Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iWAVESTATION is amazing

Comments

• Thanks! Got any good ones to share?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Love3quency said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Love3quency
    As is often the case, threads like these don’t encourage me to buy the app (because I’ve almost always bought it already). They encourage me instead to revisit something I’ve only skimmed over, played presets etc.

Hearing your clip above made me think, yes okay something else (something cool) is here. Then I opened it up and actually tried some programming and the thing started making sense, oh man this thing is shit-hot and dead-sexy.

Yes, I know that most of us already own the app.

I was just sharing my excitement of it’s potential once I started to dive deeper into it.

I think due to the constant influx of new synths that we pause on older ones and don’t investigate them fully.

Presets seem to be popular on here, more so than creating ones own.. it’s like the fast food market but for music.

“I wanna make a track fast”

Lol

I think once we realise the deeper potential of the apps we already have, then we will be able to bring iOS music to a wider audience

Because iOS apps are now fully able pro tools...

I appreciate you getting the thread going, it’s good to discover/rediscover this beauty/beasty

Thanks!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Hey Not human and if we don’t, we do have each other to figure it out and ask questions. I consider myself a noob of this wondrous beast with still so much too learn. That’s what’s so fab about this AB forum, we can help each other out in order to learn this thang! Cheers to all of you who took the plunge in getting it and are committed to learning this awesome app!

Yes, it’s very complex and I agree that this forum is wonderful for us all to learn from each other!
    One thing is for sure... we have some very advanced apps for very cheap :)

• Actually, from memory you have to load the sysex files into iFunbox or iTunes first.
    Look for ones in .syx format (not .wsram)
    Here is a link to Korg download sites for .syx files
    http://www.korgforums.com/support/wavestation.htm

• @Jes said:
    Actually, from memory you have to load the sysex files into iFunbox or iTunes first.
    Look for ones in .syx format (not .wsram)
    Here is a link to Korg download sites for .syx files
    http://www.korgforums.com/support/wavestation.htm

Thanks for the link- looks like a plentiful resource
    anyone that takes this plunge ahead of me, please report back on install experience and bank recomemdations

• Question

How does one share presets between iOS devices?

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2019

@hisdudeness All 3 user cards: ‘Export sound data’ in iWavestation’s File menu. Unfortunately you’ll need iTunes to copy that file to another device.

If you just want to copy a single preset you could use Gadget and select the preset in Milpitas. Save the song to iCloud and open it on another device and ‘write’ to a user card in Milpitas. It will then also show up in iWavestation.

• @R_2 said:
    @hisdudeness All 3 user cards: ‘Export sound data’ in iWavestation’s File menu. Unfortunately you’ll need iTunes to copy that file to another device.

If you just want to copy a single preset you could use Gadget and select the preset in Milpitas. Save the song to iCloud and open it on another device and ‘write’ to a user card in Milpitas. It will then also show up in Iwavestation.

Thanks a lot !!!

• Is there a way to delete one or more of the wavesequences in a performance? I can get a popup menu that has Change and Edit choices but neither of those seem to lead to an option to delete the waveseq

• edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to delete one or more of the wavesequences in a performance? I can get a popup menu that has Change and Edit choices but neither of those seem to lead to an option to delete the waveseq

Luckily you can save your own wave sequences individually.
    Delete all sequence steps in Level/Semi/Fine and save it as e.g. User1 > 34 "Init".
    You can delete a step by tap-holding on it.

• Forgot what a wonderful thing this was ... and am struck by how conservative we were when Wavestation first hit the road ... we were all trying to sound like everyone else I guess ... but this critter can really push the envelope... heaps of grunt under the hood. Lovely to hear those old sounds again ... even better to do shocking, wicked things to them. Absolute hoot!

• @MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:
    I got it. Incredible sound. It’s actually quite easy to edit the random created presets. But i cannot think of creating a patch from scratch. its insanely deep and mysterious this beast :)

Anyways thanks to all recommending and pointing to it. I am glad I bought it while on sale ;)

I personally wouldn’t recommend using the random patches, as they are mostly aimed at just wave sequences - well presumably as they fill the page up with waves. If you’re having trouble doing a sound from scratch, try using one of the many many presets to find something as a starting point. Then change waves. A few simple tweaks of a half decent starting preset will get much better result than random IMO.

Funny, so I bought it today and tried the presets. Pretty good but not really my thing. Hit the random button and BOOM. The random wave sequences (especially the drums, which can be dialed in with a long press on the random button) are exactly my thing--well, sliced up in BM3 they are. I can't believe @MonzoPro hasn't got this one yet...

That said, the standalone app really requires Link to make this play nicely with others. Whatever, I'll sample it to make it work.

Just watching some vids earlier, and it sounds very iM1/Phil Collins...think I’d need to see more of its soundscape/experimental side..

Maybe this is Phil's thread?

• Its amazing... alm the Crazy randomness as rhythmic or musical direction (or both :))
    But as long it’s not AU<3 it’s only
    a-meh-. Given up hope regarding Korg. Gadget has been removed from my devices too.

