Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Where is Arctic Pro : (

Where is Arctic Pro? Anyone heard anything besides it was submitted about two weeks ago, maybe slightly delayed due to iOS7 bog...

Comments

• This weekend from the dev on twitter.

• I got this email response from Dev.

Hi

It's still waiting for review. I'm hoping it will be approved by Apple
    next week which will push the release out to about Tuesday 1 October.
    That's what I'm hoping for, but unfortunately we don't know how long it
    will take for Apple to approve it. I have everything crossed.

Regards
    Peter

• And this one.

Yes a video (or videos) are being planned. In the past I've made short
    promo style videos, this time around I want to make something more
    tutorial like, so I'm planning it. I was hoping to get these out before
    the app was released. So far I've only released a few screenshots and the
    manual on my website, but I know you all want to hear it :-)

Regards
    peter

• I just read the manual for this. I had high hopes for the vocoder but it doesn't look too hot. There are 16 bands, but you can only adjust them in set groupings of four bands each. I want someone to put out a true multiband vocoder with modulated bands and independent modulator and carrier bands (two independent inputs, which would likely mean it would need to run in a DAW like Auria). I already have a ton of synths and a few usable, but not great, vocoders so I doubt I will get this. I already have Arctic Keys, which is a decent synth but it gets very little use from me.

• Artic Pro has been reviewed by Apple and is ready to be released. Anytime now I guess.

• Cool. Do we know the price yet?

• Check the AppStore!!!! It's not out yet.

But latest intel is that the dev is working on the promo video and that it'll be released in a few days along with the video.

• ...and he expects to charge around $10.

• Fair price as long as it sounds better than the original Arctic synth--I never liked the sound on that one....

• edited September 2013

I have to say the sound demos on the official site are kinda your typical bread & butter VA sounds, and doesn't really sell it, but I'm still excited about seeing more of what this one can do when it's released.

Edit: (I'm only talking preset designs, the audio engine and possibilities I've clue about but hoping it's gonna be good addition to the iOS VA synths available)

• I agree, Arctic Keys came fully loaded and on paper was going to raise the bar for synth apps but in reality it was just OK without sounding too good. Arctic Pro is not just an updated version - many parts (the synth engine) have been rebuilt from scratch and it offers "HyperOscillators", lots of them so like @ChrisG I am looking forward to this all over again.
    From the manual...
    "Arctic Pro has 68 oscillators available per patch, 2 x 8 plus 1 sub oscillator, times 4 voices."

• Seems it's arrived now !!

• edited September 2013

Here's the link, but it doesn't seem to work just yet. It's probably still going through the system

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arctic-prosynth/id676870971?mt=8

Edit: I think it's set to be released on the 30th. So 2 hrs from now in the UK, 3 hrs in Sweden. US you gots to wait!

• I got a message saying not in UK store, but that it is in the US store. Didn't switch, due to problems changing back last time I did.

• You have to sign out to switch back.

• edited September 2013

It's still the 29th in UK. If it's one of those apps that'll gradually be released around the globe depending on time zones, it should be out on the New Zealnd store, and in 1-2 hrs mid EU. Or the dev set a specific time so it'll be released around the globe at the same time (what's the time in Aussie land?).

• Just arrived in UK

• Hmmm Arctic Pro or Sampletank's all sample packs purchase.....decisions, decisions....

• Very nice indeed, fully specified, fat as you like and AB support. Cool.

• First impressions... ArcticProSynth demo by Trueyorky http://t.co/dxCAAN16NQ

• @Bsteff21 I went with the Sampletank library. I think I can get some use out of it! Arctic pro next week!

• edited September 2013

From those who already have it... How is the sound compared to the original Arctic Keys? Even more importantly, how is it compared to the big name synths like iMini, Nave, Thor, or Animoog? Does it bring anything new to the table? I have nearly every other synth out there, but I'm starting to get really picky, since my space is limited on my tablet....

• Yeah I'm gonna do the same. Although arctic pro sounds nice, I still want to hear more first. I'm sure I'll have it next week as well!

• This sounds fat it still has the unique Artic feel to the sound but it's not so cold and you can adjust the vocoder bands Individualy but just four at a time I like it.

• Is it worth it ? how does it stack compared to Sunrizer ?