Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROLI SEABOARD BLOCK - My First Impressions & Lots Of Sounds Played...Video

So here are my first impression of the ROLI Seaboard Block, plus loads of sounds messed with

Comments

• We wants one, or preferably two. Maybe one day...

• Looked on Sweetwater.... $299 for it. I don't the know so.

• Almost £250 per unit, in the UK.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Almost £250 per unit, in the UK.

Already got got a coupe of controller keyboards already. I'm not gonna spend £250 on a toy. I'm not that well off, & even if I wasn't struggling a bit, I still wouldn't buy it for that sort of money. I got more Financial priorities to deal with. Anyway......... still........ Nah!....... ;)

• @thesoundtestroom how are you finding the latency? Guess I should probably watch your video first. Just got one as well and quickly learned Bluetooth audio was going to add too much latency. Besides noise I played a bit with geoshred and ppg infinite.

• @rezidue said:
    @thesoundtestroom how are you finding the latency? Guess I should probably watch your video first. Just got one as well and quickly learned Bluetooth audio was going to add too much latency. Besides noise I played a bit with geoshred and ppg infinite.

Does Infinite have MPE?

• edited December 2017

@rezidue I didn’t notice any latency while playing it, I also tried it with GeoShred which was amazing and Both Animoog and Model 15, I was also pleasantly surprised at how fast it reacted even when I played it fast

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@rezidue said:
    @thesoundtestroom how are you finding the latency? Guess I should probably watch your video first. Just got one as well and quickly learned Bluetooth audio was going to add too much latency. Besides noise I played a bit with geoshred and ppg infinite.

Does Infinite have MPE?

It has a voice per channel mode that I think is similar. GeoShred has presets for controlling a few PPG apps so you could also go roli into GeoShred into infinite.

• @thesoundtestroom just want to thank you for showing how you could move into the drum kit with that side button. I never knew you could do that and for some reason when you manually assign the keyboard to an instrument (in the studio section) they will not let you select the drum slot.

• Thanks for the vid. It is probably worth mentioning that ROLI has some videos up explaining the playing technique of the Seaboard. Well, with a Seabard in your hands it might be obvious, but for those who don't it's goo to get a better idea of what it actually is.

I am not a keyboarder, I never was tempted to practice much with the keyboard which I own.
    But with the Seabaord it is a different show for me. I don't knowexactly why, but I am actually using this an practicing and having fun.

• edited December 2017

It’s clearly a well designed gizmo. No doubt some of those coming from a hardware background will also see the individual cost as not much.

But this is being marketed partly in the IOS world, using the app as enticement, and in this world the cost of the hardware is too much for many. Definitely too much for a casual purchase.

If these units were a hundred quid less...

• the difficulty for me is getting a good idea of how good it is without the proprietary software.... I'm not interested in that software at all, just the controller and how much you can get out of it without the software?

• edited December 2017

I really love the Seaboard Block. I bought another one to get 4 octaves, and the Equator upgrade to get access to the full-fat version on Mac. :)

NOISE certainly needs more work to be done to it, but those sounds plus controlling Animoog plus Model 15 and the forthcoming Zeeon MPE support are way too good to pass up! It’s the kind of controller that will get even better over time as more software becomes compatible and Roli continue to develop their apps.

Really needs a Blocks dashboard on iOS, mind!