Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Immortal (Evanescence cover)

Here is a version of one of my favourite songs: My Immortal by Evanescence. I cannot claim the piano track as it was a midi file by an unknown player but I gave it a real piano sound (iGrand) and added some extra strings (Cubasis), the guitars (my Strat through Biax FX and Amplitube), bass (through Jamup Pro)and drums (Cubasis). My friend, Marie Piekarski sings it so beautifully!

Comments

• One of my all time favourite albums and songs from it. You did a great job and congrats to Marie for capturing the vocal nicely. B)

• edited October 2017

sorry to disagree almost completely o:)
    She shurely has a great voice, but it's not only drowned in reverb, but also in the wrong one.
    The vocals don't need that high eq emphasis at all and the final drums/guitar part is squeezed to trash.
    There's some mismatch between the midi notes and the decay of the piano VST you used (a common midi effect if used with a different instrument from the original recording)

Never mind - you have to start somewhere and then you grow by experience - and at keast you did start. Favorite rule of thumb: less is more.
    I'm far from discrediting your work in any way, but polite applause wouldn't help either.

• edited October 2017

Thanks for your honest critique @Telefunky
    I just uploaded a different mix - with less reverb (and a different reverb) on the vocals, muted some of the extra and probably unneeded piano tracks and removed the compressor from the guitars and adjusted the levels generally.
    Would be interested to hear if you think it sounds better!