Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Appsale Looperverse – Multitrack Loop Recorder

Appsale Looperverse – Multitrack Loop Recorder
First sale and lowest price ever now 7.99

Who has experience with this app, opinions are appreciated

Comments

• edited September 2017

When it came out, it got nearly univeral positive recognition on this forum, which is more than any other looper app (except for the one called Loopy) has ever gotten here. Don't own it myself, just sayin'

• Just brought as got a Blueboard now. Had a quick play looks quite fluid, hope it gets AU support eventually.

• Introductory price was 7.99 if I recall correctly

• I think (from vids I've seen) it is a good option for people who want a hardware looper emu on steroids.

Myself, I always found hardware looper track number limitation an issue because I like muting stuff individually etc. I know that in general limitations can be used creatively so I don't think it is a biggie considering other great features like ability to have separate song parts (chorus /verse) recorded separately. Add FX hosting on top....

Not for me but I can totally see the appeal.

• edited September 2017

Bought it but returned it due to audio wrapping 'feature'.

Plus points: looks great, fast to use, responsive UI and workflow.

Minus points: audio wrapping gets in the way of detailed editing, not much going on in the way of updates.

If you're looking for a traditional looper with a DAW timeline-style UI go for it. If you want DAW style editing functionality you might be frustrated by the audio wrapping. Best do a forum search for it, as some of us have gone into detail about the points above.

Might be worth checking out the new free version of Quantiloop first if you don't have it.

Could have been my 'holy grail' app to bridge the gap between live performance and DAW type edit features. Still could be if they provide an option to disable audio wrapping.