Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PlayGround sale, now has looper and bpm!!!

The looper is a big game changer. BPM also, it can drastically change the mood of a scene.
I am a huge fan of this straight fwd app.
Sale is only for the week-end I think.

I don't know how long these features have been around but they sure bring a lot.
Some scene totally worth it.
Enjoy if you haven't yet.

Can anyone post the link?

Comments

• PlayGround • Music At Your Fingertips by HLO S.A.
    https://appsto.re/us/BxBC5.i

• Best intro/tute evah. Very clever design. I am now going to sit back and wait for @kobamoto to go rightly (and righteously) mad about what this app could be, if only etc.

• What does this app do that KRFT does not?

• edited June 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:
    What does this app do that KRFT does not?

The wish (see @kobamato) is to mush the two together, and add the best sampler ever...with follow actions

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    What does this app do that KRFT does not?

[Outbreath]. There's so many things it can't do that KRFT can, BUT....Jesus it's pretty and fly and full of the mentioned if onlys...

How do you get sound in? And then how do you get sound out? There's all kinds of nice packs to remix/play with, but I want my own stuff in there of course. BUT even if I did want to use what's offered, how to get things out? No way I can see (hear) apart from iPad to iPad but I never bothered to stay awake during those classes because I was never interested....(mum was right, I would pay the price some day....).

So....best SIMPLEST way to play this app and in realtime record to another iPad? What wires? What apps? etc.....

• @JohnnyGoodyear and @Littlewoodg: so your basic iOS edging. Thx

• I actually would like to see KRFT go this direction with the visual style, more free-form and top down with access to more sizes of shapes or custom ones.

• @Carnbot said:
    I actually would like to see KRFT go this direction with the visual style, more free-form and top down with access to more sizes of shapes or custom ones.

After playing with it a bit, I agree. @Alex fox, take a look?

• edited June 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:
    I actually would like to see KRFT go this direction with the visual style, more free-form and top down with access to more sizes of shapes or custom ones.

It is super slippery and I mean that in the most positive way Nurse....

• How I got this right: you have to buy the songs that you can then play using the constituent parts in any sequence you like, correct? It sounds like it might be fun, but it's not really an instrument, is it?

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    How I got this right: you have to buy the songs that you can then play using the constituent parts in any sequence you like, correct? It sounds like it might be fun, but it's not really an instrument, is it?

Disagree. Everything about its injection to its delivery method is wrong (the old in-and-out Dedoochka), but it's very much an instrument.

• @ExAsperis99 & All:

Totally wrong. You can't seem to put stuff in but you CAN get a live mix out. Something at least.

• I was basing it on the video and the AppStore description. It's free, so maybe I should just be quiet and download it and make an informed opinion?!

Does it have a way to create the loops it plays, or are they all premade?

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I was basing it on the video and the AppStore description. It's free, so maybe I should just be quiet and download it and make an informed opinion?!

Does it have a way to create the loops it plays, or are they all premade?

Hard (for me) to explain, but -essentially- each 'track' has some sounds and you make of them what you will. It's a very fluid interface (as indicated). You can loop a part of your playing if you wish and record audio (and video apparently). It's different, but a pleasure to play which is where the frustration will come in as regards limitations (as most of us here will see them, although perhaps not in the larger market; hard to say). Do try it. Would value your opinion.

• It is lovely. So intoxicating. Yes, I was not far off in suggesting that you're basically remixing somebody else's ideas, but it's really pure. Kind of a relief, actually, to have an instrument that is just there to bring pleasure without the pressure of having to then feed it in sync to a DAW and then hope that it fits with whatever other orphan sessions are lying around....

Recommended. Get it!

• Depending what you're looking for musically, this app almost doesn't let you create something badly. It takes a little getting used to, but I'm game - much better than the old version that I recall.

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It is lovely. So intoxicating. Yes, I was not far off in suggesting that you're basically remixing somebody else's ideas, but it's really pure. Kind of a relief, actually, to have an instrument that is just there to bring pleasure without the pressure of having to then feed it in sync to a DAW and then hope that it fits with whatever other orphan sessions are lying around....

Recommended. Get it!

Not for everyone (what is?) and I imagine many will bridle at its limits (technical and otherwise), but what the hell etc. The 'Mirror Lake' collection just gave me an almost what's going on Marvin Gaye-like 20 minutes (for which I'll be forever grateful etc). Set up a track, drums, perc etc in Blocs and then dabbled (almost painted) on top of that. Recorded, exported, took it into Auria, added the original bits and pieces from Blocs I'd been playing against and there you are. In time, certainly need a little editing, but lovely in places. And completely different (for good or bad) from anything anyone else might come up with....

• I suspect Koba is going to have a cow....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It is lovely. So intoxicating. Yes, I was not far off in suggesting that you're basically remixing somebody else's ideas, but it's really pure. Kind of a relief, actually, to have an instrument that is just there to bring pleasure without the pressure of having to then feed it in sync to a DAW and then hope that it fits with whatever other orphan sessions are lying around....

Recommended. Get it!

I mean, talk about fodder for a 'Featured Review'. This is like a great, if/and smashingly brief, NYT book review.

• Btw they made a previous version of the playground project named Beatsurfing, which was a programmable midi surface with all the core elements you can see in PG. but you know what? It was hard as f to build a playable idea with follow actions and lots of other goodies on an iPad.
    If any of you is interested it's still possible to find it in the store but it is pretty much abandonware

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Btw they made a previous version of the playground project named Beatsurfing, which was a programmable midi surface with all the core elements you can see in PG. but you know what? It was hard as f to build a playable idea with follow actions and lots of other goodies on an iPad.
    If any of you is interested it's still possible to find it in the store but it is pretty much abandonware

Thanks for the tip - I'm in.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    Btw they made a previous version of the playground project named Beatsurfing, which was a programmable midi surface with all the core elements you can see in PG. but you know what? It was hard as f to build a playable idea with follow actions and lots of other goodies on an iPad.

Beware: it won't run on iOS 11

• @mschenkel.it said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Beware: it won't run on iOS 11

Yep. I probably won't run on 11 either, given several favorite apps are about to be deprecated by that update...I'll likely keep my Air 2 on 10 and wait til my funds loosen up enough for a new device.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

Yes I've played on it. Visual style is interesting for sure. We have some ideas for a visual refresh but probably won't happen till KRFT 2.0 (whenever that will be!)

• I just can't...

• I am not a good Playground player. There is too much to keep track of at once for me and I can't even keep a steady drum beat going half the time. But it is very fun to make noise

• @kobamoto said:
    I just can't...

• Just dug not-much-deeper & realized no AB implementation here - can't spare the space on my 6s.

• I am underwhelmed. It does not inspire me and it does not help me to make music. But i think it could be good for small childs. Some of them will have fun.