Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Haggis has stopped Flying

2»

Comments

• Good ideas @uncledave . If not, we all need to keep bumping this thread until the fresh Haggis is released. I feel like great apps of the past need all the hype we can give them so they will want to come back. So this is a bump. Honestly if FH was AUv3 and (maybe please) universal I would dump all the other guitar apps I have on my devices. It did everything I needed.

(Nobody confuses me with Jimi Hendrix however)

• edited February 2021

@DaveB I’d be happy to beta test. Loved the original FH!

• Cannot wait. FH was perfect for my needs.

• @DaveB Glad to see it's back in a new incarnation! Please don't abandon it this time 🤨

• Looks great, I missed this the first time round so would be happy to test it as well...

• edited February 2021

Thanks for the support, everyone, I really appreciate it. FH-2 is currently with Apple awaiting review. I’ll post back here with beta details once they approve it.

In the meantime, here are a few more details. FH-2 is a universal app, compatible with iPhone and iPads running iOS 13 or better. It also has AUv3 support.

What’s changed compared to the original? The GUI is a full rewrite obviously, with support for high res displays. And the amp remains the same in spirit - easy to use, no choice paralysis, no in-app purchases, excels at clean & classic rock/blues tones. (If you want high gain, there are better alternatives out there).

The big change is a major overhaul of the audio algorithm:

• The gain & EQ stack are more realistic and flexible. The original could sound dull with humbucker pickups, like a blanket was thrown over the amp. It had no sparkle. FH-2 has bags of crisp top-end.
    • The cabinet/mic simulations use stereo impulse responses (all original, recorded by me) captured using mid-side mics. This lets you dial in the level of stereo room ambience you need.
    • The reverb is an all-new smooth sounding plate algorithm. The old one didn’t cut the mustard.
    • A new dedicated Drive pedal gives clean boost, overdrive and high gain effect all in one.
    • I've added a tuner.

Last but not least, the name change. “Flying Haggis” was a wee insider joke that wasn't the slightest bit amusing outside of the UK. Reviewers just found it odd. I should have called it the DaveyTron 4000XT+ :)

So, FH-2 it is. A small nod to the new amp’s heritage. Without actually using the “FH” words.

• @DaveB said:
    Thanks for the support, everyone, I really appreciate it. FH-2 is currently with Apple awaiting review. I’ll post back here with beta details once they approve it.

In the meantime, here are a few more details. FH-2 is a universal app, compatible with iPhone and iPads running iOS 13 or better. It also has AUv3 support.

What’s changed compared to the original? The GUI is a full rewrite obviously, with support for high res displays. And the amp remains the same in spirit - easy to use, no choice paralysis, no in-app purchases, excels at clean & classic rock/blues tones. (If you want high gain, there are better alternatives out there).

The big change is a major overhaul of the audio algorithm:

• The gain & EQ stack are more realistic and flexible. The original could sound dull with humbucker pickups, like a blanket was thrown over the amp. It had no sparkle. FH-2 has bags of crisp top-end.
    • The cabinet/mic simulations use stereo impulse responses (all original, recorded by me) captured using mid-side mics. This lets you dial in the level of stereo room ambience you need.
    • The reverb is an all-new smooth sounding plate algorithm. The old one didn’t cut the mustard.
    • A new dedicated Drive pedal gives clean boost, overdrive and high gain effect all in one.
    • I've added a tuner.

Last but not least, the name change. “Flying Haggis” was a wee insider joke that wasn't the slightest bit amusing outside of the UK. Reviewers just found it odd. I should have called it the DaveyTron 4000XT+ :)

So, FH-2 it is. A small nod to the new amp’s heritage. Without actually using the “FH” words.

Thank you for the details, very exciting!! Looking forward to getting to know FH-2 and adding it to the new generation of guitar apps.

• Awesome! :love:

@DaveB said:

Good approach. But as a side note, i'm brazilian and I was totally amused by the name :lol:

• @DaveB said:

>

After looking the name up, I am more than amused. Maybe I’m not even amused at the right thing, but mythical Scottish creatures with one leg longer than the other is just brilliant.

