Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roli Noise app goes AU

You can now use your Roli Noise app sounds in GarageBand Cubasis etc. Which is pretty cool actually

Comments

• Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

• ooo that’s cool

• Updated Lightpad Block as well.

• edited September 2017

Yeah but who can afford 4 of those at £170 each!

Actually those are new and £190each....

• Wow this is such fabulous news

• pretty cool, but i wish the full noise app would work through audiobus. that way it could take advantage of touch pressure and slide xy motions.

• The old app called now Seaboard5D is a million times better. I want that as AU. It even tops Alchemy by a country mile for really breathing sounds.
    Roli gone the same way as Apple for me....starts very pro and ended into consumer world. :s

• I bought a touchpad and two control blocks earlier this year. It took about 2 days to sort them out, but I now use them all of the time with Noise on iOS. They are also fantastic with Roli's Equator app in Ableton....once you get them set up.

• Drum kits don’t show up in the AU though...quite the bummer

• @realdavidai said:
    Drum kits don’t show up in the AU though...quite the bummer

Yeah, just tried it in BM3 and it's a totally different app than Noise!?!?

• I am so happy I wasted $70 on those IAP!

I love this app.

I am more and more turning to apps like Roli for the unique sounds of such quality.

For instance, the AUXY pianos, amazing.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can’t even begin to see how amazing this app is unless you get the seaboard Block. Nothing comes close to playing with that. The AU lets you use the RISE controls with the Seaboard, effectively making it the Seaboard app. The new sound packs with the acoustic modeled instruments, violins, saxes etc. are absolutely incredible when played on a Seaboard.

• edited September 2017

@locosynth said:
    You can’t even begin to see how amazing this app is unless you get the seaboard Block. Nothing comes close to playing with that. The AU lets you use the RISE controls with the Seaboard, effectively making it the Seaboard app. The new sound packs with the acoustic modeled instruments, violins, saxes etc. are absolutely incredible when played on a Seaboard.

Agreed.

As awesome as they are on the seaboard, you can finally send midi to noise through Aum.

While all of the sounds were meant to be played, some of them were meant to be sequenced. Throw fugue machine at the sounds. Super fun.

• This is so cool. Noise plugin also supports the pitch bend with the GarageBand Touch screen. So even without a Roli Block it can do a lot.

• I tried to use the Roli Block with the AU version and GarageBand.
    No success, though :-(

• @teleb said:
    I tried to use the Roli Block with the AU version and GarageBand.

Did you remember to turn on Bluetooth midi in the app and MPPe (or whatever it's called) in GarageBand in the settings app.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

Did you remember to turn on Bluetooth midi in the app and MPPe (or whatever it's called) in GarageBand in the settings app.

Well, I should have been more precise. MPE support is turned on and I can connect.
    But so far all I can get on the block is a 4x4 grid. I see no way to change that to a scale.
    We'd need the same type of setup as we got it in the normal noise app to chose scales and octave up/down.
    I assume this is gonna happen in a future update of noise.
    Anyone here getting a better job done than me with it?

• Are settings from Noise not carried over to other apps?

• @teleb said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

Well, I should have been more precise. MPE support is turned on and I can connect.
    But so far all I can get on the block is a 4x4 grid. I see no way to change that to a scale.
    We'd need the same type of setup as we got it in the normal noise app to chose scales and octave up/down.

If you press the button on the block that isn't the power button it will cycle round till it gets to keyboard setting.
    Not found anyway to select custom scales on the bloc though.

• @nrgb said:
    Are settings from Noise not carried over to other apps?

I tried that. But when the block is working with noise it will not at the same time work with GB, even though it shows as connected in GB.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

If you press the button on the block that isn't the power button it will cycle round till it gets to keyboard setting.

Does that cycling work with your setup? This button doesn't do anything over here, when the block is connected to GarageBand.

• @teleb said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@teleb said:

Does that cycling work with your setup? This button doesn't do anything over here, when the block is connected to GarageBand.

It did when I tried it yesterday air2 on iOS 10. Last one

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Looks like Roli woke up.
    Welcome in the land of useful tools.
    Time to buy a seaboard blocks now.
    I have weird ideas about what to do with the slide thing.

I am pretty sure, they are planning much more. Just takes time.
    I bet that sooner or later you can get all the Noise sound packs for Equator. Which would be cool, cause you can start on the iPad or iPhone and complete a tune on a desktop system.
    I've been thinking and thinking about a Seaboard Block. But the Seaboard Rise has more controllers and you get full Equator plus more stuff. Hmmmmmm.

• @nrgb said:
    Updated Lightpad Block as well.

Hopefully with a better touch experience. I would love to see that it responds nicely to a very gentle strike.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is a nice move by Roli, and generous given the quality of sounds that are available for free. I’ve been eyeing off their new little keyboard and this has pushed me off the fence. I’m just going to wait until I get a 20% off eBay voucher. Does anybody have experience using the Live, Loop and Touch blocks with Seaboard Block? Is it worth getting all 3?

• @Max23 said:

@teleb said:

@nrgb said:
    Updated Lightpad Block as well.

Hopefully with a better touch experience. I would love to see that it responds nicely to a very gentle strike.

I ve heard bad things about the „old“ blocks

Well, that statement is a little too simple, I'd say.
    All in all, it's a cool device. But in my eyes, the responsiveness is not what I was hoping for.
    I am playing most of my stuff on the touchscreen keyboards of the iPad. Just a soft strike and then - there's the sound. I like that much better than pushing the Roli Block. So it doesn't do very much for me. But this may differ from person to person.
    You just gotta try it and feel it yourself to see if it appeals to you.

Tele

• The user and all related content has been deleted.