Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Exhale

Just spotted Doug Wood's new exploration of Exhale. This kind of thing is why we need Kontact to either enter the IOS world themselves, or maybe do an FF type deal with Auria Pro.

https://youtu.be/4Ns7O_px8F8

Comments

• Thanks for sticking this here, I never post non iOS videos in case it upsets any one, I thought I'd do this today because no body will watch an iOS one today because of BM3

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Thanks for sticking this here, I never post non iOS videos in case it upsets any one, I thought I'd do this today because no body will watch an iOS one today because of BM3

In my opinion you should post everything you make here. A lot of us aren't strictly iOS. Myself I'm actually more of a desktop/ableton user. Although Bm3 might tilt things more towards iOS.

Thanks for sticking this here, I never post non iOS videos in case it upsets any one, I thought I'd do this today because no body will watch an iOS one today because of BM3

>

It's non IOS for now, but the market for these guys is wide open. I'd buy this instantly, on IOS, just as long as it wasn't a totally silly price,

Other companies have already joined IOS, so why not Kontact?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    In my opinion you should post everything you make here. A lot of us aren't strictly iOS. Myself I'm actually more of a desktop/ableton user. Although Bm3 might tilt things more towards iOS.

>

Yeah. I use Logic Pro X on my Mac, and various other programs in my PC, including Kontact, and various libraries.

• @Zen210507 said:

>

It's non IOS for now, but the market for these guys is wide open. I'd buy this instantly, on IOS, just as long as it wasn't a totally silly price,

Other companies have already joined IOS, so why not Kontact?

I agree that would be awesome, but Kontakt is made by Native Instruments, so they are already in the game.

• @BvsMV said:
    I agree that would be awesome, but Kontakt is made by Native Instruments, so they are already in the game.

Great. Then I hope they decide to port Kontact, or come to some area gem with the makers of Cubasis or Auria Pro. These sound packs, priced at the same level as FF filters for AP, would surely be popular.

• Hmmm...pricey, but as a Komplete/Kontakt user I'd love to see more of this stuff.

• Whist waiting for BM3 I downloaded BM2 and had a mess with that, and I've just reinstalled Tabletop, iMPC and iMPC Pro, I must add these again the demo list, which just keeps getting bigger and bigger

• Exhale is superb. One of my most used instruments. I got the rest of the Output stuff before and it's ok but Exhale is the best

• @5pinlink said:
    Kontakt wont happen on IOS, NI barely have enough developers to cover their desktop software.

That is such a pity. Could they/ would they license the sound packs to AP or Cubasis, if either wanted to add the code required to use them?

• @Gunark said:
    Exhale is superb. One of my most used instruments. I got the rest of the Output stuff before and it's ok but Exhale is the best

>

Also a fan of Realivox Blue.

• @5pinlink said:
    Kontakt wont happen on IOS, NI barely have enough developers to cover their desktop software, Massive and Absynth and FM8 will be discontinued soonish, they will not be getting HDPI updates, it is unlikely that Guitar rig and Maschine will either, NI are in the business of licences and content, not software development, that was the old NI.

As a new Komplete owner I've got enough content to keep me going for the next 5 years, so that doesn't faze me in the least. And when I do get bored there's several thousand ensembles ready to download. For free.

• edited July 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

Have you ever seen people not even sleeping for an app people are going nuts like a new album in the 90s this is crazy and great for IOS

An you sir can post any videos you want anybody tries to say anything this community has your back.

• Woah this thing is sick!!! :O I wish it was an iOS...

• @5pinlink said:

@MonzoPro said:

@5pinlink said:
    Kontakt wont happen on IOS, NI barely have enough developers to cover their desktop software, Massive and Absynth and FM8 will be discontinued soonish, they will not be getting HDPI updates, it is unlikely that Guitar rig and Maschine will either, NI are in the business of licences and content, not software development, that was the old NI.

As a new Komplete owner I've got enough content to keep me going for the next 5 years, so that doesn't faze me in the least. And when I do get bored there's several thousand ensembles ready to download. For free.

