Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Layr update- Time to get off the fence?

From Living Memory's FaceBook page:

Important Public Service Announcement! :)

Yesterday we have submitted update v1.0.4 for LayR to the App Store for release and it should by on the App Store any time now. Squashing all known bugs and adding several new features and an entire bank of 124 Cinematic performance presets created by Brice!

LayR Release Notes v1.0.4:

Cinematic: A full new bank of wonderfully evocative Performance presets by Brice.

Ableton Link for arpeggiator. Link can be enabled/disabled in settings.

MIDI Output port: Enabled with an option in settings, defaults to off.

MIDI Virtual Destination Chooser: To send MIDI to other apps.
Only available when the MIDI out port is enabled.

MIDI Controller Templates: Tap the new MIDI icon at the top of the Layer Editor view.

Sends MIDI controller from assigned dials when MIDI Out is enabled, (on the Instrument channel).

“Pickup” Mode for MIDI controllers. Option in settings.

Channel Pressure added to the list of assignable MIDI controllers.

AudioBus 3: Audio and MIDI.

Settings has an option to stop Master Tempo being set when Performances are loaded.

Manually loading a performance or instrument makes that bank current for MIDI program select.

Group and assign on iPad is now high enough to accommodate 8 rows instead of 7

New Shortcut: Double tapping on a dot in the link/assign view selects or deselects the entire column.

New Shortcut: In Preset Selector Views, long press on bank names to rename banks.

Fixed: Crash when starting mono-legato voices in 64 voice mode.

Fixed: Potential crash when rapidly changing presets via MIDI Program Change.

Fixed: Preset Files stored on iCloud Drive can now be loaded by tapping on them or selecting “Open In...”

Fixed: Layer volume sliders now show MIDI icon when assigned to a MIDI controller.

Fixed: MIDI controller assignations no longer seem to disappear after deleting another instrument.

Fixed: Possible crash caused by corrupt UI after launching from an IAA host.

Fixed: Layer strip name label resizes font to t width.

Fixed: MIDI Assign view rendered incorrectly if a layer has a
really long name.

Fixed: Tempo was not always correctly set when loading a performance.

Fixed: Arpeggiator stops if IAA host doesn't provide beat clock.

Fixed: It’s now possible to select LayR as a MIDI destination from inside other apps.

Fixed: Issue with jittery response with dials and sliders when moving very slowly.

Fixed an envelope bug that could cause loud clicks with some settings.

Improved voice stealing in attempt to reduce clicks when max polyphony is exceeded.

Changed the wording of the “Import” button to “Append” in the Load Performance view.

Comments

• Great :-)))

• May be an expensive app month for me. :)

• @brice Wow. You have serious talents man.

• edited July 2017

Yes, i have to say that Brice did an awesome job here (while i'm here, thank's too for your Reaktor works i tryed in the last few days).
    Your demo videos about these cinematic patches are really the most professionel sounding and looking i saw yet for iOS. Reminds me a bit of the style from Kevin Schröder which is one of my favorite sound designers ever.
    Respect!

• The update is out!!

• Thx!+++

• @brice you already know this...but your Cinematic sound bank is absolutely amazing. I can't even imagine how much work you must have put into it! I can't wait to explore these sounds more.

I was on the fence about buying Layr for quite awhile, but bought it after seeing your pre-release demo of these presets, and I can definitely confirm that it's everything I hoped for and more!

• Loving this update thank you
    And Brice the sounds are out of this world!!! Love the Angular preset!!

Thanks!

• There are clever & talented fellows on this Forum......... "Gawd Bess Ya!.......... Each & every one!"...... ;)

• Love it!

• edited July 2017

Thanks to @brice for putting in the hard yards. I salute you Sir from the comfort of this very lazy Friday afternoon couch... :)

• It was awesome before... and now. WOW especially with the amazing new presets by @brice showing the strength of this app. Plays great thru AB3 with state saving and individual audio outs. The dogs :)

• Good, good ...

• Easy now to say I only need one synth, given it's a Synth Planet. Big ups to @brice and @RedSkyLullaby for the maps...

• Can you make good sounds from scratch with this, or is it more like iWavestation where we can construct seemingly infinite variations of built-in sounds?

• I don't see the new presets. Where can I load them ?

• @gleandibson said:
    Can you make good sounds from scratch with this, or is it more like iWavestation where we can construct seemingly infinite variations of built-in sounds?

Yes you can. LayR is a full blown (several actually) synth and multi track arp to start from scratch or load preset sounds and performances.

• @cuscolima said:
    I don't see the new presets. Where can I load them ?

Go into load performance and look at bank 121 - load the Brice Beasley presets and enjoy.

• @Trueyorky said:

@cuscolima said:

Go into load performance and look at bank 121 - load the Brice Beasley presets and enjoy.

Thanks but for me (IPad Pro 2017) it only display the 120 - Brice Abstract...I have restarted mi ipad but nothing change

• @cuscolima said:

@Trueyorky said:

@cuscolima said:

Thanks but for me (IPad Pro 2017) it only display the 120 - Brice Abstract...I have restarted mi ipad but nothing change

Did you load the latest update? Quite sure it asks if you want to replace some banks with the new presets.

• @Trueyorky said:

@cuscolima said:

@Trueyorky said:

@cuscolima said:

Did you load the latest update? Quite sure it asks if you want to replace some banks with the new presets.

I have removed and reloaded the app and now it's ok. Still, I'm pretty sure I haven't been asked for anything after last update. Thanks a lot for your comments

• This is my favorite app of the year. Brice Beasley is amazingly talented and his two performance presets are pro quality. "Basement Cinematics Loud" is like a Sigur Ros song all in one.

• Seeing Tim Webb approach this app with his usual enthusiasm, struggle for 15 minutes, and still produce nothing but beeps killed my enthusiasm for this app.

I'm sure that, like Model 15, it's great for those who know what they are doing. But I'd just get frustrated at my own inability. Much better off playing with the many great apps I do understand....to some degree. ;)

• @Zen210507 said:
    Seeing Tim Webb approach this app with his usual enthusiasm, struggle for 15 minutes, and still produce nothing but beeps killed my enthusiasm for this app.

I'm sure that, like Model 15, it's great for those who know what they are doing. But I'd just get frustrated at my own inability. Much better off playing with the many great apps I do understand....to some degree. ;)

I hear you. How do we get from here to there? To be fair, 15 minutes isn't very long to spend down this particular rabbit hole, but we all need to choose where we invest our time. For some it will be LayR, but I don't believe in one size fits all. Regardless, this thing's a behemoth.

• edited July 2017

I wish someone would make a demo video about the iPhone version. It´s holding me back because i´m not sure if it is not too complex on an 5.5" screen and needs too much tabbing.
    But it looks like it could play well with my Seaboard. Undecided still.

• Don't care much for Webb but this app is great fun on the other hand! The new presets are a treat for certain. Another nice surprise in an already fun filled July.

• Just jumped! Looks good!

• Btw, anyone knows where to find the manual? The Info button doesnt seem to work for me