Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another one....dark harmonics...

edited September 2017 in Creations

Sorry, again i spam you folk with another track but i´m in a mood. It´s played in a harmonic-dorian tuning (exported from Alchemy synth 1.55) and i hope to achieve a bit of a sinister feeling here >:) Or maybe dark chill B)
A reason i really hope more iOS tools get .tun file import. I love to experiment with some different tunings.

Comments

• Which apps do you use to make music in non-ET tunings?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Which apps do you use to make music in non-ET tunings?

Not much sadly...this one was mainly non-iOS, so it was maybe wrong to post it here, sorry.
    But a while ago i asked here for iOS apps which are tunable. Sadly there isn´t really much. IOS world is still in ET-tuning mostly.
    There are synths like Shoom which offer microtonal scales etc. but beside Sunrizer for iPad there is no app i´m aware of which let me import .tun files which is the most easy way to play different instruments together in any scale/tuning.
    I hoped Zeeon would offer this too since Beepstreet offers it for Sunrizer (strange for the iOS version only). There are certain "moods" or "visual pictures" which are nearly impossible to achieve with any ET-tuning.
    Not sure if this kind of tuning is hard to include in an instrument/synth or if there is just no interest at all.
    These days it´s an important feature for me, especially for cinematic sounds/soundscapes/drones stuff.
    Of course if not all your instruments are in the same tuning it will sound just weird.
    So my feature request Nr.1 for all coming iOS music apps (and desktop plug-ins) is .tun file import. :)

• There are ios apps that will work with alternate tunings, even if they don't accept tun files. For example, Thumbjam will accept scala files. Geoshred will permit hand progamming of alternate tunings.

• @GeloGagy said:
    Do you create this music?
    How?

The only iOS app involved was Mitosynth which i used for textures here. I like to use iOS apps as sound source (and vice versa) to mangle them further inside Logic and some other plug-ins.
    I just wish iOS apps would be more experimental in this case.
    Otherwise the keys are Keyscape and the synths are Zebra and ACE which are all can import the same .tun files to play along together in any scale/tuning you would want/need.
    Of course a lot FX is involved here too.

• edited September 2017

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    There are ios apps that will work with alternate tunings, even if they don't accept tun files. For example, Thumbjam will accept scala files. Geoshred will permit hand progamming of alternate tunings.

I know but that´s not quite the same. It´s hard to let iOS apps to play together this way.
    A .tun file f.e. can have different scales per octave if you want. Each midi key gets a special frequency.
    Of course you could do this with apps which let you tune each midi key via microtuning.
    Maybe there is something i´m not aware of. But then you need that for all your instruments in your track.
    I tryed some tuning and use ThumbJam as midi controller but that doesn´t work really like i want.

• Dark/chill, that’s for sure. Nicely done. I’m actually able to get around the non tonal tuning, which I struggle with at times. I also tend to like more structure, but this appeals. Great mix and flow there, everything sits very nicely in the mix, and I love the way it morphs through the sounds.

• interesting.
    possibly isymphonic for tunings.?? get yer strings there too

• I wish Alchemy inside GB would have it.
    Strange is that Apple removed the .tun file (and waveform) import feature when they bought it.
    I'm just working (as every year) on a Halloween special and while i made them all in ET i now tryed some other tunings like those harmonics or clusters which came with Alchemy 1.55 (the latest version from Camel Audio) and this goes really well along music box sounds and other obscure keys.
    I just love those little horror movie melodies.
    It often sounds slightly out of tune for out western ears but still sounds right. A semitone off is just too much. :)