Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Black Friday Deals

Comments

• Isn’t that normal pricing?

• I've just update the prices and it take some time to update price over all stores.

@JudgeDredd said:
    Isn’t that normal pricing?

• @scarbo said:
    I've just update the prices and it take some time to update price over all stores.

@JudgeDredd said:
    Isn’t that normal pricing?

That is so AWESOME! This is one that I have been waiting on! Thank you and may you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

• Was waiting for Mood to go on sale....

• Fantastic. Have had my eye on apeFilter and apeDelay. Will wait for Doug’s links.
    Curious, however, as to the opinion on apeDelay vs Dedalus. Seemingly similar apps from “sister” companies...at this price do I just get them both?

• They're both doing very different things. apeDelay is sort of a pseudo delay that allows for some really interesting morphing of sound (it does stuff in the spectral domain if that means anything to you - rather than using conventional delay lines).

• ApeSoft
    Is
    The best

• What is the normal pricing for ApeFilter ?

• YES!!!! This was what I was waiting for. I just picked up apeFilter and Sparkle. Now I'm only missing Stria and iDensity, neither of which I have much use for. So psyched - thanks apeSoft!

• @dvlmusic said:
    YES!!!! This was what I was waiting for. I just picked up apeFilter and Sparkle. Now I'm only missing Stria and iDensity, neither of which I have much use for. So psyched - thanks apeSoft!

Watch your ears with Sparkle.

• edited November 2017

Apostasy warning:
    I can't stand don't get on with either Ape Delay or Ape Filter. I like subtle coloring that I can dial in myself. These apps destroy tend to overwhelm everything i put through them. This is surely a result of user error, but while I am midi neophyte, I do know my way around an effects rack. I tend to get nothing but brittle, whistley space noise. Now, there’s a lot of approving discussion here over apps that lead to “insanity,” but that’s just not my thing. Don’t @ me.

EDIT: Pulling back on some of my vehemence. I think it was a particularly spicy lunch of Southern Indian food that had me so riled.

• edited November 2017

Mood looks to me like 'just another synth', and I haven't been that impressed by the filters in other Apesoft apps (to me Zeeon is the gold standard for filters at the moment).

Could someone sell it to me please? What's it good at? CPU load? (with the rise in AuV3, becoming a major consideration)

• mood is in my top three synths for iOS: Zeeon, Model 15 and Mood.

Firstly, it's thick - the low end is very good with this synth, and that's one of the benchmarks I look for. The sound shaping possibilities are through the roof, mainly due to apeSoft's "lfo on everything" architecture. It's designed around a miniMoog, so the interface is immediately familiar to me and I can craft sounds in a hurry.

It's a subtractive, analog-style synth, so you know what you're getting into there. The AUv3 feature is great, and it's nice and loud.

You also get a bank of presets designed by ME! So yeah, there's that.

For me it's so worth it if you're on the fence, but trust me - I own WAY too many synths so I understand the dilemma. Hope this helps and doesn't muddy the waters more.

• It's also got a sampler module, which looks like it can do interesting things. If it was just another minimoog emulation I wouldn't be interested (I'm tired of those sounds) but the combination of the sampling and subtractive synthesis looks potentially very interesting.

• I would like to see videos of stria and ipulsaret - on Youtube almost all videos are about old version of this apps

• @richardyot said:
    It's also got a sampler module, which looks like it can do interesting things. If it was just another minimoog emulation I wouldn't be interested (I'm tired of those sounds) but the combination of the sampling and subtractive synthesis looks potentially very interesting.

The sampler is a very cool addition. I look at mood as the ultimate evolution of the miniMoog - it does everything the miniMoog does and then some:

Built in sample player
    Built in Ring Modulator
    Built in FM synth module (layer this with the other oscillators to get some great crossover sounds)
    Ribbon contoller

PLUS you get all the usual suspects:

AUv3
    lfos for EVERY PARAMETER (best reason to buy, frankly)
    Customizable keyboard scales
    On board delay, reverb and distortion

So yeah, I'm clearly an apeSoft fanboy. But I don't think you can go wrong here.

