Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonestack and Bias amp iPhone calling guitar users

Hey guys. Just got a new sound card box, behringer umc204hd. Was necessary upgrade from Irig HD as I have no headphone jack on iPhone 7+.

Sooo playing with it. Sometimes the interface doesn't power up right away when plugging into the USB 3 CCK( the one with lightning charge port)

Once it gets powered on though it's really nice. Love it. So much control on input signal. Not experiencing any latency.

Only problem is getting apps to play nice. Bias amp now has lots of clicking and popping.

Tonestack does too sometimes. I am trying to find the right way to adjust samples and latency in tonestack.

One time with no other audio apps running tonestack got set to 512 samples and when I tried to change it it said it was being controlled by another app. Maybe one I cancelled out. Not sure.

I know there are settings that will get me great tones. Just trying to find them. Any advice?

Comments

• Have you checked the audio rate and resolution? The umc2014hd can go up to 24bit / 196kHz. If you're processing at that rate it's gong to have a big effect on processing power needed. Have you tried going to much lower settings yet? Even 24/48kHz is overkill for something that's going to be processed with amp simulation anyway, especially at any kind of distortion level.

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

Have you checked the audio rate and resolution? The umc2014hd can go up to 24bit / 196kHz. If you're processing at that rate it's gong to have a big effect on processing power needed. Have you tried going to much lower settings yet? Even 24/48kHz is overkill for something that's going to be processed with amp simulation anyway, especially at any kind of distortion level. I'd be surprised if you could even tell the difference between that and 16/44.1 in most cases.

• I can't even figure out how to do that in the apps

• Now the interface won't even power up properly. It just blinks the power led. If I plug it straight to a USB power adapter it boots right up though

• Do you have a lightning charger plugged into the CCK?

• Also, if you're using a USB hub, you may have to power it separately, even with the CCK powered too. I have to do this with my setup.

• I have the cck plugged in to the wall via lightning charger. No hub

• I just don't get how it works like once or twice but then never the other times

• Like it just worked right now. So weird

• I got discouraged by a lot of clicks and pops too. Re-bought this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162305171978
    And add reverb and other things in auria or aum. Sounds really good

• Instead of amp sims? I guess.

Just figured out that the behringer doesn't actually turn on unless I plug it in while an app that looks for it is open. Then it powers up. Awesome lol

• Seems like the interface needs a powered hub(if it cant be wall powered) and clicks and pops are due to wrong buffer size and/or sample rate settings.

• Hmm that cannot possibly be correct if it works sometimes. How could it work sometimes if it needs to be powered? No spot for a power adapter either. It is only bus powered

• edited August 2017

@Briandandrig said:
    Hmm that cannot possibly be correct if it works sometimes. How could it work sometimes if it needs to be powered? No spot for a power adapter either. It is only bus powered

Ipad doesent have enough power to power audio interfaces properly. And based on the behavior, it sounds like it can only barely power it sometimes(my guess is when there isnt anything else comsuming power much at all). If this is the case, a powered usb hub will fix it.

• Yeah no. I have the USB 3.0 with lightning power adapter cck. So it's plugged into the wall through the CCK

• @Briandandrig said:
    Yeah no. I have the USB 3.0 with lightning power adapter cck. So it's plugged into the wall through the CCK

You need to power the hub separately with its own power adapter, as well as powering the CCK with the Lightning cable.

• @Briandandrig said:
    Yeah no. I have the USB 3.0 with lightning power adapter cck. So it's plugged into the wall through the CCK

That usb3 dongle thing only powers ipad, not stuff connected to the usb port. Or well, it can help the ipad to give out a bit more power, as it takes the need for ipad to power itself, but that wont help enough in most cases.

• I guess I have to try that then.