Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox // A New Beats & Synth Music Studio for iPad & iPhone

Comments

• It's a beautiful app
    But no global mixer?

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Ok, thanks for the wait chaps. We've just gone live.

Groovebox - New Beats & Synths Music Studio for iPad & iPhone

Groovebox is a free, beautifully designed music studio app packed with inspiring synths and drum machines. In minutes you’ll be making beats, melodies, and playing with world-class instruments. Expand your own collection with more sounds and instruments available in the store. From the creators of Launchpad, Groovebox helps you produce music quickly and easily on iPhone & iPad.

WATCH THE VIDEO

link:

A Beats & Synths Music Studio
    Play with touchable instruments to quickly create your own beats and melodies, or draw in notes. Need inspiration? Groovebox has hundreds of patterns and sounds to get you started. Two powerful synthesisers, designed in partnership with Novation, deliver deep retro basslines and analogue harmonic melodies. The modern drum machine, with expanding drumkit library, will turn Groovebox into your go-to beat production studio.

Synths Designed in Partnership with Novation
    Designed in partnership with legendary synth pioneers Novation, Groovebox packs a world-class sound. Each instrument uses a new powerful synth engine capable of recreating classic warm analogue sounds and rich modern harmonics.

Easy to Start, Deep Enough to Master
    Groovebox is designed to kickstart ideas, but it has serious features for artists and producers too. The advanced synth parameters* let you sculpt your own sounds. Included iPad mixer, note sequencer, key and scale modes let you control your sound. Export your sounds easily to a laptop to produce further. Sync to other apps or a laptop with Ableton Link. Connect using Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and even Export to Ableton Live seamlessly.

Ampify x Novation
    We are Ampify, a unique innovative team formed from Novation, world-renowned music instrument pioneers. We’re responsible for some of the most popular music creation and remixing apps on Apple’s App Store. Launchpad for iOS has nearly 7 million downloads, and Blocs Wave for iOS won a number of prestigious awards. Our team, originally called Blocs, is now known as Ampify.

Groovebox Pricing
    Groovebox for iOS is free to download (with In-App Purchase pro features). All instruments can be expanded to show more controls for deeper editing at $4.99, £4.99, €5.49. Each instrument also has a soundpack store. Soundpacks are either drum packs (with samples & patterns), or preset packs (with presets & patterns) costing $1.99, £1.99, €2.29 each. More free soundpacks will also be available in future.

Download Groovebox for iOS free
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/groovebox-beats-synths-music-studio/id1242847278?ls=1&mt=8
    (This may take a while to propagate across all regions but should be available soon)

————

Highlight Features
    • Three powerful instruments - Drumbox, Retrobass and Poly-8
    • Discover and build ideas - Quickly explore sounds with hundreds of melody and rhythm patterns
    • Play touchable instruments - Create your own melodies and beats
    • Build beats - Play drum pads or keys, sequence notes or use patterns
    • Sound innovation - Synths developed in partnership with legendary Novation
    • Expand your sounds - Regular, fresh-content drum packs, presets and patterns*
    • Production-ready sounds - Crafted by world-class sound designers and artists
    • Extendable Instruments - Expose more tweakable synth controls*
    • Sequence your music - Draw notes and build patterns instead of playing them
    • Express your sounds - Edit the velocity within your patterns.
    • Stay in time and key - Choose from any tempo, key or musical scale
    • Mix your music - 8-track mixer on iPad. Instrument focus mixer on iPhone.
    • Share your music - Easily create a mix of your music to share with others

In-App Purchase*

Advanced Key Features (In More Detail)
    • Jam with others - Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link and Ableton Export
    • Ableton Export - Easily send your project to Ableton Live
    • Full scale support - All keys and major, minor and modes supported
    • Project management - Rename, duplicate and delete
    • iPad Pro support - Optimised to use the entire iPad Pro screen
    • Send your ideas to a laptop - Batch export your pads as a .zip file, or use Ableton Export
    • Bluetooth speaker supported

I like the app so far and looking forward to new updates/features. Think I found a bug tho

The note letters seem to zoom in when scrolling to the right in the piano roll

• It's really capable of some truly beautiful sounds

It's what figure should have been actually

• edited June 2017

Been testing this for about a fortnight, and started off cool about the synth module, but ended up loving what can be done with it.

The swipe down feature to turn on/off instances of modules is great for live use, and with a bit of forward planning can make a whole tune. When the app gets sections added as a feature, this will obviously become much easier.

• @gav said:
    I like the app so far and looking forward to new updates/features. Think I found a bug tho

We're aware of this one, and it should be fixed in the next version. We think it's actually to do with the 'bold' accessibility option being on in the main device settings. Just to double check do you have that enabled?

• @Love3quency said:
    It's a beautiful app
    But no global mixer?

This mixer is pretty global.....

• @brice said:

@Love3quency said:
    It's a beautiful app
    But no global mixer?

This mixer is pretty global.....

I'm using iPhone lol

Lemme see

• @AmpifyxNovation you said sections are coming, perfect. But what about parameter automation? This begs to be able to simply turn the knobs while recording and have that played back!

