Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: ROLI play for Lightpad

https://roli.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de5b31d43bd17b6dd173ed2b4&id=66383ff0a7&e=0573da0834

Hmm, I am not so sure why this app is actually needed on the market?
I suppose it is designed to be an entry level app for newcomers.
Well, if it helps new people to get into the world of making music - if it really does this - then I am all for it.

Comments

• I am all for getting people involved in music. But I had higher hopes for ROLI.
    ROLI is fast becoming the Snapchat/Instagram of iOS music apps...

• Looks like they are looking for more ways to grow their market to help profitability. The R&D on their hardware must be enormous

• It's great that ROLI are seeking to bring more people in, but I do wonder what demographics they think are buying their instruments! Surely it's people like us - they are hardly casual, impulse purchases! I'm totally happy for them to grow their market, as long as they don't forget the users who are seeking more complex functionality in their apps to make music in the ways we expect. Last night I used Equator in Logic on the Mac and it was sublime. I'm pretty sure that the new iPads are more than powerful enough to run an iOS AUv3 port of Equator, so I'd love ROLI to be extending themselves to target both the casual and experienced market, delivering tools that help with the music-making experience of both groups.

To that end, the Noise app still needs a lot of work. It would be good to know what their road map is for that.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    It's great that ROLI are seeking to bring more people in, but I do wonder what demographics they think are buying their instruments! Surely it's people like us - they are hardly casual, impulse purchases! I'm totally happy for them to grow their market, as long as they don't forget the users who are seeking more complex functionality in their apps to make music in the ways we expect. Last night I used Equator in Logic on the Mac and it was sublime. I'm pretty sure that the new iPads are more than powerful enough to run an iOS AUv3 port of Equator, so I'd love ROLI to be extending themselves to target both the casual and experienced market, delivering tools that help with the music-making experience of both groups.

To that end, the Noise app still needs a lot of work. It would be good to know what their road map is for that.

I'd also love to know the future of the Noise app. What we can see, though: Noise had been getting addition features, step by step. AU compatibility was done just recently. Some days ago overdubbing was added plus export options.
    So I do not complain about missing advancement.

But I hope that they will do the Dadhboard for iOS soon. We need it to get the full benefit of the Blocks for iOS

• @teleb said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    It's great that ROLI are seeking to bring more people in, but I do wonder what demographics they think are buying their instruments! Surely it's people like us - they are hardly casual, impulse purchases! I'm totally happy for them to grow their market, as long as they don't forget the users who are seeking more complex functionality in their apps to make music in the ways we expect. Last night I used Equator in Logic on the Mac and it was sublime. I'm pretty sure that the new iPads are more than powerful enough to run an iOS AUv3 port of Equator, so I'd love ROLI to be extending themselves to target both the casual and experienced market, delivering tools that help with the music-making experience of both groups.

I'd also love to know the future of the Noise app. What we can see, though: Noise had been getting addition features, step by step. AU compatibility was done just recently. Some days ago overdubbing was added plus export options.

But I hope that they will do the Dadhboard for iOS soon. We need it to get the full benefit of the Blocks for iOS

Also, using the Seaboard Block with Animoog and Model 15 is awesome. I'm hoping that more synth apps add MPE functionality.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@teleb said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Also, using the Seaboard Block with Animoog and Model 15 is awesome. I'm hoping that more synth apps add MPE functionality.

Agreed, both Animoog and Model 15 are cool with the Seaboard Block and with the Lightpad, too.
    More MPE apps would be cool. Full MPE support in Cubasis would be great

• @teleb said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@teleb said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Agreed, both Animoog and Model 15 are cool with the Seaboard Block and with the Lightpad, too.
    More MPE apps would be cool. Full MPE support in Cubasis would be great

Man, I'd love to see it in Zeeon. Imagine the modulation potential!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

Would love to know this too. Though it could be that Noise is their ‘GarageBand’ and that Equator is their ‘Logic’ which would mean that iOS wouldn’t be getting the real good stuff for quite a while.

• @realdavidai said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Would love to know this too. Though it could be that Noise is their ‘GarageBand’ and that Equator is their ‘Logic’ which would mean that iOS wouldn’t be getting the real good stuff for quite a while.

Unlikely that Noise is planned to become as powerfull as Equator. I asume we'll get some more features, though. In AU we can at least modify some essential parameters.
    I do hope that we can get all the new sounds in Equator, too. The SWAM sounds would be great to use in Logic. Little unlikely, probably, since this would be a direct competition for the big SWAM products.

• edited December 2017

@teleb said:

@realdavidai said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Unlikely that Noise is planned to become as powerfull as Equator. I asume we'll get some more features, though. In AU we can at least modify some essential parameters.
    I do hope that we can get all the new sounds in Equator, too. The SWAM sounds would be great to use in Logic. Little unlikely, probably, since this would be a direct competition for the big SWAM products.

It would be great to be able to transfer Equator presets to NOISE if you own the software. I don't know if there are technical differences in terms of the 'expression' possible in the two programs, but there are some NOISE presets available in Equator in the 'Blocks' presets.