Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: To any developer willing to listen - AU app request.

So, I'm looking for something that's along the line of Cableguys' "Volume Shaper", Nicki Romero's "Kickstart", XFer's LFOTool, Lazy Kenneth, etc. In other words, something that simulates (emulates?) the sidechain ducking effect without the need for an external sidechain input using volume automation as a driving force. It's driving me nuts that something like this doesn't exist in AUv3 format on iOS, especially with all the other fantastic tools we already have out there.

Of course I cannot make an app request without some valid points. So, why would this be essential?

1. It's easier to get the exact pumping effect you want just by shaping a recurring volume envelope/selecting a volume envelope (the former being the preferred method) that kicks in once per beat. (Trying to find the right drum sample to get you the ducking envelope you want is trickier.). This is a streamlining method.

2. Cubasis has no sidechain compression whatsoever, and Steinberg doesn't seem interested in adding it. Oh well.

3. It's an essential function of dance music production, whether to get the pumping effect, or just to quickly cut out/reduce transients that may take away from the punchiness of your kickdrum.

I'm willing to shell out a good chunk of money (one-time fee) for such an Audio Unit. Please consider making something like this? Thank you. :)

Comments

• Plus one!

• edited July 2017

Great minds think alike. A couple of months ago, I made a Kickstart inspired panel for an upcoming synth we're working on. This summer, I need to stay focused and release the AK Synth One & some other free AUv3 plugins we have planned. But, can def release the tool later this fall (a part from the synth it was built to support). It should only take a couple days to finish. We were even "kicking" around ideas for names. :D

I saw in a different thread that you'd pay $9.99. Maybe $1.99? And if someone else makes a commercial version before us, we'll just release ours for free. After all, it's already built. Or better yet, @jwmmakerofmusic you can just be a beta tester and get it free before everyone else. :smile:

• @analog_matt said:
    Great minds think alike. A couple of months ago, I made a Kickstart inspired panel for an upcoming synth we're working on. This summer, I need to stay focused and release the AK Synth One & some other free AUv3 plugins we have planned. But, can def release the tool later this fall (a part from the synth it was built to support). It should only take a couple days to finish. We were even "kicking" around ideas for names. :D

I saw in a different thread that you'd pay $9.99. Maybe $1.99? And if someone else makes a commercial version before us, we'll just release ours for free. After all, it's already built. Or better yet, @jwmmakerofmusic you can just be a beta tester and get it free before everyone else. :smile:

can i beta test too please ?

• edited July 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Sure!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@analog_matt said:

Awesome! :)

• Yes please.

Small, semi-related sidebar: been using the audio input on the Korg ER1 a lot lately for this purpose. Well, not so much for EDM/Dilla style side-chaining but for 'trance gate' style stuff on drones and chords. Being able to layout the steps on a 16-step (or longer) sequence and then adjust the volume, decay and panning is really really fun and musical. With motion sequencing, you can do fun stuff like automate the decay (etc).