Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please help - Keystep midiflow Volca fm combo

Question from a complete novice:
Watching this - in the vid the player uses Midiflow to keep a volca sequence going and play over it with a keystep sequence while the volca sequence keeps playing. How? - he talks at the end about using midiflow app to filter out the clock. I have the app but have no idea what he means or how to do it, or if I am connecting it properly - cant get it to work. Any ideas?
Please help. Thanks ;)

Comments

• Hi @goatad

Not sure if you need one of the iAPs for this.

Midiflow dev sometimes participates here @JohannesD may be able to help out.

Good luck!

• Think it's a part of the base install. Make a new route, tap the + in the middle (circled background), scroll down to 'CLOCK' (just below controllers) and turn on 'Filter Out'.

• Also, thanks for posting this! I watched it when it came out but didn't really pay attention to that part. Been having a similar problem with my Monologue resetting with start and stop midi messages. I'll just use the analog sync port and filter clock messages from the MIDI.

• @syrupcore said:
    Think it's a part of the base install. Make a new route, tap the + in the middle (circled background), scroll down to 'CLOCK' (just below controllers) and turn on 'Filter Out'.

Cool.

Hopefully OP should be all set then! :)

• Thanks for your help people but still no joy.
    Please except my ignorance. I have been trying the + in the middle and this works when Im having synth apps as my 'destination' last in the chain but I don't know how to get the volca as the 'destination' ... I'm thinking that its not working because maybe I need some different cables and have no idea where to start with that. Whatcha think?

• Your midi interface would be the destination. Then plug your midi interface into your volca.

If the KeyStep is your MIDI interface, I'm not sure this is possible. You can check in the Arturia MCC desktop app to see if you can do something like Keyboard Out = USB only, MIDI Out = From USB. That way:

1. The iPad would get MIDI from the KS via USB
    2. The iPad would filter out the clock messages
    3. the midi cable between the KS and the volca would only include midi from the iPad
    4. You'll need to use a 1/8 sync cable between the KS and the Volca's Sync In in order for the Volca to stay in sync. Pretty sure you need to configure the KS's clock out port to the Volca standard in the MCC app.

Please report back if this works!

• Thanks. I need to buy a midi interface - couldn't find anything like you described in the MCC app.... I'll report back when I have (fingers crossed) success.

• Midi interface was all I needed. It works great and offers loads more possibilities to the keystep. Thanks for the help