Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Strange behaviour with certain apps

edited January 2013 in Support and Feedback

First of all, I'll just say that I have tried deleting audiobus and other apps, reinstalling, resetting iPad, clearing apps from memory - and still get the same results.

I'm using an iPad 3, with iOS 5.1.1 and after testing a lot of apps I have realised that I get some strange behaviour with different combinations.

First of all, every app seems to work if the output is Loopy and there is nothing in the effect slot. The problem comes from other combinations, where one of the apps will go to sleep and is not useable. I first noticed this behaviour when I tried to use Echo Pad in the output, and I originally thought it was an Echo Pad problem, but it seems to be more than that. I will outline some of the combinations I have tried and the results:

1. I couldn't get any app to work with Echo Pad in the output - it keeps going back to sleep after launching it. If I start Echo Pad before opening Audiobus I can get some apps to work, such as Thumbjam, Korg apps, Animoog, and Sunriser.

2. Echo Pad will go to sleep in either the output or effect slot if I try to use it with Grain Science or PPG Wavegenerator. I can't get these two to work even by starting Echo Pad before Audiobus.

3. JamUp Pro will also go to sleep in the effect slot if I try to use it with Grain Science or PPG Wavegenerator. It seems to work ok with other apps.

I'll be interested to hear if any other people have seen similar behavour.

Comments

• Are you able to update to iOS 6.0.1 ?

• Yes you may have to update if you can. I can confirm that all combinations you reported involving grain science i have tested and used with no problems on iPad 3 ios 6.0.1 .. I don't have PPG but I imagine it'd be the same thing.

• Yeah, I guess it must be an iOS 5.1.1 problem. I'd rather not update at the moment because I'm testing my own app with 5.1.1. But I will have to eventually.

• Yeah, I hear you. It's either that or buy a 2nd iPad. I hope you get it sorted :-)

• iPad2 iOS 5.1.1 here, I could reproduce the described behaviours. However it seems to be very specific to Echo Pad.
    Worse I can't get any app to work with Echo Pad, in output or effect slot.

I couldn't test with PPG as I don't own it.