Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interesting new Geoshred Video

This is pretty cool. Combo of Jordan Rudess and various eastern musicians. Never seen this singing style before. The young lady is an up and coming prog bass player, whose got amazing chops.

But as far as this forum is concerned, the arrangement in includes a few people playing Geoshred, including Jordan. I don’t think there is any doubt that using Geoshred, the iPad can be classified as a complete musical instrument now, as in, something that you just play, rather than program, or use to capture, or route sounds. Pretty amazing stuff.

Comments

• That totally shreds!

• Yep. Just did my first track using GeoShred and I'm a believer. It does take some time to dig in to. Having experience playing lead guitar helps, but it's in some ways like learning a whole new instrument. Still, so much potential. Incredibly deep and expressive instrument. I've barely scratched the surface. Also moForte is a super cool company. I had a few suggestions and they incorporated them immediately and released an update within days! Simply outstanding customer support. The best!

• edited October 2017

For an expert pianist with lousy guitar technique (referring to myself of course... not rudess, jajaja) this is the best for guitar-like solos. Pretty awesome!

• That is Mohini Dey on bass

• Wow, everything about this video is great. @Lady_App_titude I'm looking forward to hearing what you've done with Geoshred.

• Totally amazing! Thanks @rickwaugh
    JR is awesome of course but the standout for me is that bass player. Such talent!

• edited October 2017

@TozBourne said:
    Wow, everything about this video is great. @Lady_App_titude I'm looking forward to hearing what you've done with Geoshred.

I think maybe you already have. But here it is. GeoShred comes in about 2:50. Took me a good couple of weeks of practice to get to the point where I could put together this solo.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Never seen this singing style before.

The singer is most likely a tabla player as well. In traditional Indian music, there is a vocal syllable associated with each of the types of strokes you can make on a given drum. As you learn the various strokes, you learn the associated syllable as well. This is way for the musicians to internalize the music.

This singer was "singing" tabla patterns. There are multiple demonstrations on YouTube of tabla players singing a part and then playing it immediately afterwards. Or doing both simultaneously... Look up Ustad Allah Rakha. He is a renowned master of the tabla who helped Ravi Shankar introduce traditional Indian classical music to the west. They played at both Monterey Pop and Woodstock.

• Thanks, @dvlmusic. I was thinking at the time that it sounded like tabla rhythms.

And yes, Mohini is da bomb. Pretty young to be able to play like she does.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@TozBourne said:
    Wow, everything about this video is great. @Lady_App_titude I'm looking forward to hearing what you've done with Geoshred.

I think maybe you already have. But here it is. GeoShred comes in about 2:50. Took me a good couple of weeks of practice to get to the point where I could put together this solo.

Excellent use of the freedom jazz dance melody!

• @rickwaugh said:
    Never seen this singing style before.

It's called konnakol, and involves singing or improvising a rhythmic solo. Check it out on youtube. If you want more, John McLaughlin has a dvd out on it and there are several good instruction books.

• Love that tune, @Lady_App_titude. Geoshred might turn me into a synth player after all. :D

• @rickwaugh said:
    Love that tune, @Lady_App_titude. Geoshred might turn me into a synth player after all. :D

Thanks so much!

• @mrufino1 said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@TozBourne said:

Excellent use of the freedom jazz dance melody!

Ha! Yes, it took me two days of practice to get that right. First I had to learn it on keyboard in the original key of Bb, then learn it all over again in Eb and on the GeoShred screen. It was tricky because that melody is based on 4th intervals, and the GeoShred "strings" are tuned in 4ths. Finally, the answer was to turn the iPad sideways (portrait) for that part!