Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 11.0.3 is out

2»

Comments

• All right I’m in... screen recording... woohoo!

• I'm still waiting with Air 1 and Mini 2.

I found a forum discussion elsewhere in which the responses ranged from "It's okay, other than a few pauses here and there" to "my iPad Air is now completely unusable."

Ah, the internet.

• I'm on an Air 2 and went to iOS11 early on. I figured I'd get the first few updates. 11.0.1 & 11.0.2 went down fine.

11.0.3 seems to have been my "pushing it" line. In Gadget & Cubasis I've had a few instances of static/distortion and the battery has definitely taken a shit, 6hrs where I used to get 10. I also think the charging facility is weird; I'll plug it in, it registers that it's charging, but a few hours later it's still at the same percentage although it's indicating it's charging...

I dunno. The dock, the Files app and several of the other upgrades are excellent...so I don't really regret updating to 11, it's just a matter of when do you, especially on a 2 year old device, stay put and stop pressing UPDATE.

• I dunno. The dock, the Files app and several of the other upgrades are excellent...so I don't really regret updating to 11, it's just a matter of when do you, especially on a 2 year old device, stay put and stop pressing UPDATE.

Yeah I’m wondering the same.

• I also updated my other ipad which is a Mini 2 with 32Gb and it seems fine too.

• edited October 2017

@JRSIV said:
    I'm on an Air 2 and went to iOS11 early on. I figured I'd get the first few updates. 11.0.1 & 11.0.2 went down fine.

11.0.3 seems to have been my "pushing it" line. In Gadget & Cubasis I've had a few instances of static/distortion and the battery has definitely taken a shit, 6hrs where I used to get 10. I also think the charging facility is weird; I'll plug it in, it registers that it's charging, but a few hours later it's still at the same percentage although it's indicating it's charging...

I dunno. The dock, the Files app and several of the other upgrades are excellent...so I don't really regret updating to 11, it's just a matter of when do you, especially on a 2 year old device, stay put and stop pressing UPDATE.

Good info there, thanks.

My Air 2 is still on 10x, still holding out until I hear more feedback on the impact on battery life and performance - but yours matches some of my iPhone issues - battery life has taken a serious hit since updating to 11, and takes longer to charge. Quite a number of performance glitches too. Not broken, but enough niggles to make me wish I hadn’t bothered.

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro every device will experience battery drain while is re-indexes itself and does whatever other stuff it needs to do after a new OS is installed. Maybe someone who knows more technical detail will correct me but as far as I know, battery drain immediately after updating OS is expected and temporary.

• edited October 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    @MonzoPro every device will experience battery drain while is re-indexes itself and does whatever other stuff it needs to do after a new OS is installed. Maybe someone who knows more technical detail will correct me but as far as I know, battery drain immediately after updating OS is expected and temporary.

This phone was updated when iOS 11 first came out. Battery drain was horrendous for the first few days - like watching a download status bar. It’s not as bad as that now, but it is definitely worse than before the update - and that’s even after disabling loads of stuff to make it more efficient.

I’ve lost 2% just writing this - that’s not good.

• edited October 2017

I wouldn’t notice either way, I annihilate my phone battery by lunchtime from playing with music apps regardless.

• @JRSIV said:
    I'm on an Air 2 and went to iOS11 early on. I figured I'd get the first few updates. 11.0.1 & 11.0.2 went down fine.

Try this :

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-calibrate-iphone-and-ipad-battery-life-for-maximum-performance-tutorial/

Worked for me last time i had this issue. Your ios device needs to learn the real actual battery level again. This mostly happens after a big update or when you charge your device a lot while you stil have 40/50% battery left.

• Guys for anyone on an Air 1 or whichever, i followed Brambos advice on his thread re battery optimization and not only did it work but my Air1 is running like a brand new iPad!!

Seriously, disabling all background refresh, anything Siri, disabling so much in Settings literally did the job!

But you must and I mean must go into restrictions and lock those settings so no new apps or updates will mess with the changes.

Wow I’m so blown away!
    I hit Auria, AB3, AUM, Zeeon, Ruismaker Stan’s alone, Quantum and get this Fabfilter timeless 2, Pro-MB running all at the same time!!! Zero hiccups or cpu spikes! Even when changing to other apps!!!

Gosh, this is a miracle!

• crackling in cubasis and gadget

• and bloc—damnit shouldnt have done this

• Just spent 12 hours waiting for it to finally get loaded on my iPhone 6S for some frickin’ reason. And I didn’t even want it - wee hours of the morning subterfuge!

• Are you on iPad or iPhone and what model?

@LeonLeroy said:
    crackling in cubasis and gadget

• Now that I disabled all the background stuff, location services, every single line or option checked up in settings and all tweaks as suggested by Brambos battery tips, my iPad Air 1 feels like it got new life. I really recommend taking the time to tweak the settings. An exact AB3 preset running Zeeon would crackle and pop and cpu spikes now it ran smooth as butter. I wish I could write down every single tweak I did, but IOS 11 enables so much stuff that it sucked the life out of my Air1. Well, I took the time to tweak it and bam! New life.

• Hey thanks for the tip @MM4C B) Apart from bluetooth turning itself on (which seems to be fixed in 11.0.3) I haven't really had any issues so far but I will probably run through those settings from Brambos anyway to make sure that everything is running optimally.

@LeonLeroy I'm not getting any crackles in Cubasis or Gadget here. What are you doing when you get the crackles so that I can try to reproduce? Also, might be worth following MM4C's advice re Brambos's tips in this thread ... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/21984/ios11-battery-survival-tips

• Say what you will but I still got the rotation bug a minute ago. This is way beyond ridiculous.

• I'm so used to it,i don't even notice it anymore! Lol!

• @Brain said:
    Just spent 12 hours waiting for it to finally get loaded on my iPhone 6S for some frickin’ reason. And I didn’t even want it - wee hours of the morning subterfuge!

I think it's a nightmare on the 6s. And I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any crippling problems like restarts with half-full battery or freeze-ups. It's just s-l-o-wwwww. Everything is slow. Swipes to a new page of apps should not lag behind your finger. Loading the camera should not take 5 seconds (especially when trying to snap one of a toddler in motion). It's maddening because it's not like it's a whole new graphics package with tons more going on under the hood. Some of the changes in iOS11 are cool, but they are incremental. My phone looks the same as it did on iOS10, but the lack of fluidity feels like going back 5 years in technology.

I do more music on my iPad Pro 12.9", but haven't upgraded that until they sort this out. I suspect it works better on that device, since it has as much processing power as any iDevice, but why risk bricking a perfectly functional iPad until I have to?

• @flo26 said:
    I'm so used to it,i don't even notice it anymore! Lol!

But will you notice it when it’s gone? ;)

• edited October 2017

I do miss my Ableton Link (over Wifi) syncing with Ableton Live, Maschine.... Thanks, ios 11.0.3

Seems like no one else has this issue...

Edit.... or, linking to my iPhone, Ipad pro, Imini... Sucks..

• Back button in safari sometimes doesn’t work.
    Opening links into new tabs is annoyingly delayed now.
    Posting this here won’t help anything.

• I’ve basica decided to use my Air1 as a music studio. So I disabled everything. Pictures, network everything I could turn off. I’m still able to connect online though. But it has helped a lot.