Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro update

2»

Comments

• Fav synth for me. I've had few AU crashes tho.
    And loads of lovely sounds too..

• It’s really bizarre all these problems exist for me. I’m learning that iPad Pros are not created equally. It seems that 2017 Pros might have problems, and I have no idea what my recourse is.
    I suppose it’s Apples problem, but I have no idea where to begin to solve the issue.

• yeah, lots of AU crashing for me as well in AUM. I'm sending program changes from a sequencer and the Au doesn't update. Crashes sometimes when I try to adjust a patch after sending PC messages. Same thing with Poseidon :(

• Dear @VirSyn , I have sent you an email about this last week, but have not received a response yet. When I run Addictive Pro as an AU, I cannot access the settings to apply Midi mapping. I am running it on the latest Ipad Pro.

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

@Bobbejaan said:
    Dear @VirSyn , I have sent you an email about this last week, but have not received a response yet. When I run Addictive Pro as an AU, I cannot access the settings to apply Midi mapping. I am running it on the latest Ipad Pro.

Why not map the midi to the AU parameters instead?

• @wim, Thank you for your response. Forgive me for being stupid, but I am not sure what you are saying. I am trying to record automation of some parameters in Cubasis. With Tera Pro I can setup the midi mapping using the settings in Tera Pro,when it is loaded as an AU in Cubasis. However, in Addictive Pro the settings icon is not available,when it is loaded as an AU in Cubasis. When you run it in standalone mode, the settings icon is availableand there is an option to do midi mapping (the same as Tera Pro).
    @Wim, can you please explain with a bit more detail how I would be able to do it in Cubasis 3? Thank you in advance.

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

Sure, I’ll try to explain later today after I have a chance to walk through the process and to verify that it works. AU, unless someone else steps in first.

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

@Bobbejaan said:
    @wim, Thank you for your response. Forgive me for being stupid, but I am not sure what you are saying. I am trying to record automation of some parameters in Cubasis. With Tera Pro I can setup the midi mapping using the settings in Tera Pro,when it is loaded as an AU in Cubasis. However, in Addictive Pro the settings icon is not available,when it is loaded as an AU in Cubasis. When you run it in standalone mode, the settings icon is availableand there is an option to do midi mapping (the same as Tera Pro).
    @Wim, can you please explain with a bit more detail how I would be able to do it in Cubasis 3? Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the slow response - not feeling too well today - possibly Covid, but hopefully something else.

AUv3 apps expose their controls to the host they're running as "AUv3 parameters". This is a different way of controlling the plugins. Rather than sending midi directly to a plugin, you send it to the host, and the host takes care of the automation.

Unfortunately, my assumption that Cubasis could map a midi controller to these parameters as you can in AUM and most other hosts, was wrong.

As far as I know, the only way to control AUv3 plugins from a midi controller is if they provide midi learn in the plugin. Only some apps provide midi learn in the AU plugin. Unfortunately Addictive Pro doesn't seem to be one of them.

Most other hosts could do this but I think you're out of luck with Cubasis. I could be wrong as I don't use Cubasis a lot though.