Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat. Twirl got an update

Surprised but pleased to see this today.

Comments

• @BiancaNeve said:

Never did get around to pulling this trigger. In light of updated versions of Twisted Wave, Hokusai etc and with the all-encompassing jockstomping sample power (apparently) of BM3 almost out any thoughts on what this one brings uniquely to the party at this point?

• whaaaaat, hilariously unexpected

• edited July 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Never did get around to pulling this trigger. In light of updated versions of Twisted Wave, Hokusai etc and with the all-encompassing jockstomping sample power (apparently) of BM3 almost out any thoughts on what this one brings uniquely to the party at this point?

Couple things BM3 might not do (though it does seem like BM3 actually does everything): slice a clip into many little pieces, and send a zip of all the pieces via "open in", to AudioShare for example, then AudioShare asks if you want to unpack them (which you do) and all appear in your collection, numbered nicely (and "all" can be a lot of tiny little pieces). Any app that opens zips (Cubasis, probably BM3, Auria Pro) will do the same with the package.

The transient detection, and silence, can be dialed in very precisely (again not sure how much fine control of transient detection is available elsewhere...). but dialing silence levels I've not seen in iOS at all

Also there is a beat replacement feature: transient slices can be replaced with hits from the in app library of drums and percussion samples.

Also dev added Jam mode which looks like this:

"Config" screen is shown, tap the key, trim the sample for that key. Pretty cool. If our friends on the forum don't now ask the dev for midi in (already has AB out) I'll probably ask him myself...EDIT just sent him the email.

• Not sure I would buy it again now if BM3 lives up to the hype (then again I always found BM2 horrible to try and do much with) but since I already own it I'm pleased to see it will now survive iOS 11 it's still currently the easiest way I know to split something into a set of slices.

• way cool B)

• @BiancaNeve @Littlewoodg Thanks folks. Good insight. Consider myself in a holding pattern, but not for so very long :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Not sure I would buy it again now if BM3 lives up to the hype (then again I always found BM2 horrible to try and do much with) but since I already own it I'm pleased to see it will now survive iOS 11 it's still currently the easiest way I know to split something into a set of slices.

Yep, pretty cool for $10 spent in 2011...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Not sure I would buy it again now if BM3 lives up to the hype (then again I always found BM2 horrible to try and do much with) but since I already own it I'm pleased to see it will now survive iOS 11 it's still currently the easiest way I know to split something into a set of slices.

Yep, pretty cool for $10 spent in 2011...

I'm almost ready to buy it just to prove that point...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @BiancaNeve @Littlewoodg Thanks folks. Good insight. Consider myself in a holding pattern, but not for so very long :)

Samesies. BM can slice but will BM3 export those slices in one go for use in other apps? If so, I'll prolly skip this one. If not, hello again beat twirl!

• Anyone know of drum apps that will take a zip of waves and spread them out across the pads automagically?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    FLM TWO

Say what now?

• Flm2 was/is able to import a zip file of samples and automagically unzip it into a drumkit.

FLM3 can't though.....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Flm2 was/is able to import a zip file of samples and automagically unzip it into a drumkit.

FLM3 can't though.....

Damn. Thanks though.

• @syrupcore said:
    Anyone know of drum apps that will take a zip of waves and spread them out across the pads automagically?

Caustic sampler, but only across the keyboard not drum pads. still thats where all the fancy filtering and modulation is, so perhaps more useful longterm..
    don't forget, the virsyn reslice also bags up a zip of slices, but i don't think it has transient detection like Beat Twirl.. does this new fangled Beatmaker3 have transient detection? couldn't see it in the demos.

• @RockySmalls said:

@syrupcore said:
    Anyone know of drum apps that will take a zip of waves and spread them out across the pads automagically?

Caustic sampler, but only across the keyboard not drum pads. still thats where all the fancy filtering and modulation is, so perhaps more useful longterm..
    don't forget, the virsyn reslice also bags up a zip of slices, but i don't think it has transient detection like Beat Twirl.. does this new fangled Beatmaker3 have transient detection? couldn't see it in the demos.

Cheers.

• I was mistaken, ReSlice does have transient detection... but to me it doesn't seem to function quite as well as Beat Twirls, especially on long samples.. still, its there.

• @RockySmalls said:
    I was mistaken, ReSlice does have transient detection... but to me it doesn't seem to function quite as well as Beat Twirls, especially on long samples.. still, its there.

Even better. Forgot all about that feature (and app, if I'm honest). I did an app purge a while back in the hopes of focus. Didn't work. :)

• @syrupcore said:

@RockySmalls said:
    I was mistaken, ReSlice does have transient detection... but to me it doesn't seem to function quite as well as Beat Twirls, especially on long samples.. still, its there.

Even better. Forgot all about that feature (and app, if I'm honest). I did an app purge a while back in the hopes of focus. Didn't work. :)

yep, I need an App-Stalin moment meself.. even the once paltry Au fx list is starting to cause Supermarket Aisle Retardation.. ( shakes fist at capitalism for being the most barbaric yet fun religion )

• @RockySmalls said:

@syrupcore said:

@RockySmalls said:

yep, I need an App-Stalin moment meself.. even the once paltry Au fx list is starting to cause Supermarket Aisle Retardation.. ( shakes fist at capitalism for being the most barbaric yet fun religion )

Me Consume.

Me Like New Stuff.

Me like shiny noise makers.

Mooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee