Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Gadget presets

Update in store with "new presets for 9 gadgets"...

Comments

• In case anyone is curious, these are the 9 gadgets with additional preset banks: Berlin, Chiangmai, Chicago, Dublin, Helsinki, Kiev, Kingston, Phoenix, and Wolfsburg.

• i was going to make a snide, 'pffft BM3 automates AUs now!' But dayum, sure like some of these presets.... aww Gadget, we'll always be friends. But i am cuttin you off, no more money... probably.

• How many total? And are they actually good?

• edited July 2017

@db909 said:
    How many total? And are they actually good?

41 in Chiangmai - certainly more variety explored here. Yes, some good ones for sure. some same old, same old offset by some interesting twists and a few rather really unexpected ones (for Chiangmai). I imagine 'HARD' will get a lot of use in the world layered with other synths. Sounds smoother to my ears too, wonder if the engine got some under the hood love... anyway, lots to explore and sample into BM3, big thanks Korgy!

• 30 in Berlin - a lot more reference to popular genres. Sub bass and glitcheroo!

• 21 in Helsinki - not as paddy as the first batch... more plunks, more noise... mmm, dont think i will use it much. Tried it through fac chorus and eos2 but.... mmm, eh, there are better options out there.

• edited July 2017

40 in Chicago. WOW! BIG BASS and squelchy modulary sounding cutting arp BADASSERY! A certain Sweed is going to like this A LOT. i Know I do... woohoo, yum yum

• edited July 2017

41 in Dublin - with nods to contemporary elements, dusty woodgrain still dominates in this little gadget. Sure to appeal to bearded flannel shirt hipsters, skinny jeaned hipster on stage playing indie pop rock (is that still a thing?)

• 40 in Phoenix - retro clean bright synths for the most part. The Mike Post / Punky Brewster Dance Party. Not my thing. A couple neat whistles and chimes that sound more Chiangmai are OK.

• edited July 2017

41 in Wolfsburg. Nice! Wonderful in fact! As was the way in the version one presets these initially sound clean and a bit classic/standard but still very full. The thing is, being Wolfsburg it is just a few twists and turns into becoming very very interesting. I find this is one of the more flexible gadgets and these patches work great. Some very neat airy spooky ones here which seem unexpected additions to the roster but are most welcome. Again I can't help but feel on this one there may have been some tweaks to the engine as things sound just a little smoother this time around.

• I like that these new patches are for the built in gadgets

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I like that these new patches are for the built in gadgets

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by that.

• Still a monster that is the mighty Gadget

• edited July 2017

40 in Kiev - Dayum some of these sound good running in AUM through FAC Chorus and EOS2, but I guess that is expected. for the most part classic Kiev but some cool new twists. It is tricky to tell what is going on under the hood until you start swapping waveforms so I spent a bit more time with this one ;) (what isn't five minutes enough time to judge a rompler? haha). Some unexpected plunky ones, and some new styled synthwave (modestly retro) show more range for sure and nice to have more waveforms now, gives a ton more options.

• Love it. Need to come up with a workflow need to remove my tracks from Gadget before they become to gadgetized.

• A nice unexpected surprise from KORG. I really like a lot of the "original" presets, so I'm sure I'll be pleased with these as well.

• The Pretty Pad in Phoenix is adorable!

• Everything I've tried so far sounds like Gadget.

• @AudioGus good man, thanks for the heads up!

• @robertreynolds said:
    @AudioGus good man, thanks for the heads up!

Yep! Thanks man.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@robertreynolds said:
    @AudioGus good man, thanks for the heads up!

Yep! Thanks man.

+1 thanks for the info.

• Cool! New stuff is always appreciated :)
    Maybe we'll see more of there 'Factory' updates for the remaining Gadgets as well?
    (New samples for London, Amsterdam, Marseilles and Receife).

• Nice!
    I hope they also did something about the CPU heat/battery drain.

• I'm quite curious about two folders in the Gadget *.ipa...

Radias MMF and monopoly. In that monopoly folder there's presets for MonoPoly_ gadget...

• @AudioGus excellent service work there Mister Gus.

Interesting timing there from the Korg Monster. All of a sudden, and as a result of recent events, I admire and am grateful for their quiet approach to this. Does make you wonder what might be about to land. Maybe.

• New factory sound is good... Thanks Korg... But I admit I'm kind of disappointed they this update does not add a mean to record other apps (IAA, AB...) in audio tracks... If Korg added that I think I would stay on Gadget as my main standalone app to make music (which has been the case for the past 2 years) ... In the current state, if BM3 is updated to correct the main bugs/stability issue, then I'll probably switch to BM3...
    And right now, I'm completly lost lol, not knowing which of the two 'almost completed' road to take...

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2017

Played the new presets. I like them, especially for Chiang Mai.

Unfortunately the CPU heat/battery drain is unchanged :'(

@Samu said:
    I'm quite curious about two folders in the Gadget *.ipa...

Radias MMF and monopoly. In that monopoly folder there's presets for MonoPoly_ gadget...

Nice find. MonoPoly is on many people's wish list. Radias is interesting, what could the 'MMF' stand for?

• @R_2 said:
    what could the 'MMF' stand for?

Don't encourage us..... :)

• @AudioGus said:
    40 in Chicago. WOW! BIG BASS and squelchy modulary sounding cutting arp BADASSERY! A certain Sweed is going to like this A LOT. i Know I do... woohoo, yum yum

He he! And that Swede is not me ☺️