Oh that wasn't meant to put anybody off, NI are putting out some serious serious content, for the money, Komplete is an absolute monster, even if you remove GR/FM8/Massive/Absynth, I have already replaced Massive with Serum anyway, and i i rarely use FM8/Absynth, and Komplete is still my most used stuff, the effects, even when they discontinue them, i will use those till i'm dust.
    (I am not going to mention Reaktor, it isn't fair to mention that, ever, it is just the greatest plugin ever built)

The only problem I have with Komplete is that it's dampened my enthusiasm for iOS stuff, though a Synthscaper purchase could be on the cards...

• @Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

An you sir can post any videos you want anybody tries to say anything this community has your back.

@Shazamm Hey Shazamm, earlier today I recorded a brand new Mood video and guess what Pack is featured all the way through

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah, don't worry it soon wears off, you know like breathing, you don't really get excited about it,

Unlikely, it's the only escape from the steaming dog turd that is my life at the moment. Synths are a wonderful distraction.

• Here is another for the Arturia Modular V that I posted a couple of days ago, imagine this on iOS

@Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Shazamm Hey Shazamm, earlier today I recorded a brand new Mood video and guess what Pack is featured all the way through

lol you sir are my hero man we love you in the IOS community sir. Your videos made me want to do videos to do my part.

Here is another for the Arturia Modular V that I posted a couple of days ago, imagine this on iOS

awesome I use this with my komplete 61 I love that they made it NKS format

• @Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

lol you sir are my hero man we love you in the IOS community sir. Your videos made me want to do videos to do my part.

Thanks for that man, I will post the video tomorrow morning, I'm also going to stick a card link in the video to your channel too

• @5pinlink said:
    When anybody asks this sort of stuff, i always give one answer....
    Buy a surface, Install Kontakt, Job done.

trust me on this, there are very few heavy composers with Kontakt installed on their DAW, it is normally always on a second rig ;)

Yes, that is where I have it, on my PC. But I'd still like to have access on IOS. ;)

• This is amazing. Do we have anything remotely close to this on iOS?

• @Zen210507 said:

@5pinlink said:
    When anybody asks this sort of stuff, i always give one answer....
    Buy a surface, Install Kontakt, Job done.

trust me on this, there are very few heavy composers with Kontakt installed on their DAW, it is normally always on a second rig ;)

Yes, that is where I have it, on my PC. But I'd still like to have access on IOS. ;)

+1 - s stripped down version of Reaktor would be just the ticket.

LoL - the hype got to me too, just got BM3

@Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thanks for that man, I will post the video tomorrow morning, I'm also going to stick a card link in the video to your channel too

Awe man you are too kind sir. Much appreciated

• @Ben said:
    This is amazing. Do we have anything remotely close to this on iOS?

Nope. :'(

• edited July 2017

The problem would be that a Kontakt Player instrument cost several grands to license. So you have to sell many many iOS copies to make some money. A full Kontakt won´t happen anytime soon.
    The only way yet would be if they port it as standalone app (or AUv3 on top) like f.e. Embertone does and some other wanted to do already but i still wait since months for the promised release....maybe cancelled?
    Then there is the UVI engine which is great too and there are already a few ported things like the Ravenscroft 275.
    There also were some announcements of apps which should be ported to iOS but it seems they never arised like Psounds vintage accordion: http://www.psound.it/vintage_accordion.html
    It was promised since months but now there is no sign of it (or i missed it).
    Yes, it´s mainly about the niche market and it could be way to expensive to support such a fast moving small market yet. In some years it could be ready.
    Like mentioned already, some of these libraries took a large team years to develop and still people would expect it to be much cheaper on iOS. That again could cut in their main market while adding more work and support.
    I´m sure they all have an eye on this market these days and if they think it´s worth to enter, they will do.

• @Cib said:
    Like mentioned already, some of these libraries took a large team years to develop and still people would expect it to be much cheaper on iOS.

Sure. But a smart company adapts to hanging economic times. Fortunes have been made - admittedly not yet in IOS apps as far as I know - by doing what is known in the UK as 'pile it high and sell it cheap.'