Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

frekvens AU Parameter Automation Fix Coming Soon To An App Store Near You

Been beta testing humbletunes frekvens in BM3 and looks like Erik has nailed AU recording and playback. Should see an update in the App Store fairly soon. Wicked fun! I love Erik's apps! frekvens by Erik Sigth
https://appsto.re/us/i6xu_.i

Comments

• @philowerx said:
    Been beta testing humbletunes frekvens in BM3 and looks like Erik has nailed AU recording and playback. Should see an update in the App Store fairly soon. Wicked fun! I love Erik's apps! frekvens by Erik Sigth
    https://appsto.re/us/i6xu_.i

Kickass! Can't wait to BM3 automate me some sweet frekvens madness. All hail @humbletune Erik! consistent top-tier dev always on the ball.

• Awesome news. Thanks.

• WOoohoo! I can't wait! Such a great effect!

• One of my favourite fx, good news.

• edited August 2017

Noticed that Frekvens was my only AU FX app not to load in Twisted Wave. Not a big deal for me as I was only experimenting.

@philowerx If you have both TW and the Beta though, it may help Erik out to test that combo.

Cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Noticed that Frekvens was my only AU FX app not to load in Twisted Wave. Not a big deal for me as I was only experimenting.

@philowerx If you have both TW and the Beta though, it may help Erik out to test that combo.

Cheers.

@SpookyZoo
    frekvens beta AU loads and I hear it's effect in Twisted Wave but the render is silent. I tested frekvens beta AU in AUM and it loads and records and as expected. Just sent a report to Erik. Let you know when I hear back.
    Cheers

• Works great in BM3 now, thank you so much! Perfect timing for my vacation in a couple days. :)

• edited August 2017

@philowerx said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers.

@SpookyZoo
    frekvens beta AU loads and I hear it's effect in Twisted Wave but the render is silent. I tested frekvens beta AU in AUM and it loads and records and as expected. Just sent a report to Erik. Let you know when I hear back.
    Cheers

Nice work @philowerx thanks.

and Yes, this was actually what I found too. It would load but the render was silent, so it's a bug from prior to the beta.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@philowerx said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers.

@SpookyZoo
    Cheers

Nice work @philowerx thanks.

and Yes, this was actually what I found too. It would load but the render was silent, so it's a bug from prior to the beta.

You're welcome! I'm so happy it works!

• I love this guys apps too! But is frekvens the only one with AU3 support? I would love to see Nils as an AU3.

• HI guys. Cheers for the nice comments, I really really appreciate it. :)

@SpookyZoo @philowerx I had a play with TW last night and I am not sure I can fix this one, I definitely see some inconsistent behaviour. I see it rendering silence also, but only most of the time. On my iPad, if I first normalize the sound or add a delay, next time adding frekvens it renders the sound fine. My feeling is this pattern might just have been coinsidence though and maybe I was imagining things.

If you held a gun to my head and I had to guess, I would guess that TW has some kind of timer and when an app takes too long, it bails out and renders silence instead. Possibly frekvens is too slow for TW, but as I said, this is just a wild guess. I am probably wrong.

@pink_sky Cheers, I have definitely thought about making nils AUv3, it might happen one day. Finding time and energy are definitely factors for taking on that surgical project. I was hoping a bit with frekvens that I could come up with some neat tricks and shortcuts for a good solution that fits both the normal app mode and the AUv3 version. I want to have both share as much code as possible, but haven't been clever enough to be completely happy.

I don't know. Maybe I am just lazy and don't want to do the work. :)

Cheers

ERik

• @humbletune said:
    HI guys. Cheers for the nice comments, I really really appreciate it. :)

@SpookyZoo @philowerx I had a play with TW last night and I am not sure I can fix this one, I definitely see some inconsistent behaviour. I see it rendering silence also, but only most of the time. On my iPad, if I first normalize the sound or add a delay, next time adding frekvens it renders the sound fine. My feeling is this pattern might just have been coinsidence though and maybe I was imagining things.

If you held a gun to my head and I had to guess, I would guess that TW has some kind of timer and when an app takes too long, it bails out and renders silence instead. Possibly frekvens is too slow for TW, but as I said, this is just a wild guess. I am probably wrong.

@pink_sky Cheers, I have definitely thought about making nils AUv3, it might happen one day. Finding time and energy are definitely factors for taking on that surgical project. I was hoping a bit with frekvens that I could come up with some neat tricks and shortcuts for a good solution that fits both the normal app mode and the AUv3 version. I want to have both share as much code as possible, but haven't been clever enough to be completely happy.

Cheers

ERik

Thanks Erik!

• @humbletune said:
    HI guys. Cheers for the nice comments, I really really appreciate it. :)

Cheers

ERik

Thanks for the response Erik!