Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Wah wah, no piano roll.

• App Store says its available in UK store.

• Not seeing it in the US yet.

• It's not out in Sweden either, and changing store to UK didn't work. So it's probably up on the store just waiting at the moment, and will be released on the 18th. Might be one of those apps that'll gradually become available across the globe depending on the time zones

• This looks brilliant....will definitely get this..

• edited September 2013

New tutorial videos posted on the Developers youtube page

http://m.youtube.com/user/MooCowMusic

Looking forward to this one! The granulizer looks like great fun. This app and the upcoming Amplify are going to be really good! I do hope looptical will get some sort of piano roll to edit recordings and a better arrange window in the future. I prefer to move clips around on a time line where I can see the song structure.

• Is this a first, being able to play the programmed scales on a midi keyboard?

• Maybe, but I bet it doesn't work so well with whole tone scales.

• Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

• edited September 2013

Actually, what I was thinking about is evident in the pentatonic scale he plays. Because there are only 6 notes in a pentatonic scale (not including the octave), the scale starts on a lower key with each ascending octave. The reverse is true descending.

• I thought there were five notes in the pentatonic scale?

• I guess the added blue note in a blues pentatonic makes 6.

• You can play custom scales via midi with Thumbjam. All white keys. Works remarkably well.

• I didn't know that. Thanks.

• Yeah, it was a blues pentatonic. Lol

• Hey guys. I'm the developer behind Looptical, so if you have any questions then feel free to ask.

Mark

• Hey Mark, app looks great, and like a lot of fun with all the various ways to interact with it, not just the same old piano keys. Only question right now would be what it is going to be priced at?

• edited September 2013

Hi, Mark I'm guessing Looptical will be AB supported if you're visiting this forum. Awesome looking app. I'll probably lose some sleep tonight in anticipation. Any plans for a Ipad version. Does this version work well in 2x on ipad? And what ChriG asked.

• Looptical will be released tomorrow. I'm not totally sure what time that will be in what territory.
    Not sure what the question is about scales. It maps the major keys of the MIDI keyboard to the notes in the scale as they are shown on the iPhone. So if your scale has 5 notes then you get a new octave every 5 notes. If it has 12 notes then every 12 notes. I admit to having occasionally stuck blutac on the root notes of each octave on the keyboard to aid navigation. :)
    No piano roll currently. I'm not a fan of piano rolls on small screens because they encourage composition by tapping on tiny, tiny rectangles, instead of playing live and quantizing. Bum notes are easily erased by overplaying them in Delete mode, and you can perform larger-scale deletions and quantize/transpose in the Event List. However, I'm thinking about some sort of piano roll in the future to allow you to tweak notes rather than just erase and re-record them, but I'm not sure how complex to make it. Right now the whole focus of the app is on you just playing and recording music, and not on programming. I don't want to upset that.

• Price is $15 or local equivalent. That gets you a lot of content with no hidden IAP extras to worry about.
    I too am a fan of musical interfaces other than piano keys. There are a few in the app already, and I have a lot of ideas for future ones. It's already quite creatively interesting to be able to strum guitar chords with a piano or synth instrument, and I want to expand on that.
    Supports Audiobus. And Inter-App Audio Instruments. Probably can't say too much about IAA till iOS7 launch though. ;)
    iPhone only at the moment. Works great on iPad in 2X mode and in fact I test on both daily. Obviously the iPad has blockier pixels as a result. I'm planning on an iPad version (either separate or universal) at some point, but I wanted to design the app so it was intuitive and easy to use on the smaller iPhone screen, and then scale that up in some way to the iPad screen. Redesigning all the screens for the iPad is going to be a few months work, so it seemed sensible to release now for the iPhone rather than hold it back.

• @Mark Thanks. Sounds reasonable.

• As a suggestion, you might want to get a promo code to thesoundtestroom for a review video. He carries a lot of weight around here. Lol

• Looptical is in UK store now. Should be in US in a few hours.

• Half a gig worth 10.49 takes a while to load!

• Cant find it in the UK...anyone have a link

• Thanks man...nice one