Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JBL Flip 3/4 problem and question

Hi!

I got a JBL Flip 4 speaker for piano playing when I travel. The sound is very nice and using a cable connection, latency is low enough to be acceptable. The problem is, when I stop playing for about 10 seconds the Flip 4 goes in some kind of standby mode and when I start playing again, it needs time to switch on and the attack of the first note is cut off.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I'm thinking about returning it.
Does the Flip 3 do this also?
Or the Soundlink 2?

Thanks!

Comments

• I use one regularly in a classroom situation. There is a heartstopping moment before the audio comes in, it's true, but it's never failed yet (fingers crossed). It makes little whimpering noises as it turns on and off, too, which amuses students.

• It wouldn't really bother me simply for listening to music. But it is somewhat irritating when playing an instrument through it, which is a real shame because I really like the sound of the speaker...

So now I am looking for a speaker with about the same size and sound that doesn't go in standby after 10 seconds.

• Try to make an 8 sec file of one inaudible bleep that you loop in the background (using aum, audioshare, ...). Does that prevent the standby?

A hack, but if you like the sound ...

• Ha! Had the same idea and let the Tone Generator Pro App run in the background with a very quiet sinus tone. Works both below and above the speakers frequency response and prevents standby!!!

Thanks!

Yes, sound is really not bad at all for such a tiny speaker.They do compress of course and I wouldn't mix on them but playing piano and synth while singing works great when traveling!