Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone tried Squarp Pyramid sequencer?

Surprised it's been discussed so little in here... Also anyone used Octatrack?

Comments

• A friend who had one and sold it, said that the live recording/looping MIDI was really good, but that editing was painful. Tiny screen.

• edited September 2017

Good to hear. I've been tempted to get one but honestly couldn't justify it to myself...well, to my wife really :p

I've also been tempted with the Digitakt.

Currently using a mix of Circuit, modstep and Beatmaker 3 for sequencing fun...just wish I had randomness and conditional triggers on iOS.

• Deluge is where it's at for editing notes. I'm waiting for the next batch.

• edited September 2017

Yeah. I remember this one. How many Midi Outs does it have to drive external synths at the same time?

There's also: Polysend
    http://polyend.com/seq-sequencer/

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The octatrack was the No1 worst piece of gear I ever bought :#
    it does amazing stuff - but the workflow ...uurrggghhhh
    its only a matter of time before IOS does everything an OT does, but infinitely better

• edited December 2017
  • edited September 2017

At least the Squarp does really interesting timings, euclidean stuff, and so much more , and the results from all of these timing choices can be continuously rewarding..
    All of the Elektron stuff is invented by 4 on the floor grid nerds who can't consider creative timings as being relevant to modern musicians and composers.
    Boring outlook for a company

• edited September 2017

@echoopera said:
    Yeah. I remember this one. How many Midi Outs does it have to drive external synths at the same time?

There's also: Polysend
    http://polyend.com/seq-sequencer/

Deluge: MIDI in/out, CV, Gate and USB MIDI. 16 channels.

The Polyend is a beautiful machine, a work of art in itself with a price to match.

• Deluge reminds me of the hardware version of xynthsizr...with Sampling.

Man, I wish someone would get the Push 2 to work with their iOS app, now that it's gone Open Source...Beatmaker 3 anyone :)

• edited December 2017
  • @echoopera said:
    just wish I had randomness and conditional triggers on iOS.

Patterning?

• As the Desktop DAW Cubase is Heart of my musical studio, I nowadays prefer to sequence with Maschine MK2 / Maschine Jam. Thanks to Studiomux - so I can bring it all together with the iOS Music world.

• I drool pretty regularly over the squarep. Positive it will be the answer all of my musical shortcomings.

• Carbon (Kilpatrick Audio)

https://store.kilpatrickaudio.com/carbon

And... But...
    I keep looking at the Deluge to be a great multichannel BATTERY powered solution.

• edited September 2017

Deluge is a beauty too. That it samples and has a pretty well spec'd internal synth is a big bonus. And internal support for 'Kit' tracks really brings that out. Plus batteries! A single MIDI output is a bummer.

The Squarp's MIDI effects, 64 tracks and XY pad for entering automation: bonus.

Carbon feels more like an instrument to me. It sequences notes but it's about what you can do with those notes afterward that's most interesting. And I think that's their intention—it only has 6 tracks. Plenty for its sweet spot but probably not your primary 'song capture and edit' sequencer.

Let's not forget Social Entropy's Engine :)

• sampling superpowers are severely lacking on the deluge, I was ready to pull the trigger on the first pre-orders but couldn't because of that. :(

• @kobamoto said:
    sampling superpowers are severely lacking on the deluge, I was ready to pull the trigger on the first pre-orders but couldn't because of that. :(

I read that they've updated the sampling to now stream from SD among other things. Only problem is you can't really trim quickly and perfectly without a screen.

• edited September 2017

did they update the slicing, it was really weird imo to spread the sample across the pads but not be able to trigger different slices?

thanks for the heads up though, will take another gander

• Think I see the Deluge as a sequencer with some handy sampling powers, not as a sampler.

• edited September 2017

I see it that way now, but months before it came out and during many convos with the dev it was equal parts synth, sequencer, and sampler... now not so much.

• @kobamoto said:
    did they update the slicing, it was really weird imo to spread the sample across the pads but not be able to trigger different slices?

thanks for the heads up though, will take another gander

I don't know about the slicing, not being into sampling per se.

As you and syrup say, it really is best viewed as a sequencer with added synthesis, sampling and fx (so you don't always have to hook it up.) It sounds like the dev didn't really know what he had on his hands which is quite usual for inventors/entrepreneurs.

• it's definitely nice, I sold my circuit to buy one then ended up holding off until the sampling matures, then came the digitakt but I'm still in limbo for the time being

• edited December 2017
  • edited December 2017
  • 1 week away from the OT, & I'd forget how to use it.

Has always scared me off. Well, that and the price. :) Digitakt seems a lot more manageable.

Seems to me a SquareP, a Digitakt, an iPad and a good controller would be a pretty incredible little set up for exploratory beat making.

• edited December 2017
  • edited September 2017

Now there's something interesting about the forthcoming OP-Z. I know it will offer 16Tracks on device...I just wonder if it will offer 16 Tracks of simultaneous MiDi with connected devices.

If soooooooo.... B)

• @syrupcore said:

1 week away from the OT, & I'd forget how to use it.

Has always scared me off. Well, that and the price. :) Digitakt seems a lot more manageable.

Seems to me a SquareP, a Digitakt, an iPad and a good controller would be a pretty incredible little set up for exploratory beat making.

that would def be nice

• @echoopera said:
    Now there's something interesting about the forthcoming OP-Z. I know it will offer 16Tracks on device...I just wonder if it will offer 16 Tracks of simultaneous MiDi with connected devices.

If soooooooo.... B)

how much $