Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT The build your own Midi controller topic

2»

Comments

• Not sure about what do you really need... mk2 mini joysticks? Pic? Usb hookups means HID? Or as spare parts?
    The wej is bluetooth hub. Brain usually means Arduino/raspi zero/teensy or regular midi hackeable controller...

For Touchwiz... draw something and show us. A simple draw could help...

For input midi wire out you mean midi kit?

• Alone or with four... My priority point for my Midi controller projectj.

• Nice!

I still have doubts my bad... try to answer some of them to let me point you towards solutions :wink:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Nice!

I still have doubts my bad... try to answer some of them to let me point you towards solutions :wink:

or, if it gets too complex, to seek cooperation with a well-known midi controller manufacturer. Maybe with Behringer, Novation or Akai, etc ..

• @freemobil64 said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Nice!

or, if it gets too complex, to seek cooperation with a well-known midi controller manufacturer. Maybe with Behringer, Novation or Akai, etc ..

If you can reach them go for it ASAP!

• Great thread :smile:

Is that a stapler turned into a sustain pedal? @Dubbylabby

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Great thread :smile:

Is that a stapler turned into a sustain pedal? @Dubbylabby

Yup, on/off switch lowcost. I need to add some weight under it to keep it upside but for the rest totally useful.

• @hansjbs explain us that WEJ based project...
    Maybe @Retronyms will be interested...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    @hansjbs explain us that WEJ based project...

Definitely. Was thinking of a MPC fly type controller/case for any iPad with 16 pads 4x4. Maybe about 2 ins 1 out. Headphones out also. USB and 5 pin midi also with audio interface. Has to be battery powered and rechargeable like the fly was. The guts could be the wej for the usb/Bluetooth midi.

• edited January 2019

@hansjbs said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    @hansjbs explain us that WEJ based project...

Definitely. Was thinking of a MPC fly type controller/case for any iPad with 16 pads 4x4. Maybe about 2 ins 1 out. Headphones out also. USB and 5 pin midi also with audio interface. Has to be battery powered and rechargeable like the fly was. The guts could be the wej for the usb/Bluetooth midi.

I can wonder two different approaches (talking about diy of course).

• Mpc studio with some tweaks (the case the most hard to add at one side small audiomidi interface like the iRig Pro Duo+cck3 if needed, Wej down and battery packs to power everything. Ripcord too if needed to power the Wej). I will use even a broken macbook enclosure if you ask me :lol:

• iTrack dock modding to build your own mpc-live but playing with shape (and don't investing 1K on it since you can plug even an old iPad mini1 on it). I will put the pad under in some kind of drawer under the iTrack but I will shape it in 2x8 like beastep (pro if you ask me too). Similar to tempest on stereoids (from the touchscreen side). Just for curiosity (and inspiration) some never released DSI designs...

http://cdm.link/2012/10/the-linn-tools-that-never-were-roger-linn-shares-shelved-designs-gallery/

Also the Linnstrument shows interesting approach to all this thinnest as possible but rock solid too we are enjoying. :wink:

• Yeah my first plan was to do it 2x8 but if I want it to look like the MPC fly and close like a laptop it has to be 4x4. The only issue is encoders. I don’t like the ones on the older MPC studio, they were hard to move. So that will be a problem. Unless I keep them to the side but then we’re getting into bulky situations. That roger Lin tempest mock up was pretty much what I wanted to do.

• edited January 2019

What do you mean with hard to move? Different placement?
    Are you talking about the black one with bigger encoders, right?
    What about Livid Base?

Or launchpad pro?

• I’ve been playing around with this thing, it loads Arduino and CircuitPython scripts, and there are a few “starter” projects to load and edit. The accelerometer is shaky but the thing is kind of an enjoyable adventure.

• Nice! I saw some monomesque projects with it. What are you building?