Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What I Love Bout Xequence-Midi Sequencer App

Simplicity.

Seriously, finally had a chance to play it on the iPad and I realized how beautiful the simple UI is.

All I did was enter melodic patterns into the keyboard laying notes after notes.

No distractions, period.
So beautiful!
And it works flawlessly on IOS latest.
Thanks @SevenSystems for such a great sequencing app!

Truly can’t wait for all the goodies in store.

Comments

• Crazy. Didn't think I needed this app... caved and bought it on the strength of the developers involvement here and now it's all I want to use. Really really well done.

• Interesting... I was holding back mostly because it sounded like some were having problems or there was a steep learning curve, but it's sounding like it might at least be worth ponying up for the demo 4-track version to see for myself.

• Yeah that’s exactly what I thought as well. But you know me, midiot all in one and the little that I know just made enough sense to use this app. Just today I had a basic loop I had made with miniSynth and played it in AUM. So fired up Xequence and just pressed record and let it run forever! Just added notes and stuff on a single track which was driving iSEM in AUM. Pure joy!
    Since I had previously created a template in AUM with Reverb and Delay sends, I didn’t have to worry about setting it up again. Just added the loop and iSEM and went to Xequence and pressed record.

I guess I’ve been noodling with so much effects. Synths, DAWS, that my creative juices were all dried up.

So it was so refreshing to just fire up Xequence and not worry about anything, no effects, no this or that, just play and record.

So awesome!

• edited October 2017

@MusicMan4Christ
    That is exactly what I'm after. I have so many great little scenes that I whip up in AUM -- but I really wish I had a record of the midi (mostly because as an improvising keyboardist, uh, I'm a pretty good bassist, if you know what I mean, and my synth lines could use some editing).

Can you talk me through your setup in excruciating detail? I'll buy this app tonight.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @MusicMan4Christ
    That is exactly what I'm after. I have so many great little scenes that I whip up in AUM -- but I really wish I had a record of the midi (mostly because as an improvising keyboardist, uh, I'm a pretty good bassist, if you know what I mean, and my synth lines could use some editing).

Can you talk me through your setup in excruciating detail? I'll buy this app tonight.

Good. Once he's done you can hold seminars for those at the back and slow.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @MusicMan4Christ

Or somebody could post a video? There are thousands of videos that show a guy opening a box his new game console came in. And a Xequence run-through people are actually ASKING for!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @MusicMan4Christ

Or somebody could post a video? There are thousands of videos that show a guy opening a box his new game console came in. And a Xequence run-through people are actually ASKING for!

People! Both of us! Begging!

• Are there any videos at all? A YT search returned nothing...

• Hear hear!
    Video videos videos videos videos videos

• Money where my mouth is:
    Already a soundtestroom patreon. But @gmslayton @jakoB_haQ @RedSkyLullaby -- whoever does a Xequence video, I will sign right up!

• I’ll be posting my Reverb send and chorus send AUM preset for others to use. It’s pretty simple really but amazing how awesome it is to just load up a preset and add you Synths and bam! Ready to record or play.

I wish I had time to do a proper deserving video but time is tight. This app along with Navichord latest song mode are going to open up creative avenues like never before!

• I love it but just wish it worked with Chordmaps2. I stated my problem, also repeatable with @MusicMan4Christ , but the Dev hasn't acknowledged it. I have to assume he read the posts since he was active in the thread.

• Guys,

many many thanks for all the great feedback, it's been a very rewarding experience since launching the app and we're trying to read every single post, but @Blipsford_Baubie, we might miss one or the other. I'll try to test with Chordmaps2.

Regarding the video: we would love to do one, but as you probably guessed, we're a very small shop and have to prioritize a bit. Currently, getting the first Update ready with Audiobus support and significantly improved performance is on top of our list.

Anyway, I'm delighted that Xequence is so useful to many musicians and you can bet I'll be doing my damndest to keep it in shape!

• edited October 2017

@SevenSystems said:
    Guys,

many many thanks for all the great feedback, it's been a very rewarding experience since launching the app and we're trying to read every single post, but @Blipsford_Baubie, we might miss one or the other. I'll try to test with Chordmaps2.

Regarding the video: we would love to do one, but as you probably guessed, we're a very small shop and have to prioritize a bit. Currently, getting the first Update ready with Audiobus support and significantly improved performance is on top of our list.

Anyway, I'm delighted that Xequence is so useful to many musicians and you can bet I'll be doing my damndest to keep it in shape!

TOTALLY understood. Nothing would be more damaging than to have an official video that is weak. It's just that there are so many talented types here with strong visual acumen....

• @SevenSystems
    Thank you kind sir. In particular, Xequencer isn't recording all of the chord notes. Only one note gets recorded.

Ipad mini2 with retina
    Ios 10.3.3

*I meant to say my problem was stated in the other thread, sorry.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @SevenSystems
    Thank you kind sir. In particular, Xequencer isn't recording all of the chord notes. Only one note gets recorded.

Many thanks again for your report. This is a bug in Xequence and has just been fixed, fix will be in the next update!

• Now that learned IOS screen recording I’ll try to make a video soon :D
    But how does one record the Audio?

• edited October 2017

Heres a video I just made that shows the very basics on how to sequence a synth on the iPhone . I just learned how to make ios videos so it pretty crappy and very short .

• That was really good bro! Thanks!

Hey was that the Addictive Synth on the ipad? Or the iphone? I was thinking of getting it but wasn’t sure if it had the built in ARP.

Also, how did you record the audio?

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    Heres a video I just made that shows the very basics on how to sequence a synth on the iPhone . I just learned how to make ios videos so it pretty crappy and very short .

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    That was really good bro! Thanks!

Hey was that the Addictive Synth on the ipad? Or the iphone? I was thinking of getting it but wasn’t sure if it had the built in ARP.

Also, how did you record the audio?

@hacked_to_pieces said:

It was addictive iPhone version and yes it has a built in arp. To record audio in the Quicktime player press the little drop down arrow under the record button and select iPhone microphone. I don't think you will hear any audio until you play the movie though. Also this way will only record sound from the app not sure how to do voice over like the pro tutorials others post on here.

• @SevenSystems :smile: I have this app but have not gotten into it as of yet.. I think this was discussed somewhere earlier but it does not do odd meters, correct?
    Also we all appreciate your participation here, as well as @hacked_to_pieces video .. And I get that you’re a small team with limited resources. However to me , a big selling point of any product are video tutorials . I’m expecting Doug of soundtestroom to do one I hope , anyway.. But when you’ve got some of the niggles ironed out, a series of videos would be greatly appreciated .. Soeaking for myself I prefer detail to high production quality . Just my 2c.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I think this was discussed somewhere earlier but it does not do odd meters, correct?

You can in theory use any time signature, like 4/4, 3/4, 5/8 etc. -- not all possible time signatures have been thoroughly tested so if you find an issue, let us know.

However, you can only use the same time signature (and tempo) throughout the song.

But when you’ve got some of the niggles ironed out, a series of videos would be greatly appreciated ..

Yes, I hear you... will see if we can possibly "outsource" that.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

Thanks, hacked. That's a handsome UI. Are you controlling the modulation via Xequence?

• @SevenSystems : All good except SO many of us might want to occasionally wanna throw in that odd bar of 3 in 4/4 time.
    Perhaps is enough people request it or maybe I can just create a one bar song of 3/4 a d append? I dunno.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

Thanks, hacked. That's a handsome UI. Are you controlling the modulation via Sequence?

Not in that video but here how to set it up in Animoog.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @SevenSystems : All good except SO many of us might want to occasionally wanna throw in that odd bar of 3 in 4/4 time.

I understand :smile: the problem is that for tempo or time signature changes to be possible, large parts of Xequence would have to be rewritten, its basic "architecture" is not really well suited for this. It was a decision that was made early in the development process and difficult to revert.

Sorry about that :/

• I’m mostly using 4/4 too. I’m really waiting for AB3, Link and Multi record in. I’d like to really record multiple midi tracks simultaneously via their separate midi channels. Especially when I’m using Guitarism as it output multiple midi channels at once.

• @MusicMan4Christ Talk me through this.

How would you set this up in AUM using Xequence?
    Let's say you've got a beat going in Patterning (Channel 1). There's a arpeggio in Model 15 (Channel 2). A drone in Nave, say (Channel 3). And then in Zeeon (Channel 4), you're playing a melody.

What I usually end up with when I do this is five stems (one for each channel and a master receiving a mix of all four instruments). But my Zeeon riffing is hit or miss. There are a few timing errors, some false starts. How do you use Xequence to record the midi that I can edit later? And then, I guess, send with the audio stems to Auria or Cubasis?