Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

#'s @ time: AU vs. IAA

Using AU, on the average how many do/can you use at once comfortibly? (Which ones)
Device type?

Using IAA/AUDIOBUS (NON AU) how many do/can you use?(Which ones)
Device type?

If you use a mix, please give that breakdown.

For the thread's sake let's say the question is in regard to using the set up into multiple instances of looping app of your choice.
(Loopy Loopersonic Looperverse Group The Loop Quantum Ostinator)

Thanks so much

Comments

• @RustiK I just posted about this in another thread about AU, but I managed to run one instance of strng synth through about 10 different AU effects simultaneously via various buses in AUM. Never exceeded 50% CPU usage with my Pro 9.7"

Results if anyone is interested. It's a little muddy, I was just trying to test how many AU effects I could get away with running all at once.

Effects used: EOS 2, Dubstation 2, Replicant 2, Fuzz Plus 3, frekvens, Resampler, Mani, Korvpressor, 6144, apeFilter, Amazing Noise Limiter

I should note that I ran into one or two crashes with 6144 specifically, and have heard other reports on the forum of it crashing BM3. Hopefully it gets updated soon. Smooth sailing with all other apps.