Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Transferring Projects Between Phone and iPad (Gadget, Groovebox, etc.)

I've got a couple of neat little sketches in my phone in Gadget and Groovebox. You'd think that sharing the projects between the apps on the phone and the iPad would be super simple. And maybe it is, but I haven't quite figured it out. There doesn't seem to be an option that says SEND TO GADGET ON YOUR IPAD or OPEN THIS EXACT LOOP IN GROOVEBOX ON A SCREEN WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY EDIT THE MIDI.

I did manage to send the stems from Groovebox to AudioShare on my iPad and open it in Auria.

Comments

• Gadget has cloud support for projects, although quite flaky it seems. Groovebox I imagine is very restrictive.

BM3 is awesome for this sort of thing. Best file structure on iOS in my ho.

• @AudioGus said:
    Gadget has cloud support for projects, although quite flaky it seems. Groovebox I imagine is very restrictive.

But I'm not trying to leave Groovebox. Just open the same file in another copy of Groovebox on a different device.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:
    Gadget has cloud support for projects, although quite flaky it seems. Groovebox I imagine is very restrictive.

But I'm not trying to leave Groovebox. Just open the same file in another copy of Groovebox on a different device.

Don't think this is possible at the moment.

• My thing with the current generation Novation apps are if it doesn't do it now then don't expect or hope to ever be able to do it. :neutral: So different than the philosophy that seems to be behind their Circuit evolution.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

Don't think this is possible at the moment.

What about Gadget? Can't you send Gadget pieces from your iPad to your desktop Gadget on the Mac?

• edited October 2017

iTunes Or equivalent ?

Though in an ideal world you should just be able to save to the cloud.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    iTunes Or equivalent ?

Ah, right. Forgot about iTunes. That makes sense.

But so does the part where you just hit a button and there it is on your iPad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    iTunes Or equivalent ?

Ah, right. Forgot about iTunes. That makes sense.

But so does the part where you just hit a button and there it is on your iPad.

All praise Patterning / Airdrop.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Yep. Music apps have been very slow to implement cloud syncing. Auxy nailed it recently though.