Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Plex launches Plexamp - a Winamp-inspired standalone music player for macOS and Windows

Comments

• Vox player is nice winamp alternative for mac. Supports AU and has other advanced features as well. It was listed as a paid app at some point, but everytime i checked it was free.

• If it's using electron it's going to be a memory hog unfortunately.

MPD (the music player it's built on) is awesome though.

• If this came to IOS, it would be a rival for MusicStreamer, but still be playing catch-up.

As for the desktop, Winyl is free and fab. Took over from MediaMonkey for me.

vinylsoft.com/

• @ToMess said:
    Vox player is nice winamp alternative for mac. Supports AU and has other advanced features as well. It was listed as a paid app at some point, but everytime i checked it was free.

I used to like Vox but it the last few months I've had all sorts of issues including no sound. Most recently It's been freezing when playing back short wav files which is an absolute nightmare when auditioning samples. It might be an OSX thing though as Cog which I'm using now has a similar problem.

I'm definitely giving this a shot.

• This is cool. I hope it nicely supports streaming music from my Plex server.

• @supadom said:

@ToMess said:
    Vox player is nice winamp alternative for mac. Supports AU and has other advanced features as well. It was listed as a paid app at some point, but everytime i checked it was free.

I used to like Vox but it the last few months I've had all sorts of issues including no sound. Most recently It's been freezing when playing back short wav files which is an absolute nightmare when auditioning samples. It might be an OSX thing though as Cog which I'm using now has a similar problem.

I'm definitely giving this a shot.

Vox has a subscription model now where it restricts you from accessing settings unless you're signed in. Some of the older versions work fine though.