Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes Cyclop gets an update

Bluetooth MIDI support
Multichannel sound card fix
Audiobus 3 support
Ableton Link update
Audiocopy update
AudioShare update

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cyclop-ipad-edition/id976074849?mt=8

Comments

• Yay! What a nice surprise.

• Troublemaker MIDI to Cyclops. Good lord.

• I shouldn't project but that's very good news.

• @gusgranite said:
    Troublemaker MIDI to Cyclops. Good lord.

Gonna have fun tonight!

• I'm late to the Cyclop parade, though I love sugar bytes stuff. What's the draw over other good bass generators?

• edited October 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm late to the Cyclop parade, though I love sugar bytes stuff. What's the draw over other good bass generators?

It’s a complete psychopath of a synthesizer.

Plus, if you tap the Cyclop logo you get to play a video game....so there’s that.

• ^ Im just getting started after owning it for about a year. Every update makes me get it out of its box again. The preset library is pretty wild. Then wheels controlled by wheels, lfos inside of lfos, sequencers inside of sequencers, effects chaining and weird dancing robots you can shoot while you take a breathe after getting lost, frustrated and confused! Does anything else have that? Oh, and it's a desktop hit and a fraction of the price. Noone here actually needs it but its quite a lot of fun and gets pretty dirty.

• Cyclop Is the shit

• @Richtowns said:
    ^ Im just getting started after owning it for about a year. Every update makes me get it out of its box again. The preset library is pretty wild. Then wheels controlled by wheels, lfos inside of lfos, sequencers inside of sequencers, effects chaining and weird dancing robots you can shoot while you take a breathe after getting lost, frustrated and confused! Does anything else have that? Oh, and it's a desktop hit and a fraction of the price. Noone here actually needs it but its quite a lot of fun and gets pretty dirty.

It’s even got a scaled down version of Effectrix built in. Definitely a wild card this one. But it’s got a definable soul, sound and character that makes it unique.

• It's a beast of a thing and will make the horses cry, must be kept locked away, but no self-respecting house of pain can carry on without ownership etc.

• I really wish this was an AU. Hopefully theyll update it when the full screen AU becomes the stadard.

I have it on desktop and thus far has been my favourite vst/app for super fat and dirty bass sounds.

• I love it, I can just get lost for hours in all the options, exploring different sounds.

Marketed as a bass synth, but capable of much more. I'm going to try the Troublemaker > Cyclop trigger suggestion later.

• edited October 2017

I can see steppolyarp getting nicely along with cyclop.

Blah maybe i should just get this despite not being au..

• @ToMess said:

It's a nice accompaniment to Egoist if you haven't got it.

• Has any one tried sending midi out from TroubleMaker yet, I tried but couldn’t get Cyclop to work, any ideas?

• edited October 2017

Love me some cyclop. Probably my top 3 ios synth purchase this month, out of dozens of greats. I’ve been really digging the sound design gig lately, and it’s one of the best non-modulars perfect for tweaking that I’ve tried.

Speaking of modulars, picked up iVCS3 today, which was a blast, can’t wait to learn it inside and out.
    and today I also stumbled upon a little modular playground that I haven’t coaxed anything musical out of yet, but I suppose it might have potential since it includes user imported wave manipulation/routing and lots of other sound gen/osc modules: very cheap, so not much risk:
    Rrarrow , for 2 bucks, & From the same dev, his $1 Phawuo synth which had some pretty decent grungy sounds and a fair bit of tweak possibilities. Nothing super special but not crap either imho.

• edited October 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Has any one tried sending midi out from TroubleMaker yet, I tried but couldn’t get Cyclop to work, any ideas?

I just tried, can't get it to work either - even after disabling Link.

Just checked Cyclop with Egoist - that's not working either, so looks like the update has broken MIDI in.

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Has any one tried sending midi out from TroubleMaker yet, I tried but couldn’t get Cyclop to work, any ideas?

Just checked Cyclop with Egoist - that's not working either, so looks like the update has broken MIDI in.

working for me in AB3 Egoist --> Cyclop
    not checked core midi though

• I wish they would port Obscurium and Factory, their two most interesting products IMHO.

• Works for me ab3 troublemaker into cyclop

• @lnikj said:
    I wish they would port Obscurium and Factory, their two most interesting products IMHO.

Or looperator!

• @Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

I usually run Cyclop straight from Egoist - always worked seamlessly before, but not getting picked up at all now.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

I usually run Cyclop straight from Egoist - always worked seamlessly before, but not getting picked up at all now.

Ah, something is definitely wrong then, I just set it up in AB3 with Ripplemaker and it worked great, in fact it sounds JOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE, but the same set up won’t work in AUM

• I want Egoist, but that £28.99 price is so ouch.

• edited October 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Ah, something is definitely wrong then, I just set it up in AB3 with Ripplemaker and it worked great, in fact it sounds JOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE, but the same set up won’t work in AUM

Update - weird, triggered Ripplemaker ok direct from Egoist, swapped to Cyclop and that's now working with Egoist. Seems to have needed a couple of attempts to 'wake it up', or something. Tried Troublemaker again but still not triggering Cyclop.

Hmmmm...maybe something to do with the order of apps being opened, or something...

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Heya Doug, I haven’t tried any of the Bram Bros apps yet, though thanks to your videos, they are among my top priority to-purchase que. I’ll post results if I can get midi routing into cyclop to work after I pick up TM.

P.s. I haven’t had a chance to thank you for the wonderful work you do; it was your channel that convinced me to get back into iOS music making a couple months ago, after not paying it any mind for years. I’ve learned so much watching your vids , discovering so many wonderful apps and useage tips. I really appreciate ya , and I’m sure the devs do too; after finding inspiration on your channel, I went on a music app buying spree totalling around the cost of my old air 2. Enjoying every minute of it , more than I ever did via desktop.

Cheers,

• @MonzoPro said:

@ToMess said:

It's a nice accompaniment to Egoist if you haven't got it.

I have egoist on ipad, but i didnt really get along with it and pretty much just instantly abandoned it

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I want Egoist, but that £28.99 price is so ouch.

I do love Egoist, particularily because of the ios/desktop parity but if/when BM3 gets the mythical transient detection on slices it would make the Egoist price tag even more of a deterant.

• @AudioGus said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    I want Egoist, but that £28.99 price is so ouch.

I do love Egoist, particularily because of the ios/desktop parity but if/when BM3 gets the mythical transient detection on slices it would make the Egoist price tag even more of a deterant.

Can’t remember what I paid as I bought it on release, probably a tenner.

I think where Egoist has the edge on BM3 (for this sort of stuff) is everything is accessible via a couple of tabs, and you’ve got the randomiser fun factor. Obviously BM3 does lots of other stuff, but Egoist is good at it’s own weird little thing.

Not sure I’d pay nearly thirty notes for it mind.