Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox IAPs

I know that this has been touched on in one of the other two threads. But I really like the groove I very quickly got going. So I'm inclined to buy in.

The IAPs are US$4.99 each. I'm not opposed to dropping $15 on good sounds and to show my faith in the development of the app, but I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks. For a $5 synth, I would be disappointed without either a load of presets or mutability. Already, we know that automation is not there but has been promised. (I kind of don't see what you get for the $5 on the drum machine; the effects are global, it seems, no? And the waveform editor doesn't let you do much but truncate the sample.)

Comments

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I know that this has been touched on in one of the other two threads. But I really like the groove I very quickly got going. So I'm inclined to buy in.

The IAPs are US$4.99 each. I'm not opposed to dropping $15 on good sounds and to show my faith in the development of the app, but I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks. For a $5 synth, I would be disappointed without either a load of presets or mutability. Already, we know that automation is not there but has been promised.

has it? Someone said this on the forum... but I don't see a promise from the dev anywhere. I just don't want them held to something not clearly promised. I dig them. They are good peeps.

• edited June 2017

I think MIDI IN , sections and swing are the only promises made so far....plus an assurance of working well with other products from Novation and Focusrite.

Watch Jakob Haq's overview and tutorial for a fairly good explanation of what the iaps give.

• I bought the IAP access to the poly synth only and am very pleased with it. It is a great sounding synth and I was able to get some really interesting sounds going quickly. Has quite a range. So that one I can recommend. Haven't gotten the others yet, but if this is anything to go by, should be good.

• Mea culpa. I wrote "automation" but actually meant "midi in." (But automation -- a must, amirite?!)

• @AmpifyxNovation Quite sure I paid £4.99 for each IAP in the UK store but the AppStore is now listing two of them at £1.99 - has there been a reduction so soon?

• All in (if I understand correctly) each of the 3 instrument IAP's are $4.99 each plus $1.99 for extra presets for the 2 synth boxes. ($19 maxed out(?)).

A tad mystified that there's no tap-selectable Pattern playback - all I can see is mute / un-mutable instruments or am I missing a big obvious?

• @AmpifyxNovation sorry I didn't realise there are two more preset packs available :)

• I think the IAPs will be more than worth it, I just wish we didn't have to unlock them one at a time for each device. I'd happily drop $20-30 on this in one go if I knew it would unlock everything coming for awhile. Preset packs would obviously be extra.

• There should be a special price to unlock all three in one go.

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

The IAPs are US$4.99 each. I'm not opposed to dropping $15 on good sounds and to show my faith in the development of the app, but I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks. For a $5 synth, I would be disappointed without either a load of presets or mutability. Already, we know that automation is not there but has been promised.

has it? Someone said this on the forum... but I don't see a promise from the dev anywhere. I just don't want them held to something not clearly promised. I dig them. They are good peeps.

They've clearly more than delivered when it comes to Blocs. If this gets the same love then I'm confident it will come.

• @db909 said:
    I bought the IAP access to the poly synth only and am very pleased with it. It is a great sounding synth and I was able to get some really interesting sounds going quickly. Has quite a range. So that one I can recommend. Haven't gotten the others yet, but if this is anything to go by, should be good.

Did the same, on a whim. (Also got the preset packs, as an impulse purchase.) This Poly 8 synth does sound pretty good, but we have plenty of good synths on iOS.

Like others in this thread, was immediately surprised by the lack of MIDI in and the lack of automation. Glad Blocs Ampify is already committing to some of those features. With MIDI in (and MIDI learn!), might even use Poly 8 live, as it does sound pretty good.

• @Enkerli said:

@db909 said:
    I bought the IAP access to the poly synth only and am very pleased with it. It is a great sounding synth and I was able to get some really interesting sounds going quickly. Has quite a range. So that one I can recommend. Haven't gotten the others yet, but if this is anything to go by, should be good.

Did the same, on a whim. (Also got the preset packs, as an impulse purchase.) This Poly 8 synth does sound pretty good, but we have plenty of good synths on iOS.

Like others in this thread, was immediately surprised by the lack of MIDI in and the lack of automation. Glad Blocs Ampify is already committing to some of those features. With MIDI in (and MIDI learn!), might even use Poly 8 live, as it does sound pretty good.

If midi in controls params that could be sweet but it may just be note in.

• Midi In and Midi Learn is most important ,then the ability to import your own sample.

• @Trueyorky said:
    @AmpifyxNovation Quite sure I paid £4.99 for each IAP in the UK store but the AppStore is now listing two of them at £1.99 - has there been a reduction so soon?

>

No. Some IAP's are priced at £1.99. I think to be in line with BW and Launchpad packs.

• @Halftone said:
    They've clearly more than delivered when it comes to Blocs. If this gets the same love then I'm confident it will come.

>

Exactly.

• edited June 2017

@Trueyorky said:
    @AmpifyxNovation Quite sure I paid £4.99 for each IAP in the UK store but the AppStore is now listing two of them at £1.99 - has there been a reduction so soon?

That would be a record. The current reduction record is as far as I know Fluxpad that got reduced within a week. Though what I know is that launchpad (by the same dev team) has continually a lot of reductions of iap. But what I understand there's some misunderstandings about the ipa of the groovebox preset packs 1.99 vs unlock features 4.99.

• Seems there's 2 types of IAP.
    £1.99 gets you preset packs of sounds and midi patterns
    £4.99 gets you added features