Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Short album: Tobias and Jube and the Something Hat Mystery: The Euphonious Companion

That's a long title and it contains the words 'mystery' and 'euphonious' but IT'S NOT PROG, I PROMISE IT'S NOT PROG

Bandcamp:

https://patrickalexander.bandcamp.com/album/tobias-and-jube-and-the-something-hat-mystery-the-euphonious-companion

Soundcloud:

Hello! I've been lurking here for a few months while teaching myself to make music on my ipad pro. Now that the album's done, I feel like it might be safe to finally register and start posting.

The album exists to promote my new all-ages comic, but it turned into a major project by itself, OF COURSE. Anyway I already typed up a fancy blurb for bandcamp, so I'll copy that here:

All the world is turning exuberant, Annie (1982)-style somersaults at 'Tobias and Jube and the Something Hat Mystery', the ALL-NEW, ALL-AGES, ALL-COLOUR, ALL-NONSENSE comic caper by Patrick Alexander (available via stela.com). "Wow," the world says breathlessly at last. "Gosh."

And now... it's songs!

GALLOP UPON YOUR VERY EARS through a landscape of wonder and chuckles. Breathe airborne cartoon musical notes in through your actual nose holes. Scrub your filthy skin off in the clear, logorrheic brooks that twist through the forest beyond the horizon, where rainbows grow! Sit upon a mushroom and drink tea with the pixies. Now you are paralysed. The tea was poisoned. You will be a prisoner of the pixies forever, until the world you knew is long dead; dead with the sun and planets. You fool. You fool.

I don't know what genre any of these songs are.

It was made 100% on my ipad except for the mastering which a mate kindly volunteered to do. The vocals were recorded — and this was a learning process, my goodness — with a blue yeti mic, either in my kitchen or in a solo karaoke booth in downtown Ikebukuro. Probably a lot of posters here will be able to identify specific apps and presets I used. I used a lot. I spent a lot on apps. It was fun.

It's also on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, etc. etc. and you can even Shazam it, but you can listen to it on bandcamp as many times as you like without being forced to buy it. (Try shazamming it while doing so, though — just for fun! I get a kick out of it.)

So, again: HELLO, it's nice to be here. Also, the typical but very genuine new-poster shoutouts to: Music App Blog, discchord, and Doug Woods and Yyyyyakobhaq on youtube. Very helpful, very valuable, and pleasant reading/company over many, many breakfasts at my computer desk. Thank you, if you're reading!

[NB: I actually posted this a couple of days ago, but then edited it a couple of times in an attempt to get the Bandcamp player to embed properly, and in the process the post somehow disappeared. I apologise if it mysteriously reappears later on, making this post retroactively a double.]