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@gav said:

We're aware of this one, and it should be fixed in the next version. We think it's actually to do with the 'bold' accessibility option being on in the main device settings. Just to double check do you have that enabled?

I see the same and yes Bold is enabled on my iPad

• If the devs keep adding more presets and instruments then I'm deleting gadget

I love the sounds this app creates

• Just took a gander out of curiosity, and man. The ability to create something instantly is unbelievable. It feels like cheating to me, but that's me and I didn't grow up with technology. Seems like a marvelous tool.

• edited June 2017

Terrific work on this one, guys. I've been a huge fan of Blocs Wave and Launchpad, and Groovebox fits very nicely into this ecosystem. Looking forward to updates, one thing I'd like to see is a sidechain master effect and of course automation. It would also be nice to mix all the instruments in one screen on iPhone, but I understand UI constraints.

Synth engines sound very nice to my ears, my one huge complaint about Gadget is that is sounds so rompler-esque and I spend more time mixing/EQing/cycling through Gadgets than I do making music. Groovebox strikes a nice balance between Auxy and Gadget: deep, but not too deep, with a beautiful UI and a lot of tools to get ideas going quickly. Grooveboxes are, after all, about making music quickly and intuitively. I think some people are missing the point.

Overall, I think it's a great app that's only going to get better.

• I can't stress this enough: parameter automation. We want to turn those knobs and have the turning played back. Am I the only one? This feature would make it a killer app. Because everything else is there for the groovebox angle, beautiful interface. But automation knocks it out of the park

• @db909 said:
    I can't stress this enough: parameter automation. We want to turn those knobs and have the turning played back. Am I the only one? This feature would make it a killer app. Because everything else is there for the groovebox angle, beautiful interface. But automation knocks it out of the park

Rest assured that I am furiously taking notes from every post, but also that many of these things mentioned are already on our list. We can't promise anything specific yet but we really appreciate the feedback!

Cain // Ampify

• @db909 said:
    I can't stress this enough: parameter automation. We want to turn those knobs and have the turning played back. Am I the only one? This feature would make it a killer app. Because everything else is there for the groovebox angle, beautiful interface. But automation knocks it out of the park

+1,000

• @db909 said:

No you are not the only one- I have been on about this as well. No automation is a major let down. Ampify seem to be ignoring these posts.
    Let me try again...... Ahem..... WHAT IS HAPPENING ABOUT AUTOMATION. ARE YOU AWARE OF HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS?

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

No you are not the only one- I have been on about this as well. No automation is a major let down. Ampify seem to be ignoring these posts.
    Let me try again...... Ahem..... WHAT IS HAPPENING ABOUT AUTOMATION. ARE YOU AWARE OF HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS?

Hehe, yah if it had automation of all synth parameters I would BUY ALL IAP... for real, promise.

• on another note, I really like how the keys light up previously recorded notes. Very useful for overdubbing

• @AudioGus said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Hehe, yah if it had automation of all synth parameters I would BUY ALL IAP... for real, promise.

I would as well.

• @Hansson said:
    Velocity, you can choose high-mid-low in the top right corner in step sequencer

This is what is NOT working :tongue:
    Maybe it was the patch I was using but did not hear any difference between low/high velocity.

Automation should be top priority along with user-preset instrument saving (unless it's IAP) . Editing notes could be easier on the sequencer .

• Doug, Jakob, Mitch, Shaz (and Co.) who's first with a demo video, showing what the drum and synths are capable of once unlocked?
    £12 for the 3 IAP, is it worth it?

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Just to be clear:

1) not updating the app with your requested feature 2 hours after they released it and
    2) replying to a post asking for this feature saying that it's on their list

counts as "ignoring" ??

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@gav said:

Yes I do actually. Thanks il try with it off

• Yo, this is a v1, y'all. And recall how far they went between V1 of Blocs Wave and where it is now...

This app is not for me, so I don't really have any dog in the fight. But it's free and it's a V1!

• @brice said:

@db909 said:

+1,000

+1000 also for above , is there a way to import ones own samples

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yo, this is a v1, y'all. And recall how far they went between V1 of Blocs Wave and where it is now...

This app is not for me, so I don't really have any dog in the fight. But it's free and it's a V1!

To me v1 Blocs to now... wasn't that far, aside from sending me to Launchpad... although maybe my foggy entitled memory serves my begging/pleading. haha ;)

• @eddielovesyou said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Just to be clear:

1) not updating the app with your requested feature 2 hours after they released it and
    2) replying to a post asking for this feature saying that it's on their list

counts as "ignoring" ??

Did they mention automation specifically is on the to-do list?

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yo, this is a v1, y'all. And recall how far they went between V1 of Blocs Wave and where it is now...

To me v1 Blocs to now... wasn't that far, aside from sending me to Launchpad... although maybe my foggy entitled memory serves my begging/pleading. haha ;)

Hahaha. V1 of Blocs was bare bones compared to the features that exist today. Whether any of those features were useful is a whole nuther story...

• You also have a bug with the BUY buttons width.
    The view is clipping the label.

In Romania the price string is "24.99 RON" so it doesn't fit. I thought it was 4.99

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Wow! Have you any idea how petulant you sound?