• My kvetching aside, iDensity has amazing potential. And this RedSkyLullaby video of Mood makes it seem fantastic.

• Got them all except sparkle. Anyone have it and like it?

• @Redo1 said:
    Got them all except sparkle. Anyone have it and like it?

Sparkle gives me what I want about 50% of the time. I do like it, but it doesn’t always react the way I expect it too with the material I give it. Don’t regret it at all, just isn’t always magic for me the way most their other apps are.

• edited November 2017

I didn’t really look at what title this thread has...

Cool sale.
    Now I’m gonna post it in the correct thread!

• Excuse me while I purchase all of them

• @pauly said:
    Mood looks to me like 'just another synth', and I haven't been that impressed by the filters in other Apesoft apps (to me Zeeon is the gold standard for filters at the moment).

Could someone sell it to me please? What's it good at? CPU load? (with the rise in AuV3, becoming a major consideration)

Mood is not just another synth. It has inspired me endlessly. it’s not a cpu hog on AUv3. I can’t recommend it enough. The badass sample player that you can load in is sweet. I don’t know what the sale price is but I’m sure it’s worth double to me and many others :) I hope u dig it

• @DrippyFaucet said:

@pauly said:

Mood is not just another synth. It has inspired me endlessly. it’s not a cpu hog on AUv3. I can’t recommend it enough. The badass sample player that you can load in is sweet. I don’t know what the sale price is but I’m sure it’s worth double to me and many others :) I hope u dig it

This 1000%

• edited November 2017

I’m on the fence about Mood since I have so many synths already including Zeeon and Model 15. Would it be considered a necessity alongside those?
    Also how is apefilter? Can it show you a visual analyzation of audio coming into the effect using it as an audio unit?

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’m on the fence about Mood since I have so many synths already including Zeeon and Model 15. Would it be considered a necessity alongside those?
    Also how is apefilter? Can it show you a visual analyzation of audio coming into the effect using it as an audio unit?

Re: mood - it is the vanilla filling to Model 15 and Zeeon's chocolate exterior. Have all three and your Oreo synth-wich is complete!

Seriously, though - read my posts above. Zeeon, Model 15 and mood are my top 3 soft synths of all time.

• @dvlmusic said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Re: mood - it is the vanilla filling to Model 15 and Zeeon's chocolate exterior. Have all three and your Oreo synth-wich is complete!

Seriously, though - read my posts above. Zeeon, Model 15 and mood are my top 3 soft synths of all time.

Super convincing statement. I’m really trying not to go broke buying all of these iOS apps lol

• I know I'm all over this thread, but I honestly believe that no matter what style of music you make or how many synths you already have, I'm POSITIVE there's something new in Mood for you.

• @dvlmusic said:
    I know I'm all over this thread, but I honestly believe that no matter what style of music you make or how many synths you already have, I'm POSITIVE there's something new in Mood for you.

I'm torn between zeeon and mood - same sale price. Honestly a bit put off by the look of the interface of mood. Much prefer zeeon. Leaning towards that - but something still intrigues me about mood. How's the sequencer in mood? It has a keyboard scale lock right? One thing I believe zeeon lacks which is one big thing for me - esp when using on iPhone - saves screen real estate. Mood better on CPU than zeeon? Guess I need to watch some more YouTube vids to help decide... anyone want to help convince me I'm all ears

• For me it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. You can't go wrong with either, honestly. If you can swing both, you'll have tons of fun.

I agree - Zeeon is much prettier to look at. Love to hear what you end up with.

• @dvlmusic said:
    I know I'm all over this thread, but I honestly believe that no matter what style of music you make or how many synths you already have, I'm POSITIVE there's something new in Mood for you.

I concur. Mood is really versatile and very delicious.