Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker3 on sale: what is it's USP?

Question to the experts...if you use AUM, audiobus, AP, Beathawk, (have tried Cubasis and Modstep but dont use) is there any point in getting BM3 while it is half price? Its like an 'MPC with Ableton' apparently

Comments

• Dunno what you mean with AP, but beathawk does a fraction of what bm3 does and no real reason to use beathawk imo, some still use it for the sound packs(which i dont think are were good). BM3 can replace audiobus and aum for some, but they still have their uses.

Bm3 is like a baby made by MPC who took tons of steroids and ableton.

imo bm3 is worth buying even at full price.

• I love Beatmaker 3 for its sequencing and sampling capabilities. The fact that you can use AU plugins inside of it as well makes it way better. I find it easier to create in it than any other iOS daw but that’s my opinion.

• I found quite a few of the soundpacks in Beathawk to be a bit gimmicky (though there are good instrument packs, tbf). Beside the sounds, BH seems like a less-featured version of BM3.

• edited November 2017

AP = Auria Pro?
    Try @AudioGus He is using BM3 a lot, I believe.

• @ToMess said:
    Dunno what you mean with AP, but beathawk does a fraction of what bm3 does and no real reason to use beathawk imo, some still use it for the sound packs(which i dont think are were good). BM3 can replace audiobus and aum for some, but they still have their uses.

Bm3 is like a baby made by MPC who took tons of steroids and ableton.

imo bm3 is worth buying even at full price.

Yes AP Auria Pro, thanks for the advice, I love using Ableton, and the idea of using it touch screen stylee is very tempting, can you just load up clip launchers into BM3 from Audioshare?
    Ive never been able to get Modstep to work smoothly with instrument plug ins, if BM3 can run AUv3 instruments consistently, that may be the clincher,
    Just feel a tad guilty buying apps I wont get time to learn or use properly

• The (good) thing about Beathawk is that you can put together actual songs in it easily. Depends what you want to do....

• I don’t like the sound beathawk gives off but you can use it inside of Beatmaker as a AU if you want

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I don’t like the sound beathawk gives off but you can use it inside of Beatmaker as a AU if you want

With midi out it also makes a pretty good iPhone sequencer.

• I've been reading through the BM3 manual looking for mention of freeze...
    Seems it's still missing?

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Still no Freeze track, Rec Arm button, Slice by transient, Arp, a few missing MIDI editing tools, transport cursor behavior, etc. In 3.0.6, they added a new MIDI IN Single/Multiple Channel routing system that does make it easier for sending MIDI to BM3, but it's still confusing, IMO. In a past update they added pre/post sends, but still no sub-groups for sub-mixing. Almost everything centers around the Pads interface, so you've got to think differently. I never was a huge MPC/Maschine fan, but BM3 is different than those.

But it's great since it combines elements from a traditional linear Audio/MIDI DAW, plus MPC/Maschine pattern-based sequencing with Scenes, clip launching/swapping, AU/IAA hosting, etc. But things are still limited, but it does combine a lot of functionality into one app. It's a lot more reliable these days too, for me at least. The devs are obviously working hard, though I'm not sure who is giving them suggestions. I question the decision to remove useful things such as the white dotted lines handlebars in the Piano Roll editor. I can barely edit data now.

Anyway, I still love it.

Yes, I'm also not a huge MPC fan, like the Beathawk soundpack variety, used as a plug in in AUM. Samplr is my favourite sampler, Gadget main MIDI DAW, and Auria Pro for audio

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The (good) thing about Beathawk is that you can put together actual songs in it easily. Depends what you want to do....

I'm not much of a songwriter as such, I like mixing improvised instrumentals using acoustic and electric instruments with virtual instruments, strings, horns etc synths and effects/ soundscapey stuff. The process and music making is enough for me, although it would be nice to 'finish' something one time

• Super open and flexible twisting any audio you record into it from the world or AU hosted into unrecognizable newness. Conventional arrange timeline so you can actually finish what you started. I used Ableton for about 14 years and now mostly use BM3 except for arrangement
    Absolute steal at sale price IMO

• Is it possible to import BeatHawk samples into Beatmaker 3?

• @kgmessier said:
    Is it possible to import BeatHawk samples into Beatmaker 3?

Not directly but you can 'sample' the BeatHawk AUv3 using the Plug-In sampler in BM3.

• @Samu said:

@kgmessier said:

Not directly but you can 'sample' the BeatHawk AUv3 using the Plug-In sampler in BM3.

Ah, I see. Is it possible to work around this using something like iFunBox?

• @kgmessier said:

@Samu said:

@kgmessier said:

Ah, I see. Is it possible to work around this using something like iFunBox?

No since BeatHawk doesn't use any open standard file-format for the samples & instruments.
    (It's some custom encrypted & compressed UVI format).

So 'sampling' BeatHawk is the fastest way to import the sounds or create patterns in BeatHawk, export them as audio and import to BM3 and chop em up...

I had hopes that BeatHawk would turn into a fully fledged sampler but it's for now a sample-player used to sell UVI content...

• edited November 2017

I grabbed BM3 during the sale after holding off since release due to negative comments regarding the MIDI OUT implementation not being great and reports of crashes.

The second sample I tried to import caused BM3 to crash, not yet got round to trying the MIDI (real life getting in the way atm)....

I am so far enjoying what I have done in BM3.....at first I wasn't overly impressed as everything I could do in there I could already do with either other apps or my hardware.

What BM3 HAS done for me is speed up the process of creating samples for use on Novation Circuit and Korg Electribe sampler, allowing me to easily audition samples in the context of a track, and try different pad layouts before committing to getting out the laptop and transferring the samples to the hardware.....for that alone it is worth the money ;)

The pretty much instant crash I got just served as a reminder that i should save frequently :)....BUT..it hasn't crashed since.