Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

To devs; roughly how many compatible apps...

...are currently in the approval stage? I have this fantasy that compatible apps are going to stast tumbling into the app store on a regular basis; an embarrassment of riches!

As it stands, I'm a little disheartened that the 88 day stretch between Apple approval and launch only yielded a dozen apps.

I need a sampling synth !!!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Right now there are about half a dozen waiting for review or close to being submitted to apple if what developers are telling me is correct. Another 20 or so are in development.

Thumbjam is waiting for review so you'll probably have your sampling synth soon.
  • Won't Sir Sampleton do the job ?
  • Well, I hear that Sir Sampleton won't allow you to import samples; only thru the mic.
  • Beatmaker 2 should be on board soon
  • Riggghhhttt. That's a biggie.
  • Soon I will be unstoppable....Mua-ha-ha!!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Here's a few fantasy apps:

•Figure
    •TNR-i
    •PolyChord
    •Wivi Band
    •iShred
  • ThumbJam with Audiobus support has already been approved and is available NOW.
  • Start bugging DM1 to integrate, and Alchemy and Grain Science. These are essential (Well... to me, anyway, and I'm sure I'm not the only one)! Take some time and start nagging the developers of every audio app you want to use with Audiobus!

• Yes. DM1 will be important but not unless the MIDI timing is tight. People complain that even copy paste the audio does not match the bars at the defined tempo. But, I do love DM1 for drumming ideas...

• Grain Science and Rhythm Studio need to support Audiobus!

I can't wait for Audulus and WaveGenerator to be approved!

• edited December 2012

Hereʻs my wishlist:

• Polychord
    • Samplewiz
    • Grain Science
    • Hokusai
    • NanoStudio
    • GrainBender
    • SynthX
    • Physynth
    • TC-11
    • SunVox
    • DM1
    • Mugician
    • I am Sampler
    • brother

It would be insane if these apps jumped on the Audiobus. Anyone know if any of the above have confirmed support coming?

• Got the word from Wooji-Juice, devs of Grain Science and Hokusai:

"Heya,

That's as much up to the Audiobus guys as anything. We registered our interest with them back in March, but haven't heard anything since, except the same press releases as you would've seen... without access to the SDK, we can't evaluate it or consider/work on adding it to our apps."

Hope the audiobus guys get back to them.

• DrumJam is live on the AppStore with Audiobus support
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drumjam/id530162824?mt=8

• It's up to us, folks. We need to make sure that devs (like Wooji-Juice, in the earlier post) know how much we want them to integrate Audiobus, and that THEY need to keep up the requests for the SDK. It's the "squeaky wheels that get oiled" first. DM1, by the way, hopes to be updating in January to include Audiobus, they tell me.

To bafonso: that's a shame that 'people' are having trouble with DM1, but I can say that I have NEVER had an issue with anything less than perfect alignment in other apps with their audio exports. I can't say anything about their MIDI because I haven't used DM1 for anything but composition and export, then import and assembly in multitrack apps.

• It looks DM1 needs to add a more comprehensive MIDI system, and it doesn't appear to support MIDI clock sync yet. I assume they'll put all this in before they hit the Audiobus....

• edited December 2012

I think you should run a poll system so the users can add and vote for their favourite apps to be brought up to audiobus date. Like the 100's we see on FB, at least here, its going be voted on by more serious users, that have signed up. Then, users and developer can see at a glance, what we want.

Vote from about 5 apps to unlimited.

• edited December 2012
    • +1 for passing over the SDK to Grain Science
  • Grain Science had the SDK from the beginning on.

• Must have got lost in the mail.

I want korg to get on the bus with ikaossilator.

• I take that back. Grain Science did NOT have the SDK from the beginning on. I mixed them up with another developer. Really sorry!

• yea we can only wish with korg. donʻt think they even jumped on Virtual MIDI.

• bs16-i would be awesome! As well as Molten and Arctic keys. And just give the SDK to Soundtrends, Korg and Wizdommusic.

• GrainScience +1
    BS16i +1

• Both Grain Science and the bs16i guys have the SDK.

• Does the dev of Samplr have the SDK? That app is brilliant

• He's busy with adding other (good) features. We offered.