• edited July 2019

Hey guys, I’ve got a question and thought maybe someone here could help. I just bought iWavestation (and a few other Korg apps being that they’re all half price right now) and have been enjoying all of the amazing sounds it can produce.

The issue I’m having is when using an external midi keyboard, I only get like one “layer” or only part of the sound. When I use the on screen keyboard in the app however, I get the full rich sound. I’m assuming this is because my midi controller is only transmitting on one midi channel? Is the a midi-learn function or a way to enable my midi controller to play the same thing the on screen keyboard plays?

I’ve poked around in the midi settings (which I’m still learning about midi in general) and have everything at the default settings;

Global midi channel - All channels (Omni?)
    Controller 1 - CC 1: Modulation
    Controller 2 - CC 2: Breath Ctrl
    Joystick X - CC 16
    Joystick Y - CC 17

Control change filter - on
    Program change - off
    After touch - off

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• @Intrepolicious - Hi, I am not an expert on midi matters, and I am only guessing, but perhaps you can experiment with the settings of your midi keyboard. If I had your problem I would search the manual of my midi keyboard for setting it up in omni/all channel mode.

• @Intrepolicious
    Check the velocity ranges on the Mixer > MIDI page. Your keyboard might send notes with note velocity other than 100 which is what the built-in keyboard plays.

• @rs2000 said:
    @Intrepolicious
    Check the velocity ranges on the Mixer > MIDI page. Your keyboard might send notes with note velocity other than 100 which is what the built-in keyboard plays.

quite likely,

I had the same Issue with KQ dixie, the built in and external send two different velocities

• @Marcel said:
    @Intrepolicious - Hi, I am not an expert on midi matters, and I am only guessing, but perhaps you can experiment with the settings of your midi keyboard. If I had your problem I would search the manual of my midi keyboard for setting it up in omni/all channel mode.

@rs2000 said:
    @Intrepolicious

@hisdudeness said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Intrepolicious

quite likely,

I had the same Issue with KQ dixie, the built in and external send two different velocities

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ve only had a short time to spend with it so far. I’ll try a few things and see what happens.

• @skiphunt said:

@david_2017 said:
    My fear is that this machine is the most complex piece of musical software ever created. It looks good and sounds amazing but it also looks unbelievable complicated

It’s not too bad... I found this dude’s video helpful

Yep, necro thread but ... great video. Very helpful.

• Is it possible to map MIDI cc? I can't find it but would love to use an external controller for soundshaping.

• @Doc_T said:
    Is it possible to map MIDI cc? I can't find it but would love to use an external controller for soundshaping.

Yes, 2 MIDI CC. Check the manual.

• Hm. Not exactly what I was looking for. I am looking for a way to control envelopes, lfo and the wave sequences with a MIDI controler, the core of the sound, not the joystic or mod wheels. In the original Wavestation this was possible via MIDI sysex Data. I was courious if there is anything in the iOS app to do the same.

• @Doc_T said:
    Hm. Not exactly what I was looking for. I am looking for a way to control envelopes, lfo and the wave sequences with a MIDI controler, the core of the sound, not the joystic or mod wheels. In the original Wavestation this was possible via MIDI sysex Data. I was courious if there is anything in the iOS app to do the same.

Not even the Legacy Collection Wavestation VSTi on desktop supports that. 😢

• Damn this app is a blast
    From early 2019 when I jammed a lot with it as the last of my IAA apps.

Just got it in my iPhone 7 for
    Sample fodder for my hardware and this + geoswam sax has me confident I’m gonna make a killer vaporwave album

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Damn this app is a blast
    From early 2019 when I jammed a lot with it as the last of my IAA apps.

Just got it in my iPhone 7 for
    Sample fodder for my hardware and this + geoswam sax has me confident I’m gonna make a killer vaporwave album

Got any of your Vaporwave tracks to link to? 😊

• edited November 2022

Guys, looks like we got a gift from Korg. Itunes store says there is IAP "Expansions Cards" to buy additionally after purchasing the app, but I just got the app and all the cards are already unlocked :sunglasses:

• R_2R_2
    edited November 2022

@israelite Yes, that glitch has been reported before.

I believe some presets are silent though, because of missing pcm data.

• Thanks for the info @R_2 Indeed it makes sense

• 90% Great
    I do not give 100% because it’s not auv3
    If you get to understand how it works how to make sequences set up the patches and make your performances it’s f@cken Sick !!!!!
    I had to do all that on the hardware synth back in the 90s in the software version is much easier and you can have all the banks without using memory cards
    Using Gadget you can have as many iWavestations as your iPhone - iPad can handle there you can hear what this beast can do Jan Hammer And Many Others used it a lot !!!!!
    1wish for this Xmas is that Korg make iWavestationand iM1 auv3 even if they charge extra and I think a lot of people out there would agree
    Peace Out Everybody
    P.S. The Above is my personal opinion not the only one and necessarily corect !!!
    Thanks

• edited November 2023

Hey guys,
    does anyone know how I can import perfomances from my ipad? I have legacy banks (fxb) but I dont see any "iwavestation" folder no my ipad or icloud. Even when I export sound data I cant see it anywhere. I didint find any info about that. Thank you for help.