Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garage Band good enough for hashing out ideas?

I have a number of iOS synths, ModStep, AUM, Fuge Machine. I'm looking now to record my efforts and then translate the ideas to my laptop and Ableton. So I need a way to record. Not sure to what extent I want to keep things MIDI and what I want as audio. I need to keep CPU manageable (iPad Air) and I'm hoping not to spend that much more money. Just wondering what I should look at to keep my ideas for later use. Essentially a way to hash out ideas like one could with a Novation Circuit. I already have Garage Band. Wondering if I should be looking at any other app. I need a way to get ideas down on my iPad.

On a slightly different note what is recommended for a drum app, that's easy to use and has quality drum sounds?

Comments

• I would look at gadget or blocs wave since they have ableton export. My favorite drum machine app is patterning,by a long shot

• Yeah, I considered Korg Gadget. Maybe when it goes on sale.

• I will say yes and you can go much further than just fleshing out ideas in GarageBand.

• Yes. High quality drum sounds? The drums in garageband sound great, just no options to change them. But it's definitely my most used music app, awesome for writing and getting ideas down quickly.