Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

11.1 out now!

Did they really fix the audio problems with the latest generation pro devices?
Anything else fixed or broken?

Comments

• They lead the announcement with "over 70 new emojis." I'm floored.

• @CracklePot said:
    They lead the announcement with "over 70 new emojis." I'm floored.

The raging discussion about the iOS hamburger emoji versus the Android hamburger emoji was quite entertaining though. Android has the cheese and the meat in completely wrong order. At least iOS gets it right :D

• @brambos said:

Android has the cheese and the meat in completely wrong order. At least iOS gets it right :D
    >

Ah, good to know they are spending time on important stuff like this, rather than scrapping iTunes and giving us a back up app to match iMazing.

• But doesn't In-n-Out burger put the cheese on the bun? I thought they did it that way, but maybe not. :)

• @CracklePot said:

Do the emojis crackle? o:)

• Wait wait wait...just so we’re all on the same page...it goes top bun > cheese > patty > bottom bun...right. If you guys think differently you’re crazy.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wait wait wait...just so we’re all on the same page...it goes top bun > cheese > patty > bottom bun...right. If you guys think differently you’re crazy.

That's correct. But apparently Google thinks the cheese goes below the meat. Madness.

• There's no mention of the audio fix at all under more info. I hope they really fixed it and didn't think it was worth mentioning. 70 new emojis, though, hallelujah, our prayers have been heard!

• I’m on 11.1 beta, is there a possibility for me to return to the main, non-beta iOS branch without resorting to a factory restore? Thanks!

• Google apparently don’t understand beer either.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Google apparently don’t understand beer either.

That's what you get when you only hire graphic designers who haven't reached drinking age yet :D

• in my 'barbie' world the cheese goes on the meat whilst it's on griddle... probably neither emoji has enough 'cheese ooze' to cut the mustard here!

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:

That's what you get when you only hire graphic designers who haven't reached drinking age yet :D

To be fair Apple didn't get it quite right either. If there was that much foam above the top of the glass there should be some below as well. I guess that's what Google's version is trying to do, although it looks like there's just air in between the beer and the foam.

• @theconnactic said:
    I’m on 11.1 beta, is there a possibility for me to return to the main, non-beta iOS branch without resorting to a factory restore? Thanks!

Beta 5 is the real deal (same as 11.1 stock)...
    Just delete your beta profile in settings and you will feel fine then...

• @CracklePot said:

Apparently we’ll soon forsake language as we know it. Big brother wants future generations to communicate uniquely via emojis.

• sooooo....... has anyone updated to it yet? Dont get me wrong, more emojis.....yay!!??? lol I gather its supposed to fix audio issues on the new Pros and what not, Im on an Air2....not sure if 11.1 will benefit me or start slowing down my Ipad.

• @Strizbiz said:
    not sure if 11.1 will benefit me or start slowing down my Ipad.

Incremental dot-updates rarely affect the performance of your device and tend to make the OS work better and safer. If you're already on 11 there are lots of arguments for doing the update and very few against. My 2c.

• @brambos said:

@Strizbiz said:
    not sure if 11.1 will benefit me or start slowing down my Ipad.

Incremental dot-updates rarely affect the performance of your device and tend to make the OS work better and safer. If you're already on 11 there are lots of arguments for doing the update and very few against. My 2c.

Im a little cautious these days, I had an Ipad 2 and that this became soooooo slow on 9.5.3, I know thats and old Ipad but its much slower than it was when I go it. So did you update to 11.1 yet?

• @CracklePot said:

Haha. Yep. THAT was the big thing everyone was worried about with 11.0. Definitely not the fact that brick phones and slows the technology down to the point where it makes my hardware seem 7-10 years older than it actually is.

• I updated but have not yet run anything as of yet. Will report later...

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:

But Google does understand file management and expandable storage, so pick yer poison I guess. :p

• I've updated both iPhone SE and my 10.5 Pro. Seem ok so far. Neither has blown up yet. ;)

• @supadom said:

@CracklePot said:

Apparently we’ll soon forsake language as we know it. Big brother wants future generations to communicate uniquely via emojis.

Might not be a bad thing.

• edited October 2017

Just installed 11.1 and immediately loaded AUM down with a gazzilion instruments and effects.. happy to report, absolutely no audio glitching when moving the mixers around as it did before update :). Definitely a happy camper today. (iPad Pro 2017)

• Seem snappier on iPhone 6+.

• I installed it and now everything I play is in key. Thumbs up to Steve Jobs! He's still got it.

• @ipadthai said:
    I installed it and now everything I play is in key. Thumbs up to Steve Jobs! He's still got it.

Yup - still dead. :|

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Hahahaha - i can’t get up off the floor after that one

Sometimes I miss the simple life of the 70s... with only Pong to worry about.

• @realdavidai said:

@supadom said:

@CracklePot said:

Might not be a bad thing.

At least for the guy that just had to pop up in my mind now lol