Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Picking up my harmonica again - any effects suggestions?

I found my old Green bullet Shure mic used for my harmonicas in the drawer. It was a long time ago since I played it and I have never ever recorded myself. Now when I´m using the iPad for recording i thought it would be nice to try to do something with that harmonica and the sound from it. Do you guys have any suggestions on what kind of effect I should use to get a good sound, delay, reverb, chorus or what?...

Comments

• There's an old Rocktron stomp box called the Short Timer if you can find them. Good for short analog delays and sounds good with harmonica.

• A little touch of overdrive often sounds good applied to a harp.

• edited October 2017

@Martygras said:
    There's an old Rocktron stomp box called the Short Timer if you can find them. Good for short analog delays and sounds good with harmonica.

I was thinking more of something more software, it´s hard to squeeze that stompbox into the iPad ;)

@JeffChasteen said:
    A little touch of overdrive often sounds good applied to a harp.

I´ll try that. And the best overdrive is? Built-in in a DAW or some AU unit?

• @marcuspresident said:

@Martygras said:
    There's an old Rocktron stomp box called the Short Timer if you can find them. Good for short analog delays and sounds good with harmonica.

I was thinking more of something more software, it´s hard to squeeze that stompbox into the iPad ;)

@JeffChasteen said:

I like Blamsoft's DC-9 for this. Maybe because I always used a TubeScreamer stompbox for "real world" harp recording?

• Replicant would be pretty cool. Maybe Fuzz Plus. Moebius Lab. I’m thinking things that might give you some less traditional options.

• Since you already have a good Monica mic for that great radio like sound just get any decent Guitar amp sim (ToneStack, Bias, Amplitube) and get tweaking.

Have fun!

• Tonebridge and Dubfilter are both free and lots of fun.

• edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I usually like the mute button for harmonica, I feel that gets the best sound for the song... ;)

IM KIDDING! No offense meant. I used to play with a guy that really made it sing. I also used to play with others who...didn’t... :)

• While on the subject, Ive always wondered how Captain Beefheart got his harp to sound the way it does. Can someone enlighten me. Plastic factory is a good example.

It sure is a nice sound.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ooo! Thanks

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @marcuspresident said:

@Martygras said:

@JeffChasteen said:

The green bullet reacts a certain way with an amp's preamp in a way that it will not when put through an audio interface. You might not get the push you wanted into the iPad.

• edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Richtowns said:
    While on the subject, Ive always wondered how Captain Beefheart got his harp to sound the way it does. Can someone enlighten me. Plastic factory is a good example.

It sure is a nice sound.

Sounds like a Fender tube amp with the effects turned up.

• @supadom said:
    Since you already have a good Monica mic for that great radio like sound just get any decent Guitar amp sim (ToneStack, Bias, Amplitube) and get tweaking.

Have fun!

^^^^
    This.

• Thank you everyone! I'll try a number of your suggestions.