Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy Shared Project Lost in Translation

Had an excellent little loop going on Auxy, written on the iphone on a subway ride. I wanted to move it over to the iPad and maybe into Cubasis. Auxy has this wonderful Export option, and I was able to render my project and use AirDrop to send it to the iPad.

However.
What appeared was not quite the same song. It was close, but not the same track. Different instruments, different sounds.... Anyone with experience of sharing Auxy tracks?

Comments

• I'm curious. Are the midi notes identical ? If yes can't you just load the correct presets per layer ?

• edited July 2017

It was really weird. The midi notes were mostly there, but a couple of tracks were missing. And you know how all the Auxy instrument names sound like shoegaze bands you can't quite tell apart – Purr, Marble, Bo....
    For some reason when I sent my loop over to the iPad, I didn't have Rain or Noir, which were replaced by a couple of others. (I got Needy and Dust!) Then I tried it for maybe the third time, but this time when I exported, I deselected the loop option. And it worked.

• edited July 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It was really weird. The midi notes were mostly there, but a couple of tracks were missing. And you know how all the Auxy instrument names sound like shoegaze bands you can't quite tell apart – Purr, Marble, Bo....
    For some reason when I sent my loop over to the iPad, I didn't have Rain or Noir, which were replaced by a couple of others. (I got Needy and Dust!) Then I tried it for maybe the third time, but this time when I exported, I deselected the loop option. And it worked.

Intruiging. Since I don't own an iPhone I barely use Auxy now but I can understand the frustration. I actually use caustic since my phone is Android. And saved projects on Dropbox easily open on my iPad. And these same projects can be either midi exported or audio exported via audioshare.