Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dexter's First Complete Song On The iPad!!

edited September 2013 in Creations

Hello Audiobus Forum People,

I've been lurking here for months, enjoying everyone's comments and learning a heck of a lot! I have finally recorded a tune completely on my iPad, and thought I'd share (or torture..depending on what you think of it):

http://snd.sc/1aGmVoF

I'd be interested in your feedback. It was recorded mostly in BM2. The only out-of-the-box instruments are the guitars and vox...recorded through the Apogee Jam. I also used JamUp Pro, Auria, and AudioMastering.

Thanks!

Dexter

Comments

• Nice one @DexterTragic. I like the mix of acoustic, electric, and synth. Nice job on the mix/mastering too.

• Fantastic! Really enjoyed that. What apps did you use besides the ones you mentioned? Especially interested in the drums.

• Dude! That sounds like a song by Matthew Sweet! (Meant to be a compliment!) very nice and a great bridge in the middle. Yay for you!

• The most sophisticated pop composition and arrangement I've heard on here. Good voice too. The only constructive criticism I would offer is that the vocal clings to the beat too tightly, as if you're counting in your head rather than just feeling it. This tight vocal delivery works well in the chorus, but elsewhere I fould it slightly distracting. A more relaxed delivery elsewhere would work well and even help to kick into the chorus when it tightens up. Well done. :)

• edited September 2013

Great voice, arrangement and song! Catchy chorus and nice bridge too! :).
    You have some really good musical ideas on your soundcloud page as well.

• Excellent track..it's like a masterclass in song construction..seriously good work...and a killer middle 8....

• I really like it! The only thing I would suggest (which others may disagree with), would be to add a very subtle reverb--maybe a very small vocal box sized reverb with a dry/wet mix that is so subtle that it is almost un-noticable....just something barely under the vocals so they don't sound completely dry....

In all honesty though, I keep hearing these great tracks from all of you guys, and I don't feel justified in offering suggestions, since you guys are putting out stuff that I think is much better than I could do. :-)

Great job! :-)

• You don't need to be Michael Schumacher to spot when someone is driving on the wrong side of the road. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

• edited September 2013

Agreed with all of the above comments. And I think @AudioJunkie is spot on about the slight reverb, it is a tad dry for my tastes. But excellent job. I take it you have prior recording experience?

Only constructive criticism I would add is that this song is, IMHO, begging for some harmonies/backing vocals. Like, it would transform it to pop perfection.

Also, the outro fading vocals are perfect for a wailing guitar solo to come in. You could just go kinda nuts for a few bars and fade on solo. Just my .02 :)

• Liked & Followed on Sound Cloud. :-)

• Thanks for the great comments and ideas. I'll definitely add a bit of reverb to the lead vocals, and probably add some harmonies - I'm a sucker for big vocals.

@TCM - The only other app I used, that I failed to mention, was AudioBus. For the drums, I programmed them in BM2 using a custom drumkit based on Derek Buddemeyer's Studio Pop drums.

Thanks again for listening!

Dexter