like my irig HD a lot. and my focusrite 2i4 is great too.

• Hey Jim. Welcome. I have a Alesis iodock first model that I use with my Air2. It has 2 universal inputs and midi and balanced out.
    I use an Apple 30 to 9 pin adapter.
    Used this setup since the beginning with my iPad 3. It’s actually more stable now.
    I tried the Griffin a few years ago and got too many crashes. Not familiar with the new model if there is one. Hope that’s helpful.

• Thanks ben....i doesn'nt lol...it's a start though to get me started, I actually had the griffin once when I used only positive grid's bias but not sure about midi, after buying the ipad and the apps i'm running out of money so that is why i was cutting corners if i could

• @wellingtonCres said:
    which ipad?

I have an ipad 4

• maybe not what you are after, but you can plug the ipad into either a mac or pc and use the ipad like a sound module. built into ios 10/11 and mac os sierra/high sierra and on pc can use studiomux.

• I was interested in the behringer is202 but my ipad has the lightning connector so im confused on what kind of adapter i would need to connect it