• Such fantastic news. Last year, I bought a refurbished IPad 2 just so that I could still run Flying Haggis and Alchemy!

Please take my money. Soon.

• @DaveB said:
    I feel simultaneously ashamed and excited to bump this dusty old thread, but I'd like to show you lovely people a wee image.

Looking for a few friendly faces to help beta test, once Apple have finished their initial review!

Would gladly beta test.. one of my fav sims , I have my old iPad just for this app, on last app , I had issue with knobs, example delay pedal knob , it was difficult get exact time , example 375ms for 120 bpm

• edited February 2021

@PhilW said:
    I hope this gets fixed, I am another FH fan. Me too. Fabulous simulation, real easy, no fuss, just great sounds.

I wrote that when it disappeared! I’m so pleased that FH has been almost reborn, I’ve never been the same since it went, I shall purchase immediately on release. Thanks

• Or someone wrote that I quoted it and didn’t reply till I heard the news, confusion over!

• Sign me up! I will beat on it for you, I would love to test it.

• Please don’t be tempted to wait until Burns night before release!!

• Here's a sneaky wee preview of FH-2. I'm using my Gretsch 6118 into GarageBand (1st gen iPad Pro) via an Apogee Jam. Everything you hear is FH-2, there's no additional processing.

Clean clips show off the new cabinets and reverb quite nicely.
    Fakey AC/DC bit is just because it's fun :-)

• @DaveB said:
    Here's a sneaky wee preview of FH-2. I'm using my Gretsch 6118 into GarageBand (1st gen iPad Pro) via an Apogee Jam. Everything you hear is FH-2, there's no additional processing.

Nice!

• edited February 2021

@DaveB said:
    Here's a sneaky wee preview of FH-2. I'm using my Gretsch 6118 into GarageBand (1st gen iPad Pro) via an Apogee Jam. Everything you hear is FH-2, there's no additional processing.

• Reverb sure sounds nice!

• @richardyot : I do love that song, James Calvin Wilsey's lead line is so haunting.

It's also a great tone test for any amp. The original studio recording was a Strat into a Fender Deluxe with a single SM58, but I believe there was much post-processing to get that dreamy sound.

It's no coincidence that the FH-2 factory preset used here is called "Dreamy" :-)

• Holy smokes that’s what a guitar’s supposed to sound like! I’m buying some new strings and a bottle of Dom Perignon. If I put them on now they’ll be all stretched out when it’s available. But first I gotta change my shorts, got a little too excited there...

@DaveB said:
    Here's a sneaky wee preview of FH-2. I'm using my Gretsch 6118 into GarageBand (1st gen iPad Pro) via an Apogee Jam.

• @DaveB its a great song, and indeed a great tone!

• @DaveB said:
    . It also has AUv3 support.

>
    🤩

Love it! Can’t wait to try it!

• edited February 2021

Excellent news, Apple have now approved FH-2 for beta testing :)

To anyone who would like to try the beta, just drop me your email in a PM (or send it to [email protected]) and I'll hook you up.

Note I'm not just interested in testing for bugs. I REALLY want to know what other guitarists think of the tone quality and usability. Don't be shy in volunteering your honest opinions, I have a thick skin.

Thanks everyone!

• @uncledave said:
    @DaveB I'd be glad to check it out for you. Firm believer in testing as testing.

Just suggesting: How about a new thread and an open beta?

Good idea. Is it acceptable to do that here? I wouldn't want to break any house rules or overstay my welcome.

• @DaveB said:

@uncledave said:
    @DaveB I'd be glad to check it out for you. Firm believer in testing as testing.

Good idea. Is it acceptable to do that here? I wouldn't want to break any house rules or overstay my welcome.

It’s totally cool, go for it. 👍

• @richardyot said:

@DaveB said:

@uncledave said:

It’s totally cool, go for it. 👍

Excellent :). I've setup a new thread for beta discussion here.