Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk Clicks and Pops

I bit the bullet made a slew of IAP purchases @ 50% :smile:

Question has anyone experienced click and pops with Beathawk when using external Midi controllers

My favorite one of choice is Soundprism .. however I get massive clicks and pops when trying to play the organ and piano packs

Is it because beathawk cant handle too many voices (polyphony) at a time? CHordpolypad for example ( 3 or 4 voices) plays fine

Comments

• I would try different buffer settings in any of the apps that have them -- including Audiobus, if you're using it. I would also power your device off/on if you haven't in a while.

• I only get the pops and clicks in bm3 once they started having updates. First bm3 run was good then after that beathawk was a burden from there. Even out the buffer down to 1024 and no change.

• I haven’t experienced this myself, because I haven’t used Beathawk in about a month (right after Gadget got Vancouver), but if you need assistance, UVI has the best customer service.

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

They should get back to you within a business day. Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    but if you need assistance, UVI has the best customer service.

UVI hasnt replied to me since 26 evening .. maybe holidays

• If you haven’t looked into it already, sometimes with polyphony the level of the audio can peak and cause glitches. Dialing back the output volume can address the issue if that’s what’s happening.

• @hisdudeness said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    but if you need assistance, UVI has the best customer service.

UVI hasnt replied to me since 26 evening .. maybe holidays

Probably so, and would explain a backlog too.

• hisdudeness> @hisdudeness said:

I bit the bullet made a slew of IAP purchases @ 50% :smile:

Question has anyone experienced click and pops with Beathawk when using external Midi controllers

My favorite one of choice is Soundprism .. however I get massive clicks and pops when trying to play the organ and piano packs

Is it because beathawk cant handle too many voices (polyphony) at a time? CHordpolypad for example ( 3 or 4 voices) plays fine

I just purchased this application for my son as part of his Christmas gift and also downloaded some apps at 50% off. I have used it as a beat generator, yet in AUM or AudioBus I also have set it to trigger via sample only and not use it as a beat preset. I am on latest version and have not experienced issues yet. I will keep an eye out and see if I find any weirdness as you describe. So far no issues.