Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Appsale all Arturia apps 50% off

Appsale all Arturia apps 50% off
Believe iSem has also AU support

Comments

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

Just got iSem.

iProphet and iSpark have worse reviews in the App Store.
    I think, I will skip them.

And iMini....

Do I need it, when I already have Model 15, Animoog, mood?
    The sounds I heared so far, seem similar to what I have already.

• @tja said:

I don't think so. It is very very simple to program and it supports desktop MINIV presets. If you have a hankering for classic MiniMoog sounds, it definitely fits the bill in a way the others don't. That is, Model 15 and Mood can cover most of the MiniMoog's sonic territory but it will take a bit more work on your part to get it to sound like insert classic minimoog bass line song here.

• Thanks a bunch.

But anyway, all three beside iSem are NOT on sale!
    They still cost 10.99 Euro as before.

• iSem's a nice little synth and works well as an AU. Never got on with iSpark though, and they rarely provide updates.

• edited September 2017

@tja said:
    Thanks a bunch.

iSpark IS on sale - it's usually €20ish...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Never got on with iSpark though

Same. I know it's got power there but I just never gelled with it. Sure I would if I didn't already have a bunch of other options.

and they rarely provide updates.

Yep. Probably a good thing to know before purchasing Arturia apps. They generally work well though (not that they don't have issues). Related, and possible an explanation: they sub-contract out the work of porting their apps to iOS to external devs. Rolf of Tempo Rubato did iSem and iSpark. Retronyms did iMini and iProphet.

I don't know this for sure but I get the feeling the only reason why iSem was ported to AU was because Rolf was just interested in trying AU out and synth that was the latest synth he'd developed, it probably used more modern APIs which made it easiest to port. 100% speculation based on 1) none of the other apps have been converted, 2) Rolf had always been on the bleeding edge of iOS music tech and 3) it was one of the first AU instruments; first maybe.

• You don't need it

• @syrupcore said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Never got on with iSpark though

Same. I know it's got power there but I just never gelled with it. Sure I would if I didn't already have a bunch of other options.

I think that's the case for me with a lot of apps - I've got so many options, if a new app has a weird UI or workflow then I lose interest before learning it properly.

I'm sure iSpark is capable of good things but I just haven't caught on yet.

• @tja said:
    Just got iSem.

iProphet and **iSpark **have worse reviews in the App Store.
    I think, I will skip them.

And iMini....

Forget those dumb reviews on iSpark, Bud...
    iSpark is worth more than a cup of Jumbo Latte from Starbucks... You may even go out and get the SparkLe like me...
    One of the best apps EVER created for iOS...
    That said... It is about time for an update... Midi out etc..

• Looks like only iSem and iSpark are on sale. Not all.

• edited September 2017

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Looks like only iSem and iSpark are on sale. Not all.

Thanks, understood that all apps went on sale, but see at the moment also iSpark and iSem on Sale
    Just a refresh All Arturia apps are for sale now and 50% off

• @tja said:
    Thanks a bunch.

The iMini is a dream to program on the fly. I love it. Sound fat too...

• anyone knows if iprophet and/or imini will get Audiounit update soon? it's my main question before buying this two synths. Thanks.

• @Kühl said:

@tja said:
    Thanks a bunch.

The iMini is a dream to program on the fly. I love it. Sound fat too...

Maybe refresh, all Arturia apps are really 50% off iSem now $4.99

• edited September 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    iSem's a nice little synth and works well as an AU. Never got on with iSpark though, and they rarely provide updates

iSem is not reliable on my iPad 2017 in conjunction with GarageBand.
    Happend with 2 projects that I couldn't even open them anymore.
    So I stopped using it with GB AU

• edited September 2017

Anyone can tell how to record from Iprophet? IAA and audiobus do not seem to work.

@Retronyms is this a known bug?

• @AlexB said:
    Anyone can tell how to record from Iprophet? IAA and audiobus do not seem to work.

Now i saw this already aknowledged by Retronyms and they are working on a fix.I assume they will fix it.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/21112/iprophet-updated-to-ios-11#latest

• @AlexB said:
    ..already aknowledged by Retronyms and they are working on a fix.I assume they will fix it.

My biggest belly laugh of the day! :)

• @AlexB said:

@AlexB said:

Now i saw this already aknowledged by Retronyms and they are working on a fix.I assume they will fix it.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/21112/iprophet-updated-to-ios-11#latest

Thanks for writing in! We realized this and resubmitted to the App Store. The new update should be rolling out as soon as possible, we're hopeful that you'll be able to update later this week :) - Taylor